Hutchinson's knee

Keano

Yes if he were to lose his starting spot because of an international injury... Maybe PSV's cooperation on int'l dates will start to fade..?

I think the injury would have recurred either way as it clearly wasn't properly managed. Nothing out of the ordinary happened in the match he played to make it happen (as I remember). Meaning it just as easily could have happened at PSV and since they are the ones who said he was fit again they have to shoulder most of the blame here. Blaming Canada would be childish.

I think the injury would have recurred either way as it clearly wasn't properly managed. Nothing out of the ordinary happened in the match he played to make it happen (as I remember). Meaning it just as easily could have happened at PSV and since they are the ones who said he was fit again they have to shoulder most of the blame here. Blaming Canada would be childish.

Exactly. PSV played Atiba 90 minutes in a Europa League match before St Lucia so their medical staff clearly signed off on it.

As for losing his spot because of an international injury, it was beginning to look like Atiba would not have a starting spot anyway as PSV reshuffled their midfield in the offseason and Atiba was the odd man out, at least until injuries set in.

We'll have to see how long he's out for, then go from there. Get healthy soon, Atiba.

I have to say the following: since the start this has been dodgy - Canada stayed really quiet on his injury and our media did nothin to suss it out. Now we still have little idea of what happened, how it happened etc etc. Who managed what poorly. Would it have mattered if he had stayed back in holland? what it just a matter of time?

we need more info here.

To look at this in a positive way, as long as he is back for the next round, this may allow us to test various alternatives in his spot and try to find a way to replace him effectively in case he gets injured again. Right now we are terrible whenever he is not playing and do not have anyone even close to being able to perform his role. Hopefully someone who will emerge who can at least be a B version of Atiba.

Totally agree--get healthy for the next round Hutch--we really shouldn't need you at this point for the rest of this one. Getting back into PSV's starting eleven should be his priority until then. That's the level we really need him playing at to lead us against Panama and Honduras. In the meantime anyone else think Bernier might be a good short-term replacement? Nowhere near Hutch's touch and getting older but he is quality and has always been very sound positionally. Knows how to play at a high level. Has always been exceptionally fit. So long as he continues to feature for Lyngby I'd certainly rather see Patrice than Dunfield.

Archived