FC Edmonton 2015 Season

Not sure about bottom of the table... It really depends which bottom feeders come back (San Antonio, Atlanta) and who well the expansion sides set themselves up.

I agree on Watson and Fordyce. I would actually rank them above Boakai in terms of priority for the club. IMO:

1) Laing. GET HIM NOW.

2) Watson

3) Fordyce

4) Edward

5) Boakai

6) Nyassi

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with that assessment of Miller. In my opinion, he has the spring of 2016 to "prove" himself. I could be surprised, but I think the club will be facing a rough year.

There's a really good article in the Edmonton Journal (was tweeted out last night) which talks about what kind of players Miller is looking for. Says he want's a "player like Senna". To me, that's a solid holding mid, which the club sorely lacked in 2015.

I think this is the article you are referring to.
http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/soccer/eddies-waiting-in-suspense-for-key-contracts

Great news for Corea, he definitely looked like the most creative player to play for the eddies, at least in the short time I've followed them.  I am trying to be cautiously optimistic about Laing.

Dustin Corea sure looked good for El Salvador on Tuesday against the CMNT. Probably their best player, or at least the one that threatened the Canadian goal the most. Bodes well for FCE next year.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like the team will struggle without Fordyce & Laing.. The leading scorers in the club history.It's kinda of worrying they haven't come to terms yet with the club. Hanson, Nyassi n a stronger central midfielder presence are needed to make a push. 

I question how much urgency is felt by players or the club right now. Realistically we're JUST over a week into the off season. Feels like longer as FCEd hasn't played for a month now. I've heard that the players have offers before them, so the ball's in their half now.

I don't know how much FCEd needs Fordyce now. I'd have to look at numbers, but he's had a few VERY good games, and stacked up quite a few goals in that few games (typically vs Carolina). I think Ameobi has been able to spread out his goals more, which I'd prefer to see. If he's back, I'd like Fordyce in more of a seriously attacking mid role, rather than pure striker.

Agreed on the mid. How crazy would it be to see FCEd make a serious offer for DeGuzman?

I question how much urgency is felt by players or the club right now. Realistically we're JUST over a week into the off season. Feels like longer as FCEd hasn't played for a month now. I've heard that the players have offers before them, so the ball's in their half now.

I don't know how much FCEd needs Fordyce now. I'd have to look at numbers, but he's had a few VERY good games, and stacked up quite a few goals in that few games (typically vs Carolina). I think Ameobi has been able to spread out his goals more, which I'd prefer to see. If he's back, I'd like Fordyce in more of a seriously attacking mid role, rather than pure striker.

Agreed on the mid. How crazy would it be to see FCEd make a serious offer for DeGuzman?

Isn't he signed through this coming season?

I feel like the team will struggle without Fordyce & Laing.. The leading scorers in the club history.It's kinda of worrying they haven't come to terms yet with the club. Hanson, Nyassi n a stronger central midfielder presence are needed to make a push. 

I don't think Fordyce is a key player anywhere close to the way Laing is. I prefer Ameobi to Fordyce.

No prob. To the best of my knowledge, there's only a few players that are signed and confirmed coming back in 2016. Peiser, Ryan, and Falvey are the one's I've heard for sure. There's a LOT up in the air, if that's the only ones they've actually had put pen to paper.

Also Trafford and Richter apparently, but the club is very hush hush.

Also Trafford and Richter apparently, but the club is very hush hush.

Thanks for that. I knew it was 5, but couldn't find the other two.

Not super surprising that the club is quiet... Most NASL clubs are. That said, its looking like the moves are coming right away. Hearing the Cosmos are losing quite a few players, including Restrepo turning down an extension.

Like you said, hardly a surprise. I really couldn't see him staying longer than another year though.

Looking on the positives (as I've already braced for a difficult 2016), this frees up an international spot, and eliminates a contract rumored to be between 75-100k a year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What do you all think of the roster for the coming season? Not as good as last season? It looks like a couple of you are bracing for a poor campaign. I'm going to try to catch some games this season on One World Sports. I think I'll have to stream games, but that should be OK.

Good luck... No FCEd games on the one world sports games of the week. 

I'd check out the 2016 thread. Laing was a loss, but FCEd has really shored things up to me. Strengthened across the board, I have a hard time picking a consistent starting 11 only because most of the players would be legit starters. 

Archived