2015 VCup Prelim First Leg - Ottawa vs. Edmonton - April 22 [R]

Also, for those interested,

Ottawa Possible Starting Lineup (4-2-3-1) (R to L): Peiser; Richter, Rafael Alves, Falvey, Poltronieri; de Guzman, Paterson; Oliver, Ubiparipovic, Paulo Jr.; Wiedeman

Ottawa Possible Bench: DeBellis, Beckie, Trafford, Randolph, Misik, Haworth, Heinemann

https://offcreview.wordpress.com/2015/04/22/2015-fury-fc-canadian-championship-voyageurs-cup-preliminary-round-1st-leg-ottawa-vs-edmonton-preview/

Stream was running - at least on http://www.canadasoccer.com/ ...

Really? I kept trying both the CSA site and the Ottawa Fury site throughout the game and never got anything. :(

FINAL

Ottawa 1-3 Edmonton

1' OTT Oliver Minatel

(62' EDM Lance Laing PK stopped by OTT Romuald Peiser)

83' EDM Daryl Fordyce

88' EDM Lance Laing

90'+4' EDM Tomi Ameobi

Shots on goal: 5-5

Shots off goal: 2-10

Corners: 2-3

Attendance: 2,402

Stream was consistently excellent for me.

God, I was reasonably happy getting out with a 1-0 loss, given Edmonton's inability to play on the road and rest advantage next week, but then Laing missed that penalty and all of a sudden we had a soccer game. And my heart exploded. i am kill

Really? I kept trying both the CSA site and the Ottawa Fury site throughout the game and never got anything. :(

FINAL

Ottawa 1-3 Edmonton

1' OTT Oliver Minatel

83' EDM Daryl Fordyce

88' EDM Lance Laing

90'+4' EDM Tomi Ameobi

It was fine here, but after about 80 minutes, I turned over the laptop to my daughter in trade for the TV to watch the Champions League Final.  Wow, 3 Edmonton goals ... missed that!

FINAL

Ottawa 1-3 Edmonton

1' OTT Oliver Minatel

83' EDM Daryl Fordyce

88' EDM Lance Laing

90'+4' EDM Tomi Ameobi

A good trick is to find a relevant twitter feed and follow their links. 

2015 Fury FC Canadian Championship (Voyageurs Cup) – Preliminary Round, 1st Leg – Ottawa Fury FC vs. FC Edmonton Review – 1-3 L

When: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 @ 7:30pm EDT

Where: TD Place Stadium, Lansdowne Park, Ottawa, ON (Watch at OttawaFuryFC.com, CanadaSocer.com; Listen at 580 CFRA AM)

Ottawa Injuries and Suspensions: CM Phil Davies (out – arm, 6-8 weeks), DM Richie Ryan (out – ankle, 3-4 weeks)

Ottawa Lineup (4-2-3-1) (L to R): Peiser 6; Poltronieri 8, Falvey 5, Rafael Alves 6, Richter 6; Paterson 6, De Guzman 4; Paulo Jr. 6, Ubiparipovic 7 (Misik 69’, 6), Oliver 7 (Haworth 80’); Wiedeman 6 (Heinemann 72’)

Ottawa Bench: DeBellis, Beckie, Trafford, Eustaquio, Misik, Haworth, Heinemann

Edmonton Lineup (4-1-4-1) (L to R): VanOekel; Moses, Watson, Roberts, Edward; Granitto (Raudales 60’); Smith (Laing 59’), Jalali (Fordyce 70’), Jones, Nyassi; Ameobi

Ottawa Goals/Assists: Oliver (Richter 1′)

Edmonton Goals/Assists: Fordyce 82′, Laing 87′, Ameobi 90′

https://offcreview.wordpress.com/2015/04/23/2015-fury-fc-canadian-championship-voyageurs-cup-preliminary-round-1st-leg-ottawa-vs-edmonton-review/

I was watching the feed on the CSA website for the game and it was the first time I had heard the Fury broadcast crew call a game. I wonder what the Fury fans think of the dynamic duo?

For my two cents worth, I didn't mind the play by play guy (AJ Jakubec) but I thought the colour commentator (Richard Starnes??) was quite the whiny ass; at least based on this one game.

Curious if it was just me.

I was watching the feed on the CSA website for the game and it was the first time I had heard the Fury broadcast crew call a game. I wonder what the Fury fans think of the dynamic duo?

For my two cents worth, I didn't mind the play by play guy (AJ Jakubec) but I thought the colour commentator (Richard Starnes??) was quite the whiny ass; at least based on this one game.

Curious if it was just me.

First time hearing the radio folks do PBP, usually I hear the Rogers folks on broadcasts. I liked Jakubec but Starnes was terrible. Personally, I don't care for the Rogers crew either.

Nothing tops the duo of Gareth Hampshire and Steven Sandor for Edmonton, IMO.

Archived