I'm actually surprised that this section of the board doesn't appear to be as active right now as I expected. I thought there'd be lots of talk seeing as though the final starts tomorrow. I just had a question i'm SURE one of you guys knows the answer to but I couldn't seem to track down.

Last year, TFC played what sounded like a play-in game vs Real Esteli before entering the group stage right? From what I heard the winner of this tourney this season went straight into the group stage. Is this what it sounds like? No extra play-in game?

I'm actually surprised that this section of the board doesn't appear to be as active right now as I expected. I thought there'd be lots of talk seeing as though the final starts tomorrow. I just had a question i'm SURE one of you guys knows the answer to but I couldn't seem to track down.

Last year, TFC played what sounded like a play-in game vs Real Esteli before entering the group stage right? From what I heard the winner of this tourney this season went straight into the group stage. Is this what it sounds like? No extra play-in game?

You are correct.

24 teams are drawn into 8 three team groups. The 8 winners advance to an 8 team knockout tournament.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_CONCACAF_Champions_League

Looking forward to this one and planning to walk up despite my disdain for BC Place. The roof should be open which will be great; I don't expect the match to be, however, as TFC will probably play for a scoreless draw if given the choice.

Could this be where Hassli lows a gasket, given the anger over previous incarnations of the tourney? TFC have a lot of pride at stake and will put up a tough fight. And they will do it while fielding actual Canadians.

Should be fun.

I'm looking forward to this, and as mentioned, the Voyageurs Cup winner goes straight into a 3-team group. Curious to see how TFC responds to a difficult Cup game without Frings (again); afraid it's gonna be another bunker.

And I don't mean to stomp on a first-time poster, but calling it the "Amway Final" is like a kick in the nuts to the people around here.

Archived