9 ROAD point weekend?

tmcmurph

The title of this thread gives away 3 results at the same time...

Sorry. A beer fuelled day watching soccer and got caught up in the excitement of the moment. When I saw the results out of DC and Columbus I was so pumped for our game to start. We just had to do it.

On the other hand it could be taken as a thread asking people when they thought we'd all win on the road in the same weekend. I guess you could take it either way. I'll be more selective in future titles. Maybe a question mark at the end.

It can have results, but ideally NOT IN THE TITLE.

Not a difficult concept.

In this day and age if you have a game pvr'd you can't be upset if you go online, use social media or even go outside and see the results. You can't expect the world to stop so you can watch a game on your own time.

In this day and age if you have a game pvr'd you can't be upset if you go online, use social media or even go outside and see the results. You can't expect the world to stop so you can watch a game on your own time.

Listen, 'tard, there is a protocol on this board.  If you want to talk about results, you put [R] in the title.  You definitely don't put it in the title.  Anyone who's been here longer than a year knows this.  Forget about PVR, sometimes people come on this board to actually find the game to watch.  I know I've done this on several occasions, especially when games are now being streamed via youtube.  It's just good manners.

Listen, 'tard, there is a protocol on this board. If you want to talk about results, you put [R] in the title. You definitely don't put it in the title. Anyone who's been here longer than a year knows this. Forget about PVR, sometimes people come on this board to actually find the game to watch. I know I've done this on several occasions, especially when games are now being streamed via youtube. It's just good manners.

You should have really started your post differently.

As for the rest you make a valid point about looking for games to watch. You also somewhat taught me what the R means (I'm guessing results).

At the end of the day I still feel that people can't complain if they see results for a game they have not seen while online, even in the title.

People need to take responsibility, rather than placing blame elsewhere.

If I go on this board and some newbee puts the results in the thread title, I cannot place the blame on the newbee, because I am ultimately responsible for what I view.

If I assume that everyone is aware of the standards around that protocol, and I see a result I don't want to see, then that's on me.

That being said - we DO have standards around that so this type of thing doesn't happen. So newbees, please keep that in mind moving forward :)

Archived