Fort Lauderdale Strikers vs. FC Edmonton (R)

Congrats to FCE and their fans. I think for the supporters of the 'Big 3', Edmonton is our second favourite team.

Pretty much yeah. Because Edmonton is the only team that hasn't had a real opportunity to piss everyone else off yet! :D

Hope FCE has a successful season and an awful NCC :)

Can't wait til the 27th. Looking forward to having drinks with some of the ESG folks!

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Edmonton+wins+first+ever+NASL+game/4590030/story.html

http://www.edmontonsun.com/sports/columnists/terry_jones/2011/04/10/17937686.html

I don't think TFC is going to easily roll over FC Edmonton the way I though they might before watching the FLS game last night.

I question whether or not TFC will be putting out its A team. If I were a betting man I'd say you'd see a lot of academy kids out for at least the first game.

I'm trying to piece together the starters and subs. Best I could come up with was the starting XI from the FL Strikers twitter feed:

FC Edmonton Starting XI: Baart, Surprenant, Hamilton, Oppong, Rago, Saiko, Yamada, Kooy, Semenets, Lemire, Smith

9 of 11 starters were Canadian. Obviously Antoniuk came on for someone since he scored, and I believe it was Smith. I also read in another thread that Sidra played. I'd like to get some official data so I can keep my Canadian content spreadsheet up to date.

I'm trying to piece together the starters and subs. Best I could come up with was the starting XI from the FL Strikers twitter feed:

FC Edmonton Starting XI: Baart, Surprenant, Hamilton, Oppong, Rago, Saiko, Yamada, Kooy, Semenets, Lemire, Smith

9 of 11 starters were Canadian. Obviously Antoniuk came on for someone since he scored, and I believe it was Smith. I also read in another thread that Sidra played. I'd like to get some official data so I can keep my Canadian content spreadsheet up to date.

http://www.fcedmonton.com/news/2011-04-11/Diary%20From%20the%20Road%20%E2%80%94%20Day%2010

GK —Rein Baart, D — Alex Surprenant (Eddy Sidra), Paul Hamilton, Dominic Oppong, Antonio Rago, M — Shaun Saiko, Chris Kooy, Kyle Yamada, S — Alex Semenets, Conrad Smith (Daniel Antoniuk), Chris Lemire (Sam Lam)

Antoniuk on for Smith in the 63rd.

Lam on for Lemire in the 90th.

Unfortunately, doesn't say when Sidra came on for Suprenant, except it was after the 2nd Edmonton goal was scored.

Congrats FCE!

If FLS can keep-up the 6500 spectators and show there is more interest beyond that the 20th MLS team might just go down there (again) and not New York Cosmos. Though everyone in Big Soccer is talking about how Garber how says 24 teams and this will be (after New York is #20), St. Louis, Atlanta, Florida and.....(I hope Edmonton or Ottawa!).

Archived