Fort Lauderdale Strikers vs. FC Edmonton (R)

teamlogo_fortlauderdale_onlight.pngvs.pngteamlogo_edmonton_110pxsq.png

Fort Lauderdale Strikers vs. FC Edmonton

North American Soccer League

Lockhart Stadium, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Kick-off 5:30pm MT / 4:30pm PT / 7:30pm ET

Streaming internet video: FC Edmonton website or FL Strikers' website

Official Edmonton viewing venue:

Sports Central Bar and Grill

9221-34 Avenue, Edmonton, T6E 5T5

fcedmonton_onlinestore_scarf_large.png

My game preview and game day thread at Eighty Six Forever.

As I discussed when looking at FC Edmonton's roster, this level gets a lot of journeymen trying to get back on track at a lower level as well as a lot of unproven kids trying to make the step up. Fort Lauderdale's actually not all that differently-built than FC Edmonton. The team's poached heavily from the Philadelphia Union, and as Marco Velez could tell you from the bench in Puerto Rico, picking up mediocre MLS players from mediocre MLS teams isn't always a recipe for success. I give FC Edmonton a very tentative advantage: they seem to have better technical players in the lineup. Their journeymen looking for a second chance seem better than Fort Lauderdale's, and Edmonton's players are more familiar with each other. On the other hand, Fort Lauderdale has a heavy advantage in North American professional experience and their forwards have proven more than Edmonton's have. I'm changing my mind: advantage to Fort Lauderdale.

Ironically, I won't actually be watching most of this game because I've got family from Edmonton in town.

By the way, those looking for the web stream: check http://www.strikers.com/live first. As of last report, a live stream on the Strikers website was definite, while on the FC Edmonton website it was only a maybe.

YYYEEESSSS!!!

GET IN THERE!:D:D:cool:

any posters from FLS. thanks for a good game.

Love that you got 6402 out to watch. Even the Feed had atmosphere

Quick someone post to the CBC Newsroom,

EDMONTON WIN ON ROAD TRIP! that'll throw a few locals into a loop!;)

Keep doing it, and have a successful season (and hope the Eskimos tank). It'll draw attention to the team during the summer if they're contenders.

I'm having trouble getting on fcedmonton.com. You think their site crashed?

Also, the other games were Tampa 1-0 Gulls and NSC 2-1 Silverbacks.

Puerto Rico up 1-0 in their game so far - start was delayed by ~2 hours due to lightning.

Archived