IMFC vs. KC

Sam

1-1 Final, thought that Wagner looked really good going forward. He was connecting well with his various strike partners and looked most likely to make something happen throughout the match. Also Kamara came up with some decent tackles at the back.

1-1 Final, thought that Wagner looked really good going forward. He was connecting well with his various strike partners and looked most likely to make something happen throughout the match. Also Kamara came up with some decent tackles at the back.

Wagner looked very good, indeed I think he made a very good case that he should have been the number 1 pick. Nice to see Ouimette look pretty decent out there too, I hope he can at least make the team as a backup. Also nice to see Canadian Mozzi Gyorio play well as a sub for KC.

Camara I disagree about. Yes he made some nice plays and tackles at times but two of his tackles were clear penalties although the ref only called one of them. Plus he was the one who fouled Long Tan for the penalty in the previous game. He has some good ball skills but should not be a defender. He made me nervous last year when he was CB as well but was able to get away with a lot of things in NASL. Doesn't look like that will be the case in MLS so he should be played in the defensive mid spot which suits him better. I don't want either he or Thomas to be our starting CB but Thomas was the stronger of the two even if he is less flashy and aggressive. Since it seems like Rivas will be injured at the start of the season I hope it will be Thomas playing with Ferrari not Camara. Thomas seems like a pretty decent guy to have as a backup CB.

[bold]Vermes, whose team will face Vancouver on Wednesday in another Disney Soccer Classic match, singled out second-half sub Mozzi Gyorio, a midfield trialist who most recently played for the NASL’s FC Tampa Bay (now the Tampa Bay Rowdies).

“He brought a pause to us, really slowed the game down,” Vermes said. “I really liked that part of what he gave us.”[/bold]

How do I bold the font on this forum?

I guess a first place team like KC saw something in a Canadian kid that our Canadian teams didn't see. Best of luck to him. He was one of Tampa Bay's best players and by all indications, a really classy young man.

[bold]Vermes, whose team will face Vancouver on Wednesday in another Disney Soccer Classic match, singled out second-half sub Mozzi Gyorio, a midfield trialist who most recently played for the NASL’s FC Tampa Bay (now the Tampa Bay Rowdies).

“He brought a pause to us, really slowed the game down,” Vermes said. “I really liked that part of what he gave us.”[/bold]

How do I bold the font on this forum?

I guess a first place team like KC saw something in a Canadian kid that our Canadian teams didn't see. Best of luck to him. He was one of Tampa Bay's best players and by all indications, a really classy young man.

Shocked that TFC didn't give him a trial considering they apparently tried to sign him last summer.

Shocked that TFC didn't give him a trial considering they apparently tried to sign him last summer.

Thats right...I'd forgotten about that. I don't wanna beat up on TFC because Winter has been using some great young Canadian talent since he arrived. But you can't tell me Vancouver couldn't use him or Surely Montreal! To me, Montreal isn't a whole lot better now than when they finished near the bottom of the NASL last season.

Thats right...I'd forgotten about that. I don't wanna beat up on TFC because Winter has been using some great young Canadian talent since he arrived. But you can't tell me Vancouver couldn't use him or Surely Montreal! To me, Montreal isn't a whole lot better now than when they finished near the bottom of the NASL last season.

Apparently Jeb Brovksy really turned some heads in Vancouver last year, I could see why Marsch would rather have him...

James....

1. I was thinking "who would Gyorio knock out of WFC's wing positions?" but then realized....Nanchoff....but then stopped there. I've never seen Gyorio play but he's highly touted. Makes me wonder who is better - Nguyen? Gyorio? Hmmmmm......I am really hoping he latches on to SKC!

2. Who do you tink he would replace other than Nanchoff and potentially Nguyen? Keep in mind Nguyen has played well in pre-season, the wingers ahead of him are either seasoned or future stars like Teibert, and even a few of the forwards can play wing.....Camilo. Not to mention the club is trying to sign Barbara. Who, apparently, is better than Gyorio.

As much as I want Canadians on Canadian teams.....

@soccerpro: Jeb Brovsky defo turned some heads....but not in the way you'd wish for. I am glad he was taken away from the club, and Klazura is an upgrade for sure.

That being said....I do seriously wonder if Klazura is an upgrade over Wes Knight. Time will tell.

Nanchoff actually had a hell of a game Saturday, plus he's still Generation Adidas, so it's probably for the best Gyorio doesn't have to compete with him.

Remember MLS discovery claims are secret and arcane. It's possible SKC just snuck Gyorio's rights for the year through there.

Are you kidding? Care to elaborate on that buddy?

OK, OK... they are better than a last place NASL team... But too good to make room for a Canadian player like Gyorio? What are Montreal's expectations for the coming season? A last place MLS team?

James....

1. I was thinking "who would Gyorio knock out of WFC's wing positions?" but then realized....Nanchoff....but then stopped there. I've never seen Gyorio play but he's highly touted. Makes me wonder who is better - Nguyen? Gyorio? Hmmmmm......I am really hoping he latches on to SKC!

2. Who do you tink he would replace other than Nanchoff and potentially Nguyen? Keep in mind Nguyen has played well in pre-season, the wingers ahead of him are either seasoned or future stars like Teibert, and even a few of the forwards can play wing.....Camilo. Not to mention the club is trying to sign Barbara. Who, apparently, is better than Gyorio.

As much as I want Canadians on Canadian teams.....

I've seen Gyorio play. He brings a lot to the table. Very confident on the ball. A lot of skill. Killer free kicks. Perhaps he wouldn't displace Nquyen or Nanchoff or even Teibert but how will we ever know unless a last place Canadian team like Vancouver or Montreal take half the chance that the first place team like KC did on a canadian born and bred talent?

Good luck with Barbara, another player who we saw a ton of last season. He started really strong but he wasn't much in the last half of the season in Carolina. He's lazy, slow and at least on the pitch, looks like he has a crap attitude. Most of Carolina had a crap attitude, to be honest. I'd rank Pablo Campos as a more dangerous player, and I think he ended up in San Antonio.

Archived