Toronto FC @ Vancouver Whitecaps - May 14th

He must realize he can no longer play any other role than the super-sub. He was invisible in his time on the pitch apart from the one attempt that struck the post. He needs to be more involved in the proceedings if he's ever going to be a starter again, for Canada or Toronto.

I'm just curious how this will play out.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sort of feel a little ripped off as a TFC fan.

The guy appears to be mailing it in pre-World Cup. Meanwhile TFC has been dropping key points the last few weeks.

Jeez. The man had surgery on his foot. Do you actually believe that a player who has surgery was 100% prior and is immediately 100% after?

Jeez. The man had surgery on his foot. Do you actually believe that a player who has surgery was 100% prior and is immediately 100% after?

Don't be an apologist for his poor play.

The injury excuse is bogus. If he was still injured he shouldn't be playing. There is a far greater risk of further injury playing a player who isn't fully healed.

The guy is just loafing until the World Cup.

Bradley's been excellent this year. His 'poor' games in the V. Cup were both wins where he had a goal and two assists in the tie.

It wasn't just in the Voyageur's Cup games.

This was in all matches after his injury (minus the way he played in the final 20 minutes in the first leg against Vancouver).

It wasn't just in the Voyageur's Cup games.

This was in all matches after his injury (minus the way he played in the final 20 minutes in the first leg against Vancouver).

His poor games in the V cup also need to be magnified by the fact that he was up against Teibert (a 21 year old natural winger) and 20 year old Alderson who was playing his first two top level matches in North America (among other youngsters such as Bustos and Froese).  I was talking to a season ticket holder from my work today and they agreed that the commentators were being generous in their praise, if he was truly World Class he would have those guys in his pocket all match not the other way around.

Bradley has been average (not poor, but for him average is poor) in EVERY game since Columbus.  That's a fact and just because the media hasn't pointed it out doesn't make it untrue. IMO Bradley is the best player in MLS so when I see him blend into a match it's a major red flag.

if he was truly World Class he would have those guys in his pocket all match not the other way around.

I don't even know what the definition of World Class, but I doubt people say Michael Bradley and World Class in the same sentence unless they said Michael Bradley did a good job defending against World Class Christiano Ronaldo at the World Cup.  When I'm hearing those two words in the same sentence, it's laughable.

Bradley has been average (not poor, but for him average is poor) in EVERY game since Columbus.  That's a fact and just because the media hasn't pointed it out doesn't make it untrue. IMO Bradley is the best player in MLS so when I see him blend into a match it's a major red flag.

Obviously I agree with you. He hasn't played at a level worthy of being the highest paid player in the league.

As always, the media covering TFC is so limp in its analysis of the team. Plus Larson is just a big American fan boy.

The fanbase is funny too. It likes to pick scapegoats (ie. Henry) but it also likes to pick favourites that can do no wrong (Bradley, Gilberto).

I don't even know what the definition of World Class, but I doubt people say Michael Bradley and World Class in the same sentence unless they said Michael Bradley did a good job defending against World Class Christiano Ronaldo at the World Cup.  When I'm hearing those two words in the same sentence, it's laughable.

Well according to our own Kurt Larson all it took was Bradley playing 2 matches in MLS after a season of him sitting on the bench for Roma for him to call him World Class

Archived