Julian Uccello Interview

powerof11

In this interview, Julian and Red Nation discuss his experiences playing at various levels in Italy, his goal of becoming the first Canadian to play in a Serie A match, his current club Crotone, his experiences playing with the AC Milan youth setup and his aspirations at the International level.

Article and Podcast:

http://www.rednationonline.ca/Julian_Uccello_aug_10_10_feature.shtml

It should be noted that Serie B doesn't break for International dates and Crotone has a match scheduled for September 4.

Im not quite sure what the message your trying to get here.? good thing, bad thing, or nothing can you clarify for im bad.,

Im not quite sure what the message your trying to get here.? good thing, bad thing, or nothing can you clarify for im bad.,

Well, I guess narduch is trying to say that a call to Julian for the MNT games on September 4 and 7 would make it tough on him since his club has a game on Sept. 4.

It's the same situation plenty of MLS players meet everytime there's an international date and their country is playing.

Just noting that there is a conflict on that date.

I have no idea how it will be handled by Hart, Julian and his club.

I was hoping to see Julian Uccello play against Peru but I'm not sure if that will happen now.

oh I see.

So let me understand and maybe you can help me here. im bad at these things.

Does it cost money for MNT to make offical request to a club of a player they want? Even thou they have a game.

Does MNT oraganization call the club first to discuss their intention if a call was made, to determine the club use of the player during a specific game , if the player is available for a call up, example a Club is healthy, and the players obilgation to the club is not required and can therfore go even thou there is a specfic game..

I'm just wondering if its good for Uccello's development if he misses a club match early in the season while he's still trying to impress the management at Crotone.

The Canadian National team fan in me is selfish and hopes he plays both matches for Canada. But I don't want it to hurt his progress at Crotone.

Does that make sense to you?

I'm just wondering if its good for Uccello's development if he misses a club match early in the season while he's still trying to impress the management at Crotone.

The Canadian National team fan in me is selfish and hopes he plays both matches for Canada. But I don't want it to hurt his progress at Crotone.

Does that make sense to you?

Well his progress will not hurt him at all. He will do very well regardless of the Call up. but my question can a MNT of any association, call the club and discuss their intention of a player for the given game to see the clubs position on letting a player go and does it cost money, to an organization to do something prior to a call up other then a phone call.

or is ther rules on fifa that a MNT cannot do such a thing

Well his progress will not hurt him at all. He will do very well regardless of the Call up. but my question can a MNT of any association, call the club and discuss their intention of a player for the given game to see the clubs position on letting a player go and does it cost money, to an organization to do something prior to a call up other then a phone call.

or is ther rules on fifa that a MNT cannot do such a thing

Over the years I've read quite a number of stories of the MNT coach talking with a club to inquire about a player availability for an international game. So, yes it's possible and I would think it happens all the time.

Technically, the MNT could force a club to release a player for an international on a FIFA date but practically you won't see that for a friendly.

Over the years I've read quite a number of stories of the MNT coach talking with a club to inquire about a player availability for an international game. So, yes it's possible and I would think it happens all the time.

Technically, the MNT could force a club to release a player for an international on a FIFA date but practically you won't see that for a friendly.

I am more lost for words, but yet we lack opportunties for players to be seen in Friendlies, where in Serie b does not have FIFA dates set aside and always conflict mostlikely like the MLS sooner or later if it was done you run in the same position. A early season is better off I would think a club is more relaxed to send off players. In this case a home, home just maybe a player can excused without cause and comfortable for both coaches and club to discuss first.

i will end this conversation here as it bias for me and really at the end of the day I truly talking for all players in this circumstance not just littlebird.

Well we've had issues before with club doctors claiming that the player is unfit or something. In general it is best to stay on the club's good side since ultimately the player does most of the skill development there.

If he is not 'released'/called up for the September matches, I would be very dissapointed not to see him in Ukraine since the travel time and time away from the club would be much shorter.

Julian needs to get some matches with Crotone first, Im sure we will all be watching I think Serie B is a good level for a MNT depth player and a good stepping stone for Julian to making it to Serie A and becoming a CMNT regular

This is my first post here and I do not want to ruff the feathers of one that is a senior here but I ashamed by your comments above, I first of all want to say congrats to Julian and his hard work it is an inspiring story and I hope you succeed in your progress of Serie A.

Keegan you mention that he needs to get some matches in with Crotone. In his interview he stated that he could have played up many times choosing to play down instead of the limelight of bigger clubs and watching from the bench. that in self for me means he was ready ages ago to play at a higher level

you further mention "I’m sure we will all be watching I think Serie B is a good level for a CMNT depth player" If I'm not mistake CMNT in the last if I recall correctly they had players I never heard of and did not have club team attachments and do not even play at his level. but yet you want watch him for what to watch him score goals with Crotone, and then he can be a depth player of a MNT. Especially when Canada can't buy a goal in any matches I have seen.

Then you go on saying the it’s a stepping stone for Julian Uccello to make Serie A and then become a regular on a CMNT. As the interviewer mentioned he is now one of the highest Canadians playing in Europe and you want to compare him to some MLS players that have done nothing for this team.

Iamcanadian but also I am ashamed to hear this nonsense. This kid is ready now and its sound like it, specially confident, and focused specially when he said that he will break Dale Mitchel scoring record to me that is what Canada needs not puppets.

This is my first post here and I do not want to ruff the feathers of one that is a senior here but I ashamed by your comments above, I first of all want to say congrats to Julian and his hard work it is an inspiring story and I hope you succeed in your progress of Serie A.

Keegan you mention that he needs to get some matches in with Crotone. In his interview he stated that he could have played up many times choosing to play down instead of the limelight of bigger clubs and watching from the bench. that in self for me means he was ready ages ago to play at a higher level

you further mention "I’m sure we will all be watching I think Serie B is a good level for a CMNT depth player" If I'm not mistake CMNT in the last if I recall correctly they had players I never heard of and did not have club team attachments and do not even play at his level. but yet you want watch him for what to watch him score goals with Crotone, and then he can be a depth player of a MNT. Especially when Canada can't buy a goal in any matches I have seen.

Then you go on saying the it’s a stepping stone for Julian Uccello to make Serie A and then become a regular on a CMNT. As the interviewer mentioned he is now one of the highest Canadians playing in Europe and you want to compare him to some MLS players that have done nothing for this team.

Iamcanadian but also I am ashamed to hear this nonsense. This kid is ready now and its sound like it, specially confident, and focused specially when he said that he will break Dale Mitchel scoring record to me that is what Canada needs not puppets.

You seem very offended; I would assume you were Julian's dad had he not had an account here for some time haha ;).

Anyway, my take on Uccello is he has done enough to get a call to the CMNT. Jackson, Hume and Friend play in second division England and Germany, Uccello is on their level as well right now. For Uccello to become a regular with the CMNT is simple, score goals. I love Uccello’s attitude and I hope he succeeds in making Serie A. Julian making it this far is a testament to his own determination and the support he receives from friends and family, he has all the attributes to do well for club and country.

But let’s take a wait and see approach to any new player, right now I consider Uccello a CMNT depth player until he gets his shot and takes the bull by the horns or doesn’t.

I don't know about that.. Is Julian Uccello better than Bunbury or Haber? No and those two don't even have senior caps yet then you have strikers like Hume, Gerba, Friend, Jackson, Occean

I don't know about that.. Is Julian Uccello better than Bunbury or Haber? No and those two don't even have senior caps yet then you have strikers like Hume, Gerba, Friend, Jackson, Occean

How do you know Uncello is not better than Haber or Bunbury? Uncello has taken a route that very few of us know anything about and largely out of our sight. There has been a stated path identified by his Dad on this site, a path that does indeed seem common in Italy, and Uncello has been progressing upward. Jackson has only now reached the level that Uncello has also only now reached also. Frankly, I see no diffence between Jackson and Uncello in terms of their career progression, yet one has some caps and was prominent with the U-20s while Uncello has largely flown under the radar. I've never seen him play, I have no idea of how good he is or how he would fit in with our national team, but I see nothing that puts him behind anyone other than Hume and Friend in terms of club affiliation and level of play.

How do you know Uncello is not better than Haber or Bunbury? Uncello has taken a route that very few of us know anything about and largely out of our sight. There has been a stated path identified by his Dad on this site, a path that does indeed seem common in Italy, and Uncello has been progressing upward. Jackson has only now reached the level that Uncello has also only now reached also. Frankly, I see no diffence between Jackson and Uncello in terms of their career progression, yet one has some caps and was prominent with the U-20s while Uncello has largely flown under the radar. I've never seen him play, I have no idea of how good he is or how he would fit in with our national team, but I see nothing that puts him behind anyone other than Hume and Friend in terms of club affiliation and level of play.

Let me say something, The choice belongs to one person and that person is the one the picks the player, for his MNT team. Surely i am not going to get in the debate as to who is better then who, as you know my basis answer there, but really honestly from the Uccello side of things we beleive there is alot of good talent all with different styles and all good in their ways, it depends on what MNT is interested in simple if he is not invited to this one there be others. I thnak yuou for your comments not to worry, there is no harm done trust me he be playing against TURIN on sept 4in the Juventus Stadium i am so excited either way, for him and I will be there for either situation.

moderator : PS take it elsewhere if you do not mind this is not the intent of the post to discuss selection of players it is Julian Interview

hopefully i have calmed this past posting of stuffs to relax the actually intent. Guys well done I loved it thanks so much in your interest in him. Trust me it will not be forgotten.

Archived