Drunken Flag Painting Festival for upcoming Canada games (need designs) - Aug 28th

Admin

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone opposed to a series of flags with red on white and white on red patters? V's ect?

Simple, lots of visual impact in the stadium.

Going for quantity here

I like this idea. As if most people being in red wasn't enough to have us be noticed in the crowd, but having some sort of small and very simple signal that many people has on hand would be great. Combine that with the Voyageurs t-shirt and now your talking.

How about just columns that can change from game to game (W | L | D | GF | GA)?

Maybe use these V flag ideas to attach to the main banner for each V (victory) we achieve along the way? Basically same philosophy as the K at ball games for every strikeout, but we attach a V flag for each victory until the banner ultimately has a whole bunch of them. Ties the two ideas into one theme as well.

I do like the V flag idea for the record.

V works for me too. A bunch of small/medium flags sounds good.

Designs, designs, designs.

I suggest 5' x 7' flags. They aren't too wieldy and are a perfect size for the 'multitude of flags' idea.

1.5" PVC is $5 for 10' length.

Could easily bang a bunch of these off in a few hours with enough peeps.

KD.

V Flags.

We start with V's with space along the bottom for Voyageurs

We do the V's and as many Voyageurs as possible or they can be added in the future. Either way we get V and lots of them.

44" x 66" 2:3 ratio

60" flag pole, enough space for two hands, this could change. Could longer if we get cheaper poles.

Total cost approx $7.50 per flag..... so $10 bux a flag.

I am going to start by contributing twenty.

*** Does a flag with V on it have any bad connotations, duplicate meaning, already done ect....

No chance to do it for this round of friendlies, but the 2014 Brazil banner gave me an idea: rip off the old movie poster for Brazil.

I imagine something like 'we're going to Brazil' above the guy's head exploding.

poster.jpg

I don't know if it's feasible.

cheers,

matthew

I tried simplifying the Voyageurs logo, it really doesn't look verygood without the faded ball and text. It becomes an air canada flag.

Going back to trying to come with a decent looking stylized V. I want people to ask us what it means.

hartofgold.jpg

If we're going to use Hart of Gold we might as well put Stephen's face on Neil Young.

On another note, are we going to make use of any of the Hart Foundation ideas that floated around a few months back? I'd love to see Stephen's face put on Brett The Hitman Hart's body, in full pink and black outfit, maybe with someone else put on tagteam partner Lenhart's body as well. Or at least, is there a way we could modify the Hart Foundation's heart logo to be more Voyageurs-esque?

This is for Montreal specifically, but let's take the bastards' flag, change it to red instead of blue, and change the stars to Maple Leaves. Or we could just burn one during the game, that oughta send a message...

I personally would choose a kind of round shaped V instead of a square-shaped one... unfortunately, as hard as I may try, I suck at photoshop so everything I make is ugly.

Yeah, that would be nice.

That is there purely for the simplicity of painting it.

I just don't think it matters all that much for the small flags. Just red and white blank ones might be enough.

They will be waving around....

If we're going to use Hart of Gold we might as well put Stephen's face on Neil Young.

On another note, are we going to make use of any of the Hart Foundation ideas that floated around a few months back? I'd love to see Stephen's face put on Brett The Hitman Hart's body, in full pink and black outfit,...

stephenhartfoundation.jpg

I am not crazy about the idea of Hart flags. He is not some long serving coach who has brought us to great success and who we all love. At the moment I like some of what he has done and am willing to give him time but the results so far have been mediocre. If he brings us success and becomes a legend I think that is the time to start showing flags/banners of Hart. Likewise I don't think any of the players deserve special flags, no one has been a consistent top performer. Until Hart proves himself and some players start to dominate on a consistent basis, I think we should stick to flags with the Voyageurs logo, Maple Leafs and red and white colours.

I am not crazy about the idea of Hart flags. He is not some long serving coach who has brought us to great success and who we all love. At the moment I like some of what he has done and am willing to give him time but the results so far have been mediocre. If he brings us success and becomes a legend I think that is the time to start showing flags/banners of Hart. Likewise I don't think any of the players deserve special flags, no one has been a consistent top performer. Until Hart proves himself and some players start to dominate on a consistent basis, I think we should stick to flags with the Voyageurs logo, Maple Leafs and red and white colours.

This makes perfect sense, Grizz, and I'm inclined to agree. There is, however, something to be said for building up recognizable figures in Canadian soccer. There will be plenty of fans in attendance who don't know the Voyageurs and don't know anything about the Canadian team. If they had names and faces to latch onto -- be they players or the coach -- I think it might make them more inclined to take a more active interest in the team.

That's why, for instance, I take every chance I can to talk up Simeon Jackson. Sure, he hasn't done much for the nats yet, but if we're to draw in new people to the Vs, it helps if they have an "in" -- be it Jackson, Hart or whoever else.

(Then again, winning would probably do the trick too...)

I've been thinking that it may be a cool idea to dedicate one of our banners maybe Mission 2014 towards garnering signatures and messages of support from both Voyageurs and other Canada supporters at the match. Give people a chance to scribble their signature, or a brief message with a Sharpie and have a piece that travels with us showing and carrying the support of all the Canada fans.

Benefits could be it's a banner with some significant emotional meaning behind it. It shows the players and media the people who are dedicated to the cause, and that there actually is a strong and loyal following of people who care to see Canada at the World Cup.

It also gives us the chance to interact more with non-Voyageurs Canada supporters and create more dialogue in the stadium, before and after the match. It could really be a neat piece to look at in a few years time after its coverd in hundreds or thousands of messages and signatures and makes the trip down to Brazil after the mission is complete.

Archived