Canada vs. Germany, August 16th in Edmonton

Sport Shaman

Hey all, I've officially got the go-ahead from work to have the day off, so I'll be there...trying to wrangle up some more support too...also love the Pint/Sherlock combination, seems to work well here in Edmonton.

Mike, if there's anything you need help with, just message me...I'm off for the next couple of days as well, so I can help out with some legwork if needed.

The Pint is a pretty supporter friendly place since they tend to deal with us ESGers during after parties. So my pick would have been there as well. Sherlocks is great, though can be pretty packed at times. Hopefully the outdoor patio will open things up a bit.

What time do you recommend for showing up for pre-game to be able to socialize march (yes we need to have a good march) to the LRT/stadium, and be in our seats?

I doubt that you will want to march all the way from the Pint to Commonwealth stadium, especially if it's a hot day. I was thinking we could take transit (LRT)to the stadium so we can march part way down Jasper Ave and then duck into one of the downtown stations. That also gives us a bit of a march from the Stadium LRT station across the street to the stadium and then halfway round the stadium to the gate where our seats are.

As far as start time for pre-game; I guess it depends how primed we want to be beforehand since beer at the stadium is rather mediocre. I was thinking around 2:30 or 3 PM but those who are inclined can certainly start earlier than that. Should probably leave the Pint by 5 at the latest so we can get organized in the section.

yes , panicking in the second half , Canada goals come in close with lots of bodies , too many long shots with no chance , still Canada impressed in first half with fearless play and lots of great buildup , Nichelle Prince out  hurt them , with physical presence lacking in second half .

Still an entertaining game right up to whistle  .

Quinn looked out of sorts today like on the first goal (but it was offside). Prince being hurt meant less chance of a comeback. Putting Campbell in again was a mistake as she has shown a bad touch and subpar u20 football iq. Was Pierre-Louis not match fit? Was Agnew even worse than Campbell (doesn't appear as she did more in 10 mins than Campbell did in 3 appearances). Why did Summer Clarke decline her invite? I like Sheridan's demeanour but her decision making and capturing high balls still need a lot of work.

Looking at senior team potential. Buchanan, Quinn, Yekka & Fleming have already played. Only Yekka's play was worrisome but she had a decent match against Germany. Otherwise, only Prince stepped up to be considered for 2015.

Was that a defensive error? I thought it was a good header on to a player who was two yards offside and therefore got a break away.

At least Germany scored again.

2 players going for the same ball as the last players back leaving an opposition forward wide open. Don't make excuses about offsides.

How many more players from this years u20 roster other than the four who already have, will get a senior call up at some point? Is the captain Kinley McNicoll , have a shot at senior spot?

Off the whole lot including the coach I would save Amandine Pierre-Louis.  She knows what she is doing out there.

Definitely offside Rob, not even close. I played it back in slow motion on my PVR. Good movement by the German team though - at all levels that seems to be one of their strengths. Just ask Brazil!

Good to know. Once I'm back in Regina I will have to re watch the game. Love being in the supporters section but can't say you get the best sense of the game from that vantage point.

For the Edmonton game that was one of the few sections that the CSA hadn't sold tickets in so we were able to assemble there. In all honesty, with the very tight timelines, everything went magnificently.

I'm resigned to the fact that to be a supporter you have to give up the potential of a good view. I feel it's better to be contributing to the collective voice anyway.

Archived