Canada vs. Germany, August 16th in Edmonton

Sport Shaman

What will the travelling support be like? It's a Saturday so most people can probably get away if they are so inclined. We have lots of seats available in Commonwealth Stadium to accommodate the crowds.

Supporters section should probably get figured out ASAP. Anyone have a CSA contact that can help with this?

Section N tickets (e.g. Row 7) were provided to volunteers at the event. Don't think it'd be a problem asking those folks to move up/over/nearby, but just so you know they are more-or-less taken.

Don't think CSA can assist w/ tickets directly as they are under LOC control. PM me if you want the local venue ticket manager info, or send me some instructions/requests to pass along.

At $14 (+$5.25 fee) and on 3 days notice, don't expect a Voyageurs discount. If you're not buying 4 tickets, PM me for a discount code that allows a very limited number of individual tickets the same discount.

Section N tickets (e.g. Row 7) were provided to volunteers at the event. Don't think it'd be a problem asking those folks to move up/over/nearby, but just so you know they are more-or-less taken.

Don't think CSA can assist w/ tickets directly as they are under LOC control. PM me if you want the local venue ticket manager info, or send me some instructions/requests to pass along.

At $14 (+$5.25 fee) and on 3 days notice, don't expect a Voyageurs discount. If you're not buying 4 tickets, PM me for a discount code that allows a very limited number of individual tickets the same discount.

Thanks for the response. At this stage, the pricing and/or any discounts are the secondary priority for me. What I think is of primary importance is finding a section where we can stand, chant, sing, drum and wave flags all game long without being told to sit down and shut up. A PM is on the way to you.

I am all fired up for this.

How about section N for the supporters section?

I am seeing about 30 seats more or less together at the bottom of Section N that looks promising. However, my concern is more about the people in the rows above that who may not have expected supporters standing and waving flags in front of them. I have sent a PM to Canadian Traveller and will follow up on this; stay tuned.

^Thanks for looking into a supporters' section. I'll keep an eye on this space and buy my ticket when it's sorted.  

Canadian Traveller provided me the contact for local venue tickets and I sent an EMail a while ago. Hoping for a prompt reasponse but today is a game day in Edmonton so we will wait and see.

Canadian Traveller provided me the contact for local venue tickets and I sent an EMail a while ago. Hoping for a prompt reasponse but today is a game day in Edmonton so we will wait and see.

Thanks Michael! Won't buy a ticket tikk I know for sure we have a section or not.

Thanks Michael! Won't buy a ticket tikk I know for sure we have a section or not.

Interim update: I just spoke with the venue ticket manager here in Edmonton and explained what we are all about and what we are trying to do. He says the only way that they can "set aside a section" is to have all of the tickets purchased at once on one credit card as a group purchase. I indicated that was not likely to work for us as it is difficult to get an accurate head count and commitments funneled through one point of contact.

We have agreed to leave this with him until tomorrow morning at which time he and I will speak again and we should have an answer with respect to which section we should locate in so that we have peace and harmony with other spectators. Since today is a game day he is very busy and did not have a lot of time to talk.

Just had a very good conversation with a representative from CSA about a designated supporter's section. The biggest challenge, of course, is to find a place to put us where there aren't already seats sold in the section that we might block the view from. So, the good news is that we now have our own section that has no other tickets sold but in order to accomplish this our seats will be located in the lower rows of Section CC which is in the Southwest corner next to Section A. This is also the quadrant of the pitch where the Canadian player bench will be so that our efforts will hopefully have the intended effect on the team.

In order to facilitate the ticket distribution, I will be receiving a bulk allocation of tickets and any Voyageurs who want to be in the section should PM me in order to arrange picking them up. While the section may not have a premium priced view, the CSA is showing us some love by making sure that they are a fantastic deal for us. Apparently the positive effect of the Voyageurs sections on the ladies team in Toronto and Montreal was duly noted and appreciated. Any questions or arrangements to pick up tickets should be done by PM to me.     

Just had a very good conversation with a representative from CSA about a designated supporter's section. The biggest challenge, of course, is to find a place to put us where there aren't already seats sold in the section that we might block the view from. So, the good news is that we now have our own section that has no other tickets sold but in order to accomplish this our seats will be located in the lower rows of Section CC which is in the Southwest corner next to Section A. This is also the quadrant of the pitch where the Canadian player bench will be so that our efforts will hopefully have the intended effect on the team.

In order to facilitate the ticket distribution, I will be receiving a bulk allocation of tickets and any Voyageurs who want to be in the section should PM me in order to arrange picking them up. While the section may not have a premium priced view, the CSA is showing us some love by making sure that they are a fantastic deal for us. Apparently the positive effect of the Voyageurs sections on the ladies team in Toronto and Montreal was duly noted and appreciated. Any questions or arrangements to pick up tickets should be done by PM to me.     

So to get anything done with the CSA it is always starting again proving having a vibrant supporters section ... helps the team ?

Then and only then do they help ?

Only in Canada...as they say.

So, the question about where will we have the pregame has been asked. My inclination is to suggest that we choose between the Pint @ 109 St & Jasper Ave, Central Social Hall @ 109 St. & Jasper Ave or Sherlock Holmes Pub downtown on Rice Howard Way. Any preferences out there that ranks one above the others?

Let's start at the pint and perhaps finish at Sherlock? That's what we did for the WCQ vs. Mexico back in '08, it'd be nostalgic for me. Also, I know of a few Vs who actually don't have accounts on the forum but were with us in TO &/or MTL. I know they'll be coming too. Once I get a head count for them I'll DM you again Mike.

Let's start at the pint and perhaps finish at Sherlock? That's what we did for the WCQ vs. Mexico back in '08, it'd be nostalgic for me. Also, I know of a few Vs who actually don't have accounts on the forum but were with us in TO &/or MTL. I know they'll be coming too. Once I get a head count for them I'll DM you again Mike.

Good call on that. Pregame will be at The Pint located at  10125 109 Street and we can take the LRT from there to the stadium since your game ticket gets you free transit. Having the post game at Sherlock's is an excellent suggestion and keeps alive that tradition. It is also easily accessible by LRT.

Archived