imagine canada plays tfc, impact and whitecaps

charlietown

All games at the MLS team's stadium. Players eligible for both teams can play 1 half on each side. Does canada get any results?  What is their final point total and goal differential? Predict outcomes.

weird question i know. its late. also bayern played holland a few years ago

im gonna say canada loses 3-1 to the caps as the caps speed blows past them and their skill is too much to handle, but canada is able to give the caps a few scares in a fairly close game. canada scores on a corner. ousted makes a tough save on larin
canada loses 3-2 to tfc, although the result is never really in doubt as tfc controls the play. tfc concedes a weak own goal from a mishandled cross. both teams score on a penalty
canada ties impact 2-2 in a thriller with drogba scoring a late tying goal. gritty affair, but some great goals for both sides. larin gets one on a breakaway and hoilett finds a tap in at the back post on a goalmouth scramble

1 pt gained
-3 gd

(caps fan)

If it was several years ago, I would say Canada would beat TFC.  With the recent DP's added, I don't know if Canada could still beat TFC.  We simply don't have anyone like a Giovinco.  Mind you, our defense would likely be better, so maybe its a wash.

I would definitely watch this. It would also introduce Canadian MLS club fans to the CanMNT. I would have club players not play against their own team. There is not even a TFC player as a regular player for CanMNT at the moment. No regular player for Montreal either. Only Whitecaps with Teibert who is regularly used, and they could do without him vs the caps. Do Ottawa and Edmonton also!

Interesting.  It wasn't that long ago where our national side against any MLS side was a mismatch.  I remember we played San Jose in a warm up match some time ago and the talent on our side was so much better. 

It now seems the MLS has improved so much and the National team fallen off that frankly I think the MLS sides would consistently beat us.

Interesting.  It wasn't that long ago where our national side against any MLS side was a mismatch.  I remember we played San Jose in a warm up match some time ago and the talent on our side was so much better. 

It now seems the MLS has improved so much and the National team fallen off that frankly I think the MLS sides would consistently beat us.

taking the imaginary scenarios a step further, i dont think canada would make the mls playoffs. back end is too inconsistent and scoring is like ??????? theres some solid mls players on our team though + hutch. i dont think we would finish last in mls

do you know what year it was when we played san jose?

If it was several years ago, I would say Canada would beat TFC.  With the recent DP's added, I don't know if Canada could still beat TFC.  We simply don't have anyone like a Giovinco.  Mind you, our defense would likely be better, so maybe its a wash.

neither team has a particularly solid defense. i seem to see lots of penalties in tfc games so i awarded one for both teams!

I would definitely watch this. It would also introduce Canadian MLS club fans to the CanMNT. I would have club players not play against their own team. There is not even a TFC player as a regular player for CanMNT at the moment. No regular player for Montreal either. Only Whitecaps with Teibert who is regularly used, and they could do without him vs the caps. Do Ottawa and Edmonton also!

because of your rule, de guzman plays only for the fury. he scores an early goal, but canada comes back with goals from larin, ricketts and hutch. the fury press late, but canada gets a break and ricketts slots home his second of the game for a 4-1 final

the game against edmonton is postponed due to snow, ice and nobody wanting to go outside. the csa announces the outcome will be decided in a fifa match. the eddies arent in the game (csa apologizes for this oversight), so they choose the canadian womens team to represent them. the game is streamed live on the space channel website. it finishes 0-0 and goes to penalties. substitute nakajima-farran skies a penalty. buchanan lines it up.... and she buries it! the women shock the men in a match that featured 3 combined shots on goal

canada finishes their cross-country tour 1-3-1

taking the imaginary scenarios a step further, i dont think canada would make the mls playoffs. back end is too inconsistent and scoring is like ??????? theres some solid mls players on our team though + hutch. i dont think we would finish last in mls
do you know what year it was when we played san jose?

Canada played San Jose when Yallop left Quakes and took over the Canada reigns, think it was in 2004. Radzinski in particular just torched them, he was a cut above anything else on the pitch.

I actually think that is a great idea for exposure for the MNT and pre-season games for the 3 MLS clubs. Have it so each team keeps their players for their game and perhaps discounted or free tickets to the season ticket holders.

An annual MNT "On Tour". Maybe with stops in Ottawa & Edmonton as well if time and players are sufficient.

Canada would get beat badly, this is like when people tried to talk hypothetically about how well the CanWNT would do against TFC (or even TFC  Academy)

I don't think so. Milan, most defenders, Hutch, Johnson, Ricketts, Larin, Tesho, etc would all be playing against our 3 MLS teams. That's not a shabby squad. It would be competitive and a benefit to both IMHO.

Canada would get beat badly, this is like when people tried to talk hypothetically about how well the CanWNT would do against TFC (or even TFC  Academy)

Yes comparing how our men's national team would do against TFC is like comparing how our women would do against TFC...

I think all the matches would be very close, in all likelihood Canada would finish 1-1-1.. I also think our MNT would make the playoffs in MLS if they played together year round.  Hutchinson and Hoilett would be two of the best players in the league, Borjan would be better than most keepers.. of course we already know that Johnson and Larin are star MLS players.  Teibert and Osorio are above average to good MLS players.  David Edgar and Doneil Henry would be a good centre back pairing for MLS... 4 star MLS players, 5+ good players.. seems like a pretty standard roster to me.

There's no chance Canada would get beat badly.  We may have some holes on our NT but every MLS team has significant holes and that's a fact.  

Stupid question, has anyone tried to simulate these matches in FIFA 16?

After seeing this I tried doing it pretty quickly. I don't think it is very realistic but I did it twice. I put all 4 teams in a custom league where they all played each other twice. The first time I used the pre set rosters and Canada finished last in the group and TFC finished first. I fixed up Canada's roster and tried to put the best Canadian players in the game in the first team (start Hoilett, Johnson, Osorio drop Tissot, Piette) and Canada actually won the league the second time around.

There were a few injuries notably Osorio for TFC and Riviero for VWFC so they missed a few games.

I think in really life if players could be cloned and play for both their teams if needed all the games would be pretty close. Individual moments would decide most games so TFC and IMFC with Giovinco and Drogba would probably do better. But on as groups all the teams would be pretty even.

Archived