De Guzman Chomping at the Bit

JimmyJames

I just hope he fits into the system as effectively as this article portrays - I don't seem to recall him spraying pinpoint passes around the field prior to his layoff. Hopefully we see the best of him in a system that involves short passes to players actively making themselves available.

Not so subtle jab at the last 2 regimes....

“I’ve never had a chance to be a part of an organized [soccer] structure since I’ve been here, and once I am fit I’m looking forward to being a part of this system.”

Is there an eye roll emoticon on this board? If anything Preki's team was TOO organized. Yet, they could still beat Cruz Azul in probably TFC's best game ever.

It was definitely an eyeopener how quickly that last bit was forgotten by some people in a crazy mood swing sort of way. I'd have more respect for JDG if he prefaced the jab at the ancien regime with a comment that acknowledges that his performances have been subpar so far and that he has a lot to prove this season in terms of justifying his DP contract.

Consider that this might have been a misquote.

Here's the quote according to CBC's John Molinaro: “I’ve never had a chance to be a part of an organized [soccer] structure since I’ve been here, and once I am fit I’m looking forward to being a part of this system.”

But here's the quote according to Paul Attfield of the G&M: “I’ve never had a chance to really be a part of such organized, structured football since I got here and once I’m game fit I’m looking forward to actually be a part of this system.”

That's a small but very important difference. Maybe I'm biased, but I'm more inclined to believe the latter quote is more accurate.

Archived