Shaun Saiko

James

I think Saiko got a tough break due to injury this go round, but also thought that he was quite overrated by some folks.

His form dropped off noticeably from 2011 to 2012 to 2013. By mid 2013 he was pouting all over the field and was in a feud with his second coach. I haven't watched Saiko this year other than the 20 minutes on Sunday, but he was invisible in those minutes.

Gotta think Saiko is done.

Edited by shermanator

Hopefully the Ottawa Fury or Montreal Impact give him a chance ..

Being a Middlebourgh youth Academy player  should help him

He could be done ... unfortunately

He was available to the Ottawa Fury when he was cut from Edmonton and before signing with San Antonio.

If they didn't take him the first time, will they take a chance now? If they don't right the fall season ship quickly, they may be looking at changes anyway. He may benefit. I imagine there's less demand or competition to sign him now.

I promise you Saiko is good. Even when he was "moping" around the field with a defensively-minded coach who didn't like him, Saiko had the most impressive shooting numbers on the 2013 FC Edmonton. His performances the earlier seasons were more than merely "good". I promise you. Saiko is a baller.

• 5 years later...