Canada vs England - Friday May 29th in Hamilton

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too.  With drones these days you can get a really good one for under $1k.  I don't think it's illegal to fly over a stadium and certainly the guy didn't do anything wrong.  His drone use is more along the lines of "pretty cool" rather than menacing.

I think it's illegal to fly over 100m, over a stadium, over a city, over an area a full of people, etc.

I think it's illegal to fly over 100m, over a stadium, over a city, over an area a full of people, etc.

Illegal to fly over 100 metres? What do you mean by that?

Edit: the law states its illegal to fly at an elevation of higher than 90 metres. Think thats what you were getting at.

I only saw the last 15 or so minutes of the match but during that stretch Scott was great (as usual) destroying the midfield and breaking up any English build up in the middle of the park.  How did she look in the earlier 75 minutes?  

While the attendance was great for this game, I don't think it will change the timeline for when Hamilton gets an NASL team. While I hope I'm wrong realistically you are probably looking at 3 to 5000 a game for Hamilton NASL home games which is more or less the norm league wide for NASL games. Playing in these massive stadiums like Tim Hortons and Ottawa's new stadium when your only going to get 3 to 5000 a game is tough on the atmosphere of a game, we have been there done that in Canada and North America when it comes to soccer, that is why the MLS started building smaller stadiums for its teams and it has been working rather nicely for most of its teams, even some of the other leagues like the NASL and the USL have teams playing in smaller venues which makes the game look more appealing. I understand it's just not possible economically for most teams in leagues like the USL and NASL to either play or build smaller more soccer friendly stadiums it's just too bad. I remember going to the old Brian Timmins Stadium back in the old CSL days for the Steeler games and I think it held close to 5000, when that place was packed the atmosphere was pretty nice.

Well done CNDWNT! Was able to catch parts of the game, what a goal.

Impressive match production by all involved; CSA, supporters, Tiger-cats, the city.

For those visiting the stadium and the city for the first time;

- how was your experience? meet or surpass expectation.

- stadium, pre game meet-up, atmosphere, concessions, etc.

From a football viewing perspective, the beer garden is to far away and low for the V's. We should be looking at sideling seating at future THF events/NASL (for the locals).

Although demand will not warrant the costs, would be nice to have retractable seating there like we'll see at BMO in 2016.

Always interesting what you can distinguish when listening with headphones

BBC Commentators Canada vs England

"Adriana Leon is coming off, she's being replaced by Jessie Fleming who is 17 years old. competing in a major tournament,

"Brilliant"

"How about that?"

"She must be a talent to be playing at that age!"

"I believe so, though, she looks about 12"  :)

Reading comments on articles about the match, there was more than one who mentioned the long lines for food. And comments about difficulty getting there which I chalk up to first time visitors to the stadium thinking they can drive right up to the door, have ample parking and no thought about using public transit. 

Venue looked good on tv. I did see the Voyageurs in the background but given they weren't seated and were far away, there was no face time and chants weren't that audible 

hey all. Catching a bit of world cup fever around here inevitably this weekend, just took a moment to go thru some pics from last week and popped on to share.

The trip to Hamilton was a success and a good chilled vibe in the stands/patio end for a nice evening.

CmRixMt.jpg

"Flag poles at the door".  Stumbled on a nice place for prematch grub and always nice to see some other Red floating in so you know you're in a decent place. hehe. Out to Marauder01.

fubXKX3.jpg

2UgQCoa.jpg

YLNXtuB.jpg

"we're gonna need a bigger pole". haha, all that matters is we're flying.

ti13Fzs.jpg

Tom interviewing with some BBC guy on the way in. Hitting allll of the talking points about WWC.

YG0yukA.jpg

Lovely evening! Of course shortly after the anthems we realized we were on the 'wrong patio'. haha.  We're comin V's!

hCGWBUU.jpg

On the right patio, things lookin good. Time to wave some flag.

CfB4IP9.jpg

Players stopping warmup to catch the action.

EemiQ3V.jpg

yIrrlo9.jpg

QRoRIQh.jpg

Gotta shout out to Mr. V Red Jacket himself - thanks for all the hard work always.

MuRqSbf.jpg

Down at pitch level taking in the frenzy post-match. It's just crazy to players signing autographs taking weird angle selfies etc.  That connection with the youth.

WqRz3mv.jpg

Wandering around pitch level, couldn't resist.  Security starting to wise up, but only because of the frenzy of little girls trying to get the players attention.

Good times.

And watching matches today I randomly see myself flag waving in a TSN ad.  All good, I knew I signed my life over to them for some reason at some point during this evening.

Have a good tournament Canada!

Archived