Canadians abroad: March 11-17, 2011

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for March 11-17, 2011.

• If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

• If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

• Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Another match without minutes for Peters (and Edgar). IMO we've got to look at him in the same light as Straith, Edgar, Al-Shaibani, McKenna, and Friend under Hart's "ultimatum" - if you don't play at club level you can't contribute much for the national team.

Another match without minutes for Peters (and Edgar). IMO we've got to look at him in the same light as Straith, Edgar, Al-Shaibani, McKenna, and Friend under Hart's "ultimatum" - if you don't play at club level you can't contribute much for the national team.

I agree but unfortunately we don't have many players as starters at any level at this point! Obviously you would prefer them to be match fit, on the other hand you can look at it and say at least they'll be healthy!

Perhaps you might give McKenna a break on this considering he has been injured for the last month. He has always gotten some minutes with Koeln when available.

That's a good string of results. Looks like we may have the next option in goal.

Since Lars will likely be unavailable for the GC I think we'll have a better idea of what Milan can do in goal this summer. I sure did like what I saw against Greece (apart from the comedy moment afdter the goal), he's clearly a better kicker of the ball than our others keepers.

Perhaps you might give McKenna a break on this considering he has been injured for the last month. He has always gotten some minutes with Koeln when available.

I think the injury issue is becoming more of a concern at this stage of his career. Apart from the freakish flu, how many other games was he unavailable for this season due to injury?

Switzerland

St. Gallen 0 - 2 Young Boys, Imhof plays 90 minutes in the loss.

Portugal

Belenenses 0 - 0 Santa Clara (Pacheco)

Netherlands

Nijmegen 2 - 2 PSV, Tiba played 90 minutes as PSV only manage a draw.

Romania

FC Timisoara (Ricketts) 4 - 0 U. Craiova, Tosaint starts on the bench.

Denmark

2nd half

Silkeborg IF 2 : 1 AC Horsens (Nakajima-Farran) - Issey played 61 minutes.

End of the first half 2-0 Timisoara

Problem with Ricketts I think is that he hasn't quite developed that first touch. That's the feeling I've gotten from him, because he has a nose for the ball...he's always on the end of it when it's crossed over from what I've seen of his play at the club level.

Hopefully the training sessions in a more technical league like Romania will help him develop some more. Because I see him being a big player for the CMNT if he can break into the first XI at Timisoara (for the non-Romanian speakers here, i've discovered this name is said: Team-E-Shore-Ah from a Romanian friend).

Jordan Santiago apparently missed a wonder-chance to start in Cardiff's 2-2 draw with Barnsley in the Championship with both keepers ahead of him out, but he too has a slight knock at the moment. They ended up bringing two keepers in on emergency loan, and Derby's Stephen Bywater ended up getting the start. Tough luck.

Martin John was nowhere to be seen, of course.

Archived