Canada vs England - Friday May 29th in Hamilton

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still waiting as well!  The silence from The Voyageurs is a little concerning, nothing posted about tickets being sent, no response about pre game festivities and who knows if a bus is coming in to the Hammer!

So the final word is no bus coming from Toronto and apparently not many V's bought tickets.  As for the pre-game.  A few of us will be at the Touchdown Pub on Barton Street. I am heading there just after 4:30pm.   Anyone heading down a bit early come on by.  See you at the pub or at the game. Cheers.

That article saying there was 19,000 seats sold caused a small rush of seat sales.  There's about 150 seats on the west stands available and about 1,100 left over on the east stands available plus some GA on the patio.  There's no doubt this game will sell out now.

As of Monday afternoon there looks to be about 125 left in the West stands and about 650 left in the East Stands. Plus whatever is left for GA on the patio.

Probably about 1000 tickets left, 21500 sold.

Those numbers don't include the couple hundre suite seats.

The pre match crowd seems to be growing in size, we have notified the pub owner and he will staff accordingly, remember there are 40 parking spaces at the Touchdown Pub available on a first come basis! Jamie has advised he will be coming down early with shirts and swag so this is your chance to get properly outfitted in the cool Voyageurs gear!

Not sure whats going on with the ticket sales. Yesterday on the ticketmaster site there were about 200 tickets left. Today those tickets are gone but other tickets that appeared sold before are now appearing for sale.

Perhaps soccer clubs have returned tickets they weren't able to sell?

Not sure whats going on with the ticket sales. Yesterday on the ticketmaster site there were about 200 tickets left. Today those tickets are gone but other tickets that appeared sold before are now appearing for sale.

Perhaps soccer clubs have returned tickets they weren't able to sell?

The Ti-Cats actually did this last playoff game at THF. What often happens is the team reserves tickets for players and their families and just before the venue sells out (or at a specific date as the time-frame for this kinda thing is written in the CBA or player contract) the team releases the tickets that the players didn't end up using.

The Ti-Cats actually did this last playoff game at THF. What often happens is the team reserves tickets for players and their families and just before the venue sells out (or at a specific date as the time-frame for this kinda thing is written in the CBA or player contract) the team releases the tickets that the players didn't end up using.

I know sports teams usually do that. But the seats being held back for family and friends are usually pretty good ones. These seats appearing on ticketmaster are upper deck in the corners and other places around the stadium, not just one section. Theres also over 1000 tickets available now that weren't availaable yesterday. Which leads me to believe its not just for friends and family. Its gotta be something more. Perhaps sponsors returning their allotment of tickets they aren't using, or local soccer clubs returning their allotment of tickets they didn't sell.

This one wil be on the BBC red button tonight. Interested to see if they sent people to cover this or if they wil just use the TSN feed.

I am pretty excited that I'll be able to watch this on my tv.

Keep your eye out for us Voyageurs in the North End Beer Garden!  It will be worth staying up past midnight to see this, enjoy!

Archived