Canada vs England - Friday May 29th in Hamilton

CAUXMnUUIAAx3C9.jpg

Canada vs England

Date: Friday May 29th

Time: 7pm EST

Stadium: Tim Hortons Field (CIBC Hamilton Pan Am Soccer Stadium)

Tickets:

-On sale to the general public on Tuesday March 31st

Ticket info:

http://canadasoccer.com/?gid=1244&t=2014_match

-Voyageurs section TBD ( Jamie: EDIT THIS SECTION when you have any info).

Details:

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-wnt-to-play-england-in-final-match-before-fifa-women-s-world-cup-p157569

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So unbelievably excited for Hamilton to get a game!!

7pm start may be a little tight to hit a bar before hand, there are no good bars big enough near the stadium. A ton of parking across the street, tailgating may be a possibility.

I'm hoping a ton of Toronto V's make the trip down the 401 for this.

Holy crap! Where the heck did this come from! Awesome!

http://www.tsn.ca/canada-gets-wc-test-vs-england-in-hamilton-1.233267

So unbelievably excited for Hamilton to get a game!!

7pm start may be a little tight to hit a bar before hand, there are no good bars big enough near the stadium. A ton of parking across the street, tailgating may be a possibility.

I'm hoping a ton of Toronto V's make the trip down the 401 for this.

You are sadly correct, the bars around the stadium are more then a little divey. The best bar nearby would be the Boston Pizza over in Centre Mall at Ottawa and Barton, but that's about 2.5 city blocks away, although there is plenty of parking there. If you want to drink Hess Village or Augusta St. are your best options IMO. Both are a quick walk down to Main St. and the King St. bus takes you within a block of the stadium. Just get off at Melrose or Balsam.

If you are looking to eat, can't go wrong with these places.

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/shows/you-gotta-eat-here/locations/?page=1&location=Ontario

Although I think Chuck's is in a fight with their Landlord. For your generic chain restaurants (Kelsey's, Buffalo Wild Wing, Lonestar..etc) Centennial Parkway is the place to go, although the Ancaster Meadowlands (on the other side of the city) and Upper James St between Rymal and Stone Church also are loaded with them.

I really hope they managed to get the Ti-Cats flag on loan for this game.

1. We have the beer garden booked.  It's something different, let's try it.

2. I have a pre game location, if we do buses.

3. Maybe we can do some kind of Go Train + Bus combo from Aldershot to skip the traffic.

We have some time to think about it.

Toured the stadium today, it's really nice.

1. We have the beer garden booked.  It's something different, let's try it.

2. I have a pre game location, if we do buses.

3. Maybe we can do some kind of Go Train + Bus combo from Aldershot to skip the traffic.

We have some time to think about it.

Toured the stadium today, it's really nice.

Having made the trip to TO many a time, your standard day pass will get you to Aldershot on the train, and from there it buses to the Hamilton GO Centre on Hunter St. Eventually the Liuna station GO is going to bypass the need for this bus, but for now that's the route. As far as busing to the Stadium, the King, Barton and Cannon buses will take you to the Stadium area. Just get off at Melrose or Balsam and I believe they run into the GO station most hours of the day, but not late at night. Thankfully we live in the days of the interwebs.

http://www.hamilton.ca/CityServices/Transit/CurrentSchedules

The Hunter St. GO Station is also very close to Augusta St. that has about 8 pubs with patios along it. Let me know if you have any questions about Hamilton and it's Geography. I'll be happy to help.

Having made the trip to TO many a time, your standard day pass will get you to Aldershot on the train, and from there it buses to the Hamilton GO Centre on Hunter St. Eventually the Liuna station GO is going to bypass the need for this bus, but for now that's the route. As far as busing to the Stadium, the King, Barton and Cannon buses will take you to the Stadium area. Just get off at Melrose or Balsam and I believe they run into the GO station most hours of the day, but not late at night. Thankfully we live in the days of the interwebs.

http://www.hamilton.ca/CityServices/Transit/CurrentSchedules

The Hunter St. GO Station is also very close to Augusta St. that has about 8 pubs with patios along it. Let me know if you have any questions about Hamilton and it's Geography. I'll be happy to help.

3 transfers and people are out, 4 if you count getting to Union.

For less we can have a comfy coach bus go to the pre game party and deposit people directly at the stadium.    If we win take them home, we don't, it's their fault and they have to walk.

3 transfers and people are out, 4 if you count getting to Union.

For less we can have a comfy coach bus go to the pre game party and deposit people directly at the stadium.    If we win take them home, we don't, it's their fault and they have to walk.

Would this bus be going from Toronto to the pub and then the game and back? If that's the case I would be in for sure.

Would this bus be going from Toronto to the pub and then the game and back? If that's the case I would be in for sure.

That's the plan.  Have to find at least 54 like minds in Toronto now. 52 rather.

Edit... 50

I found this game today and it reminded me of the awesome guys I met at the soccer conference this weekend. Thanks for coming and for chatting with me. I've been to a few games in the past and a couple in the supporters section, but it's been a long while. I think this game will be my return!! 

Looking at the ticket map, it appears almost 5 sections are sold out, although large boxes of the second level are greyed out, likely indicating banners over some of the seating. A picture is worth a 1,000 words though. Should be a pretty packed place as this is the current ticketmaster map before general sale has been opened up.

CanvsEngFriendly_zpsbpmarhxa.jpg

... although large boxes of the second level are greyed out, likely indicating banners over some of the seating...

I don't know if they'll have tarps over some sections, but you are correct in assuming that just because they show some seats unavailable for sale does not necessarily mean they have already been sold. If you try to buy tickets for the July Gold Cup game at BMO Field, you can't get anything in the upper (200) level. Even though the seating map shows prices for them, they're not selling them and likely won't until if or when they know the lower part of the stadium will be mostly filled. They've done it that way for most Canada matches there. I just wish they would point this out from the beginning, although I suppose it's preferable to what's happened to me twice, having bought a ticket in the upper level and then when arriving being told they're not letting anyone sit there and then getting directed to a less optimal section. It happened at a Canada friendly at BMO, and the TFC/SKC game at Rogers Centre.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived