Drunken Flag Painting Festival for upcoming Canada games (need designs) - Aug 28th

Admin

Flag Painting Saturday Aug 28th beginning sometime after you wake up.

In both my apartment and most likely King Dave's if his wife doesn't stab him.

LCBO across the street. Close to Queen and Brock will PM location.

Need a simple design(s) that is easy to rough in and paint.

Suggestions for designs would be appreciated.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
King Dave's place is confirmed.

We will have two apartments (large open loft spaces) dedicated to making 'stuff'.

I would like to rough stuff in during the week so we are painting on the Saturday.

Ideas... ?

I think it may be cool to create a banner or something welcoming any new higher profile additions to the team, such as potentially Hoilett or Bunbury.

I think it may be cool to create a banner or something welcoming any new higher profile additions to the team, such as potentially Hoilett or Bunbury.

Interesting... but a butt load of work for a one off.

If they had two letter names it would be great, but "Welcome Ho!" might not go over well.

What kinda budget/$$ we want to throw into this.

I have access to a great fabric store and hardware store for paints and supplies.

For about $100 we could do up a 15' x 30' overhead on white/red fabric with simple text/imagery.

Designs are what are needed.

Some kinda variation on the flag/maple leaf, etc. would be great.

KD is on it!

KD.

Basically a big Canadian flag 20' x 30'.

But no maple leaf in the centre.

The text would read ALLEZ LES ROUGES on 2 lines in this font,

http://www.dafont.com/font.php?file=ambulance_shotgun&page=1&nb_ppp_old=10&text=allez+les+rouges&nb_ppp=10&psize=l&classt=alpha

With a red maple leaf, on white text where the first aid logo is on the A, R and O.

ALLEZ LES on one line and ROUGES on the second line.

KD.

Is there anyone, coach included with this group who has done anything to warrant such a thing?

I am thinking flags of a reasonable size and a bunch of them, that can be shipped around the country easily to other games.

Threw this idea out on U-Sector, wondering what everyone here thinks. A simple message like "Mission 2014 begins now" or something like that, reinforcing the message that every National Team match is a step in the process toward qualifying for Brazil 2014.

Threw this idea out on U-Sector, wondering what everyone here thinks. A simple message like "Mission 2014 begins now" or something like that, reinforcing the message that every National Team match is a step in the process toward qualifying for Brazil 2014.

Yup. Going to talk to King Dave about it tonight.

lol! How about just 2014 Mission with a large space. We can add the accomplished later. Ad a letter with each win in qualifying.

I think Mission: 2014 or Mission: Brazil is a good idea. (I wouldn't reverse it to 2014 Mission, doesn't scan as well)

(Of course, that second one depends on the games actually happening in Brazil :P)

edited to add, you can always have secondary banners to tack on to the end. Toronto's game could be "begins now" and Montreal's game could be "step 2" or "game 2" or the like.

I think Mission: 2014 or Mission: Brazil is a good idea. (I wouldn't reverse it to 2014 Mission, doesn't scan as well)

(Of course, that second one depends on the games actually happening in Brazil :P)

edited to add, you can always have secondary banners to tack on to the end. Toronto's game could be "begins now" and Montreal's game could be "step 2" or "game 2" or the like.

lol I was just kidding

bush-mission.jpg

Making space in my place today and getting fabric to start roughing stuff in.

KD has a projector ect.. for

Still need a simple flag design. I want flags to visually set us apart in the stadium and give people something to do at times to get them involved.

Ok lets to the mission one + flags.

What is it exactly going to be?

Mission 2014 or Mission Brazil

I'll take 2014 over brazil lest idiots confuse our intention is to be like Brazil.

I'd go with Mission 2014. I can see some potential confusion with naming other countries on our banners that may unintentionally be detrimental.

By the way, I love the idea of a dynamic banner. One that changes each game, or each win to show the mission towards the accomplishment. Maybe something symbolizing the countries we've beaten along the way. I envision something along the lines of the "K" signs that they put up at ball games for strikeouts, or whatever they'd paint on fighter planes to show their kills.

Watching the TFC game at the Twisted Kilt at 8.

Home around 11/11:30 tonight.

Tomorrow night is better J. Home around 10.

KD.

Oh, I am just making space that's all.

Getting ready for what will probably be a lot of people on Saturday.

Archived