Canada vs England - Friday May 29th in Hamilton

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking at the ticket sales on ticketmaster.   It was mentioned that the V's have the beer garden booked.  I am hoping it is the Pioneer energy zone as they have started selling the GA tix for the other endzone.   Also some good news.  The city has now passed the stadium for events.

I was looking at the ticket sales on ticketmaster.   It was mentioned that the V's have the beer garden booked.  I am hoping it is the Pioneer energy zone as they have started selling the GA tix for the other endzone.   Also some good news.  The city has now passed the stadium for events.

I thought you guys had the Coors Light Patio. That's the elevated private Patio that you need tickets to gain access to (at least for Ti-Cat games). The Pioneer Patio is the side with couches for seating and the public patio behind it, the couch portion is roped off and you need tickets for it, but the rest of the patio is open to everyone.

I am not sure.  I just seen you could buy GA tix in the north endzone.  Are there 2 levels at this end?  I live in Hamilton but haven't been to the stadium yet.

There are two levels of the Coors Patio, but seats for in are all the same cost. The second level is more of a bar mingle area, the first is more of the seating, watch the game. Never been on the patio myself, but seen it many times from afar. It also becomes a stage if they have a halftime band play, as I got to see Monster Truck play the halftime show for a game there.

ok tix are out.  What about pregame?   I can talk to a bar close to the stadium if needed.

As we discussed at our V's meeting with the honourable Tuscan last month, I would say let's check it out, it's right beside the stadium and is used by TiCat fans for pre game drinks!

A word of warning guys, the bars around the stadium aren't the nicest places around. While I often frequent the Touchdown Pub before the game and the beer is just as cold as everyone else's, the menu and state of the place leaves a bit to be desired, although they do have a patio and often have a beer bucket just outside the door for Ti-Cat games and we Ti-Cat fans have no problem cramming in for games (mainly because of the free parking). I know the Hub isn't much better and I've heard mixed tales about the Prince Edward.

My recommendation is you handle a 25 minute walk is there is a Boston Pizza at Centre Mall. Other then that, downtown Hamilton is really where most of the good local restaurants are.

A word of warning guys, the bars around the stadium aren't the nicest places around. While I often frequent the Touchdown Pub before the game and the beer is just as cold as everyone else's, the menu and state of the place leaves a bit to be desired, although they do have a patio and often have a beer bucket just outside the door for Ti-Cat games and we Ti-Cat fans have no problem cramming in for games (mainly because of the free parking). I know the Hub isn't much better and I've heard mixed tales about the Prince Edward.

My recommendation is you handle a 25 minute walk is there is a Boston Pizza at Centre Mall. Other then that, downtown Hamilton is really where most of the good local restaurants are.

We were going to check this Touchdown Pub out, probably tonight! A couple of points, it doesn't matter to many people about how nice the washrooms or decor is, it's just a pre game pub and a short 5 minute walk to the stadium is important, as well as some parking! The other main point is they are receptive to a football crowd and have been warned about singing and chanting, a Boston Pizza although they have a more extensive menu would not be cool with that, I have learned this from experience! (The Rhino before the Jamaica WCQ)

Guys, I just was reminded of the yearly debates of the pre-game pub for U-SECTOR, they turn in to multi page debates and everyone has different reason why we should go to this pub or that pub, they all have points! We will check out the Touchdown Pub and let people know our opinion and take it from there but I'm not going to get in to a big debate over this or that, I frankly juat want to have a couple of pints and meet up with the group and get to the match easily and in absence of an official V's pub a few of us are trying to help out!

OK, an update! JDub and I did some tough leg work and went by The Barton Touchdown Pub after work tonight, it has a lot of positives for what we need it for as a pre game pub! First and foremost, as Sam mentioned is location, it's 500 meters from THF, you can see the light posts from the patio, this gives potential for an epic march as the longer ones tend to get separated! It's a large room with a capacity of 250 with a good sized patio, as Hammer mentioned they have a large beer bucket that they can move outside to sell iced beers and they are experienced in dealing with pre game crowds! The prices are reasonable, a domestic bottle is $4.25, a Heineken or Corona $5.50 and a pitcher about $13! There is a food menu, just your standard burgs and wings although there are vegetable somosas and salads listed! There is parking for about 30 to 40 cars there which might be handy for some, it's right on the Barton bus loop for those coming in from the GO Station! I spoke with the owner earlier in the day and he is fine with a loud soccer crowd chanting and singing, I'm sure we can set up banners and basically do what we want! It's not the fanciest of places but it is clean with old school urinals built right into the wall for the guys, it's been there forever, I played for their hockey team years ago when it was the Avon Tavern! It might not be perfect for everyone but overall I think it's our best bet especially being so close to the stadium and we give it our recommendation! Cheers

OK, an update! JDub and I did some tough leg work and went by The Barton Touchdown Pub after work tonight, it has a lot of positives for what we need it for as a pre game pub! First and foremost, as Sam mentioned is location, it's 500 meters from THF, you can see the light posts from the patio, this gives potential for an epic march as the longer ones tend to get separated! It's a large room with a capacity of 250 with a good sized patio, as Hammer mentioned they have a large beer bucket that they can move outside to sell iced beers and they are experienced in dealing with pre game crowds! The prices are reasonable, a domestic bottle is $4.25, a Heineken or Corona $5.50 and a pitcher about $13! There is a food menu, just your standard burgs and wings although there are vegetable somosas and salads listed! There is parking for about 30 to 40 cars there which might be handy for some, it's right on the Barton bus loop for those coming in from the GO Station! I spoke with the owner earlier in the day and he is fine with a loud soccer crowd chanting and singing, I'm sure we can set up banners and basically do what we want! It's not the fanciest of places but it is clean with old school urinals built right into the wall for the guys, it's been there forever, I played for their hockey team years ago when it was the Avon Tavern! It might not be perfect for everyone but overall I think it's our best bet especially being so close to the stadium and we give it our recommendation! Cheers

This sounds perfect! 

Alright then, Barton Touchdown/The Dizzy Weasel/The Avon Tavern it is. As Gator said, its been around forever.

I went by the field today and they are still working on it  most of the washroom's are done. they said on the news today that they hope  to have everything done 100% by june.     both fields in Toronto and Hamilton are running late

Archived