Ottawa Fury 2017 Season in USL

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

https://apt613.ca/interview-bruce-grobbelaar/

Great interview with Bruce Grobbelaar from last week. Turns out he actually applied to coach with the Fury in 2010, but never heard back, and apparently he wasn't a big fan of how Paul Dalglish ran training at the club. He's also pretty excited for the CPL, which is always nice to hear, and was pretty blunt about his impressions of the Canadian MLS teams with regards to player development:

"I think that it will be a very, very good thing for Canada because the MLS and the Canadian soccer teams within it are not developing Canadian players but are only developing American soccer players. I said when I first came to Canada that the reason why Canadian players don’t develop to the rate of American players is that the Canadian teams are too scared to develop their country boys."

On 10/15/2017 at 4:13 PM, Zem said:

https://apt613.ca/interview-bruce-grobbelaar/

Great interview with Bruce Grobbelaar from last week. Turns out he actually applied to coach with the Fury in 2010, but never heard back, and apparently he wasn't a big fan of how Paul Dalglish ran training at the club. He's also pretty excited for the CPL, which is always nice to hear, and was pretty blunt about his impressions of the Canadian MLS teams with regards to player development:

"I think that it will be a very, very good thing for Canada because the MLS and the Canadian soccer teams within it are not developing Canadian players but are only developing American soccer players. I said when I first came to Canada that the reason why Canadian players don’t develop to the rate of American players is that the Canadian teams are too scared to develop their country boys."

I wanted to hug Bruce after that interview. Hit the nail on the head for every subject he was asked about.

Archived