Julian Uccello Interview

powerof11

Give the Kid a shot...he can not be any worse than many players who have played up front for Canada...Historically we have not scored goals...maybe a kid growing up in the Italian system will be better for Canada....tough to say...he need to get called up first and, I may be wrong here, it may be more likely that he gets called up for Canada when we play a friendly in Europe....

moderator : PS take it elsewhere if you do not mind this is not the intent of the post to discuss selection of players it is Julian Interview

Mod:Thanks for the request BigBird but I don't think the question of Julian being called for a MNT game is off topic. It's just normal in that kind of thread to be discussing about the player chances to be selected anbd the pros and cons regarding his current situation.

First of all, great interview boys! I have followed his progress thanks to Big Bird and hope his patience and persistence pays off! I really thought it was a mistake when he wasn't on our U20 team when he was eligible! I don't want to get into who is better than who here but judging by the levels they are playing at and goal scoring rates he surely deserves a look from the MNT! So far Hart has expanded our player pool and I think a call up for Little Bird is imminen!t

I think a lot of you have to stop for a second and really think about what your saying. I coach soccer and seen several players in person and also on tv play. I had the privelige to watch Julian play when he was around 14 and I didnt just look at how many goals he scored or how his touch was, but one thing that really amazed me was watching him without the ball. I've never seen a player at that age allways looking for space and constantly supporting the play. Now really I have no ties with Julian or his father I'm just a coach of the game and a big supporter of Canadian soccer, and want to make an impact soccer in Canada. With that being said I love what Hart is doing by exspanding the player pool giving chances to younger players, but I think its a no brainer to give Julian a look. I keep on hearing players like Jackson, Friend, Haber, etc but think about it what have they really done for Canada. They've been given numerous chances are they doing poorly? NO but there not doing anything good that it would be a loss if they werent there. The bottom line is we have 4 years till the World Cup our Mens National team defenately needs a lot of work. One thing we can do is exspand the player pool give some chances and exsposure to some players who are playing division two or three soccer in Europe and we build from there. We need the right players for Harts system and thats not going to happen over night we need to exsplore the talent pool and try and make playing for this country a hard thing and you need to work hard to be there not just because you play divsion one or because you have 50 caps.

Ps. Uccello fully deserves a call up, and I cant wait for that day.

With that being said I love what Hart is doing by exspanding the player pool giving chances to younger players, but I think its a no brainer to give Julian a look.

I don't think too many people here would argue with that.

However, one thing to keep in mind is the timing. He's done a great job and looks to have earned himself a spot on a Serie B team. That's awesome. Maybe Hart should give him a chance to get settled with the team before making him fly 8 hours across the atlantic for two friendlies. Too often we've heard stories of players losing their spot or finding themselves in the coach's doghouse because they went off to play for Canada (I'm not saying that would be the case here, just that it is a possibility). It's a fine balance of wanting to put the best players out on the pitch for the national team and jeopardizing player's positions on their club teams.

Personally, I would allow Julian some time to cement his place on his club team and then bring him in for the Ukraine game. This is no slight on his ability but more about keeping his club team happy.

I'd like to see Julian called for the September friendlies. I think Hart has been pretty good about looking at players. I doubt Uccello's promotion to Serie B has gone unnoticed by the gaffer.

Speaking of unattached players who get called to Canada, I wonder if Frank would be able to adopt Ali Gerba and teach him how to train. We could have a leathal strike force. :)

I'd like to see Julian called for the September friendlies. I think Hart has been pretty good about looking at players. I doubt Uccello's promotion to Serie B has gone unnoticed by the gaffer.

Speaking of unattached players who get called to Canada, I wonder if Frank would be able to adopt Ali Gerba and teach him how to train. We could have a leathal strike force. :)

finally i get some credit for his younger training i have done with him. Wow i am so excited about your statement lolololol and the answer is No i have aged over so many years because of this I cannot see myself doing it again and beside Gerba is fine and very capable, the two will do great and compliment each other I think the two of them should be awesome once they know each other tactics and moves....i find that two strikers have to be of differnt styles in Italy they look at the choices of whom the pick as playing together very closely based on the defensive squad they are playing, so maybe Gerba has not found the right guy to play next to him but he certainally the humf to get it done whne he wants to...

You seem very offended; I would assume you were Julian's dad had he not had an account here for some time haha ;).

Anyway, my take on Uccello is he has done enough to get a call to the CMNT. Jackson, Hume and Friend play in second division England and Germany, Uccello is on their level as well right now. For Uccello to become a regular with the CMNT is simple, score goals. I love Uccello’s attitude and I hope he succeeds in making Serie A. Julian making it this far is a testament to his own determination and the support he receives from friends and family, he has all the attributes to do well for club and country.

But let’s take a wait and see approach to any new player, right now I consider Uccello a CMNT depth player until he gets his shot and takes the bull by the horns or doesn’t.

I think its a mistake to take a wait and see approach depth is measured by actually see player perform and allow him to have experience on a CMNT you cannot simply neglect his progress and not have this kid invited to any camps so far, when others have had opportuntiy not are not playing at the level he is right now, unattached , and nor on contracts. that all I am saying. taken the bull by its horn is to see what he can do on games not watching...

BigBird, I would tend to agree that Julian has earned a call up for a friendly, if only to measure his progress against other players in the squad. I think that the euro-based friendly in Ukraine would be the best option to minimize the time away from his club and the physical demands of the travel.

As for whether it will be good for Julian to accept the call and take time away from his club, I think it depends on his playing time up to that point, as well as the club's depth at that position. Clearly, if he is starting or the first striker off the bench the team would not want to lose him for even one match. However, if he is not getting regular first team playing time, then a chance to play for the CMNT could looked at positively by the club.

We will all have to wait and see...personally I would love to see him come to Toronto for the Peru match, but on the other hand I would hate for him to travel all this way to sit on the bench!

BigBird, I would tend to agree that Julian has earned a call up for a friendly, if only to measure his progress against other players in the squad. I think that the euro-based friendly in Ukraine would be the best option to minimize the time away from his club and the physical demands of the travel.

As for whether it will be good for Julian to accept the call and take time away from his club, I think it depends on his playing time up to that point, as well as the club's depth at that position. Clearly, if he is starting or the first striker off the bench the team would not want to lose him for even one match. However, if he is not getting regular first team playing time, then a chance to play for the CMNT could looked at positively by the club.

We will all have to wait and see...personally I would love to see him come to Toronto for the Peru match, but on the other hand I would hate for him to travel all this way to sit on the bench!

For me as bigbird I would love to have him here in front of a home crowd, you and many friends, that have not seen him in 8 years, but I am a realistic person and your other part of the message makes sence as well. No matter what from my point of view its all good. He has been in Italy for 8 years a day more or less, a month is not going to change his progress he will be ready when ask> As he said in his own interview "you can be just as good to be a starter, as you are just as good to sit on a bench but when ask to play he will give it hard work and get the job done of what is ask by the coach.

It be nice but thanks for your comments guys and all well wishers too as far as I am canadians comments above let me just clarify MNT has not neglected little bird they have followed up with his progress regularly just so that you know.

I don't think too many people here would argue with that.

However, one thing to keep in mind is the timing. He's done a great job and looks to have earned himself a spot on a Serie B team. That's awesome. Maybe Hart should give him a chance to get settled with the team before making him fly 8 hours across the atlantic for two friendlies. Too often we've heard stories of players losing their spot or finding themselves in the coach's doghouse because they went off to play for Canada (I'm not saying that would be the case here, just that it is a possibility). It's a fine balance of wanting to put the best players out on the pitch for the national team and jeopardizing player's positions on their club teams.

Personally, I would allow Julian some time to cement his place on his club team and then bring him in for the Ukraine game. This is no slight on his ability but more about keeping his club team happy.

Very true...That's why Canada should have some respect towards the players' time ,if they do invite them for something.

I think a lot of you have to stop for a second and really think about what your saying. I coach soccer and seen several players in person and also on tv play. I had the privelige to watch Julian play when he was around 14 and I didnt just look at how many goals he scored or how his touch was, but one thing that really amazed me was watching him without the ball. I've never seen a player at that age allways looking for space and constantly supporting the play. Now really I have no ties with Julian or his father I'm just a coach of the game and a big supporter of Canadian soccer, and want to make an impact soccer in Canada. With that being said I love what Hart is doing by exspanding the player pool giving chances to younger players, but I think its a no brainer to give Julian a look. I keep on hearing players like Jackson, Friend, Haber, etc but think about it what have they really done for Canada. They've been given numerous chances are they doing poorly? NO but there not doing anything good that it would be a loss if they werent there. The bottom line is we have 4 years till the World Cup our Mens National team defenately needs a lot of work. One thing we can do is exspand the player pool give some chances and exsposure to some players who are playing division two or three soccer in Europe and we build from there. We need the right players for Harts system and thats not going to happen over night we need to exsplore the talent pool and try and make playing for this country a hard thing and you need to work hard to be there not just because you play divsion one or because you have 50 caps.

Ps. Uccello fully deserves a call up, and I cant wait for that day.

Good comment.I wouldn't care if you knew them or were related to them as long as you provide true information.Players need someone to speak for them,they are busy doing their thing.

BigBird, any report from Julian on the Italian Cup match yesterday , a 1-0 victory, did he play ?

Yes score is correct nope he did not play nor dress. Not second guess but maybe 4-2-3-1 had something to do with it. It comes with the territory at this level hopefully he get his debut next game.

But who knows

Yes score is correct nope he did not play nor dress. Not second guess but maybe 4-2-3-1 had something to do with it. It comes with the territory at this level hopefully he get his debut next game.

But who knows

How many strikers does Crotone have in their current roster? Where does Julian stand in?

Archived