So, was it a foul? (spoilers for TFC vs CHI)

AvroArrow

Gilberto pokes the ball into Chicago's net in extra time but it is disallowed by the ref due to a foul.  I'm just trying to figure out what the foul was?  Gilberto did come through the legs of the Chicago defender from the back, but I don't know if you would qualify that as a slide tackle from behind.  I don't really know what other foul could have been called on that play, as there didn't seem to be any extra pushing or shoving going on.

Any refs out there who could shed some light?

^ It goes further than that.  I have been saying what Bradley initially said for 8 years.  Canadian refs (especially Gantar and Petrescu) go out of their way to the point of obviousness that they are not biased for Canadian teams that they end up consistently screwing over TFC, Impact and VWFC.  I almost have come to think MLS likes it that way.

Of course it wasn't a foul. But instead of blaming the ref, maybe they should have started a bit more more agressively and not wait until the last 10 minutes of the game to go for the win. I mean, they waisted an entire first half IMO. Then you take a chance that not everything will go in your way.

Of course it wasn't a foul. But instead of blaming the ref, maybe they should have started a bit more more agressively and not wait until the last 10 minutes of the game to go for the win. I mean, they waisted an entire first half IMO. Then you take a chance that not everything will go in your way.

no one disagrees that TFC sucked in 1st half. actually, they sucked till about 80th min when Chicago really started to bunker in.

but that's not what is in discussion here. on first glance, I can give Gantar the benefit of a doubt but in the end, he blew a critical call again. why blame TFC for a blown call by the ref?

no one disagrees that TFC sucked in 1st half. actually, they sucked till about 80th min when Chicago really started to bunker in.

but that's not what is in discussion here. on first glance, I can give Gantar the benefit of a doubt but in the end, he blew a critical call again. why blame TFC for a blown call by the ref?

I think you missed the point there. Shamrock means that people should focus on the things the team has control. A blown ref call is something TFC has no control about it.

Archived