What Might 2011 WCQ Dates Look Like?

Tuscan

I'm hoping to get a good idea of what the dates for our three WCQ matches this fall are going to look like so I can work out my holiday time from work. Also, I run an adult outdoor soccer tourney mid September that hopefully won't conflict with any of the dates, but if it does I'll have to make arrangements with some of the guys on my team about covering all the work during its weekend. Anyone have any idea what the dates might look like for September matches?

I'm hoping to get a good idea of what the dates for our three WCQ matches this fall are going to look like so I can work out my holiday time from work. Also, I run an adult outdoor soccer tourney mid September that hopefully won't conflict with any of the dates, but if it does I'll have to make arrangements with some of the guys on my team about covering all the work during its weekend. Anyone have any idea what the dates might look like for September matches?

I'm guessing any WCQ match will have to be early September as that's usually when the international break is. Our last September WCQs were on the 6th and 10th

Judging by the FIFA calendar I'd guess these would be the first 6 dates for round 1:

September 3

September 6 or 7

October 8

October 11 or 12

November 12

November 14 or 15

Maybe August 10 which is a friendly date, but CONCACAF have had qualifiers on friendly dates in the past (not a weekend off, just a midweek international)

Judging by the FIFA calendar I'd guess these would be the first 6 dates for round 1:

September 3

September 6 or 7

October 8

October 11 or 12

November 12

November 14 or 15

Maybe August 10 which is a friendly date, but CONCACAF have had qualifiers on friendly dates in the past (not a weekend off, just a midweek international)

I think they'll have to use that August date too because we probably need to play six WCQ matches (home and away vs. 3 opponents).

My guess which is as good as anyones at this point:

August 10th, Sept 3 and 7th, October 8th and 12th, November 15th

We don't need to use that August 10th but it would definitely be preferred over a 2 day break between November 12th and 15th

If the 4 spots rumour is true then it could push the dates back a bit because there will be an extra 4 available dates at the end of 2013 (no need for a crossover playoff and subsequent intercontinental playoff). Either that or the dates will be spread thinner. I think this would really help us in terms of dealing with fatigue and travel. There certainly won't be any more games on those midweek friendly dates like we saw in the past (Guatemala 2004 and Jamaica 2008).

Glad they are clustered in early September. I hope we get those two dates as home dates, it would make the travel that much more worthwhile. If they split things between all four months, I might only be able to make one game. What are the odds we'd get both September dates (3rd & 7th) as home dates?

Glad they are clustered in early September. I hope we get those two dates as home dates, it would make the travel that much more worthwhile. If they split things between all four months, I might only be able to make one game. What are the odds we'd get both September dates (3rd & 7th) as home dates?

Possible but unlikely. During WCQ 2010 there were 4 sets of two dates, 2 in the 3rd round and 2 in the 4th round. From what I remember I think Mexico and Jamaica were the only teams with 2 game homestands in the 3rd round and I don't think there were any in the 4th round.

Mind you with the new format this could all change.

Archived