Canadians abroad: March 11-17, 2011

DJT

Ugh...Shame Jacko couldn't have buried one of those chances. He really needs a goal at this point as I think it has been 4 or 5 months without one.

On the bright side, he must be doing a fair few things right at Norwich because he keeps getting minutes amidst what has become an increasing abundance of attacking options for the Canaries.

Tough to see what the future holds for Simeon, if Norwich go up to the Prem, maybe he would be best to find a better fit with another club in the Championship. If they fail to win promotion, maybe that will buy him another kick at the can at this level with them next season.

He continues to be well respected by Hart and Lambert, but he needs to start scoring again.

Lansbury who came on for Jackson scored the winner so that's too bad

Quote from a fan:

"I thought we very good in all parts of the pitch last night. If Simeon had a little more confidence, and more starts in the side to really hit his stride, he'd have scored. Sadly he has neither at the moment and chances to start for him are going to be slim from here on in I feel."

-Hume started and scored the 3rd goal (43 min) for PNE as they are currently up 3-0 to S****horpe at half.

-Edgar on the bench as Burnley are currently tied 1-1 with Coventry in the 70th

-Peters is on the bench as Ipswich are down to Watford 1-0 at half.

Trafford and Bellisomo played 90 and Riley O´Neill played the first half of IFK Mariehamn's 4-0 pounding of MyPA in the Finnish Cup on Tuesday.

(BTW, Chernicki also has played two matches in the Finnish Cup for VPS, a draw in January, and a shutout win in February, but no started matches in March yet. He looks to be set as the back-up for the start of the regular season)

Hutchinson just stopped the ball on his goal line -- with his hand! No call by the ref. Looked inadvertent, but could have been called as his arm was not tight to his body. Still 1-0 PSV with about 30 to go.

PSV got lucky because the ref didn't give again another deserved PK to Rangers, sadly this kind of things change a lot of things in a match. The final result is 1 - 0 for PSV and Hutchinson plays 90 minutes in midfield. Good match for him too.

Pfft, sadly.

If it means another two 90 minute matches for Hutch against some of the best clubs in Europe, excellent.

Whenever PSV has a game I search for "Hutchinson" on twitter and see what the Dutch PSV fans are saying. Quite a number of them seem frustrated with him, but even more have had enough of his fellow midfielder Orlando Engelaar. I think they've just been spoiled from a few years of Ibrahim Afellay and aren't fond of less creative and more workmanlike midfield play. The team is in 1st, and through to the next round of Europa, and have only lost 1 match since Atiba took over the midfield, so it can't all be bad.

Archived