Montreal Impact Playoff Thread

Keano

Probably shortest thread in history of this forum.

In any case a Halloween game between the Walking Dead and the Orange Pumpkins should be SCAAAAAARRRRRRYYYYYYYY.

In all honesty I think Impact have a chance if the skilled veterans are healthy enough to play sharp, crisp keep-away and buildups like earlier in the season. Having Brovsky back could be major if he's fit. It's a tall order though.

I hope that the Impact get the job done, but I am not optimistic. Bernier unlikely to start and I believe Nesta is still out no? MTL have not been playing well, and was second best last game against TFC (of all teams). Houston know how to get it done in the playoffs, but it is one game so we will see what happens.

Yes based on how we finished the season and our overall poor record on the road we can't be overly hopeful for a positive result. On the other hand we did play very well against Houston this year and go into this game as a clear underdog so the pressure is off. Plus for all of our weaknesses we do have one of the league's top strikers and you can never count out a team with a player like that in the lineup.

It's Halloween. The zombie formerly known as Nelson Rivas is healthy. Anything can happen.

Well, if they pay enough attention to DeVaio in marking, then someone will have to decide like today is a good day to score a goal for a change. Marco will still try, and may still score despite the marking (ie. versus Philly), but it seems as though the rest of the team has just lost all ambition to score. Mapp, Arnaud, Felipe, Romero etc. They've all disappeared, but for the odd nice pass or chance.

What I'd give for a Wenger winning goal today - there's a guy who has been snake bit all season long.

this victory has to come from somewhere other than DeVaio I think.

Nice that Brovsky is back too - so let's hope!!! but I agree, I'm not optimistic, especially on set pieces!

Well, if they pay enough attention to DeVaio in marking, then someone will have to decide like today is a good day to score a goal for a change. Marco will still try, and may still score despite the marking (ie. versus Philly), but it seems as though the rest of the team has just lost all ambition to score. Mapp, Arnaud, Felipe, Romero etc. They've all disappeared, but for the odd nice pass or chance.

What I'd give for a Wenger winning goal today - there's a guy who has been snake bit all season long.

this victory has to come from somewhere other than DeVaio I think.

Nice that Brovsky is back too - so let's hope!!! but I agree, I'm not optimistic, especially on set pieces!

Doubt he will be a factor he may be snake bit as you say, but more its he cannot finish and that is going to stay with him a long time if he stays in MLS.

I feel Shaulibaum should take quite a bit of the blame here, in the sense that I have never seen a good reason to use Wenger as a number 10 behind a lone forward over a player like Felipe. Also extremely weird gamble to put Rivas in with 13 months since any kind of game even reserves. On the other hand the lack of experience and calmer heads in Bernier, Nesta and Arnaud was painfully obvious. Ferrari getting injured (and giving up a third goal) after all 3 subs had been used was the nail in the coffin. Tough to watch a douchebag like Ashe run his mouth all night but no excuse for taking the bait like they did in the last few minutes. Again lack of guys like Bernier and Arnaud. It's very difficult to see a knockout round exit for a second year team as the success it is when they were so good for the first half of the season and then so, so very bad thereafter.

Ashe is very lucky to have made it through the match. Should have seen red in the melee, should have had a yellow in the first, should have seen yellow for the dive in the corner flag.

I don't have much time for Arnaud but Bernier was sorely missed. Bernardello was a disaster and Warner was invisible.

Ashe is very lucky to have made it through the match. Should have seen red in the melee, should have had a yellow in the first, should have seen yellow for the dive in the corner flag.

I don't have much time for Arnaud but Bernier was sorely missed. Bernardello was a disaster and Warner was invisible.

Agreed, although I think they could have used Arnaud's work rate maybe.

At least Romero brought new meaning to the expression "I'm gonna kick your ass".

3 goals, 3 red cards and a kick in the ass to end the game. What more can one want from a soccer game? Only surprised the Swiss volcano did not get a red card. Funny that will all his explosiveness he can not get the team to play with much passion. Indiscipline yes but passion no. Romero will probably get some more games suspension but I am hoping he will not be back next season to serve them. One of the many signings this year that did not work out, indeed I don't think we had one good signing all year. We started the season playing well with Marsch's team from the end of last season but did not make the necessary adjustments to keep improving and maintain that form all year. Team needs an overhaul during the off season but I do not have a lot of confidence in Schalibaum and NDS to make the right moves.

Disappointing to say the least.

The Arnaud thing is strange, but we just don't have the reporters to dig into Impact and provide analysis after games. Barker isn't enough.

I didn't see that there should have been red cards at the end. Frustration over time wasting....etc. Although at 3-0, really...is there is a need to kick the ball right there?

My biggest concern is having a revolving door coach policy...which is far too much like TFC for my liking. I liked Marsch and would have preferred keeping him on for a few more years.

Marco is 1 and done...

Archived