Alberta Soccer Dispute Continues ON

oc64

Interesting that most of the senior men and women provincial matches are played at the Calgary West center instead of their regular one.

My team from out of town has a game on the same day at both centers. Sounds ridiculous to me.

Wonder if Colin and Jeff has anything to do with that.

Had the same question, the SSC has better facilities than Cal West. They usually need a minimum of 3 full size fields, with the bubble collapse at the SSC it left them with no option other than to switch to Cal West.

Colin and Jeff have nothing to do with the Provincials, this looks like it was the association ED's that had to make that kind of a decision. Not ideal for our team who all live in the SW.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EIYSA - Bylaw Amendment Proposal (2011 ASA AGM).pdf

1867 - The children who play soccer through CMSA and EMSA should not become the next victims of the war... please. And I do worry about this given that there is a proposed amendment put forward by EIYSA (the nature of which remains publicly unknown). I truly hope in the spirit of reform the amendment does not intend to marginalize any group (say, for instance, their District rivals EMSA), but is purely for the reform to governance that we are all seeking.

I think the EIYSA amendments speak for themselves and they are well known to all ASA members. I have attached what was circulated to ASA members here. It looks to me like the EIYSA amendments propose to address some of the other key bylaw provisions that contributed to the mess we found ourselves in in the last 15 months.

The EIYSA folks I know know well the implications of having children be the pawns in these adult games (to wit their U10 program be taken away and cancelled on threat of suspenion, their 7 v 7 program being held up and only permitted on appeal, their playdown to provincials taken away last minute) and I know no EIYSA person that would wish that upon anyone.

Agree with Norma Rae. These are well thought out, and targeted at having the staff take on the operational, removing board micromanagement. Having the board throttle good decisions from standing committees by vote or removing $ was a most frustrating experience.

There was some interesting information on the 2007 EIYSA EMSA dispute put on the reform alberta soccer website recently. I was not involved in soccer at the time of the dispute so much of the info was new to me.

I really liked the part where Mario denied any knowledge that the plan after mediation was to merge EIYA and EMSA into a single new organization. The earlier joint press release including a quote from him seems to indicate he was lying.

1867 - I appreciate where your question is coming from having followed this thread for quite some time, and my comment is not meant to be directed to you as I have noticed the same sort of statements in several posts. I would, however, caution everyone from describing CMSA and EMSA somehow as the culprits in all of this. The vast majority of the membership of CMSA and EMSA are also victims of the individuals who have seized control of these organizations and then tried to seize control of ASA. By suggesting that CMSA and EMSA per se are the villains in all of this suggests that there will be repercussions and consequences levied against these organizations. I truly hope that any reform that is moving forward (thankfully!) in this province is above this. Save the consequences for the individuals who, for their own gains, attempted to use their power of position. The children who play soccer through CMSA and EMSA should not become the next victims of the war... please. And I do worry about this given that there is a proposed amendment put forward by EIYSA (the nature of which remains publicly unknown). I truly hope in the spirit of reform the amendment does not intend to marginalize any group (say, for instance, their District rivals EMSA), but is purely for the reform to governance that we are all seeking.

shield-i agree with you 100% and i know many emsa and cmsa people. I would hope that the many good people involved in these organizations would take some interest in all the factionalism that was perpetrated by a few people who came from their organizations and they would step up to remove these people. We all know who they are so i wont dredge all that up. I am hopefull.

Is there any doubt now why Traficante fought so hard against the ASA membership? He lusts for these trips and perks and apparently from a reliable source is working the FIFA angle hard to try to find a way to get the ASA SGM results cancelled and to step in if the ASA AGM results go awry (for him). If Alberta gets to vote at the CSA AGM (and I can't think of any legal way they can stop it) he knows he is gone and the gravy train will be derailed. Maybe his pal Jack Warner has something lined up for him at CONCACAF?

Nice one! Keep chowin' at the trough....

Check out the previous picture. I just about lost my lunch when I saw a 'Pipe' with the Cdn delegation.

Once again - the end justifies the means. Perhaps Lunn and Harper have more in common with Blatter then you would suspect.

Canada has joined the group of nations lining up to petition Pope Sepp for indulgences. Who cares if corruption is over-looked and democratic values are compromised. At least not where prestige and financial benefits are concerned ....

Having Emailed and talked to some of the politicians, the problem is there is too much information on the ASA and CSA BS for them to take in.

Further and more importantly there is not a big enough voice for them to get involved as they don't feel threaten by the odd shout from someone in the wilderness. If all the ASA Districts got together as a group, get in the news as a group and wrote Gary Lunn and Joyce Murray (shadow MP) with a 1 page issue there might be some interest shown by these politicians. Having spent time with Joyce Murray, I know she is interested but until we are all on the same page with one voice and the numbers it's pretty hard for them to get involved.

The best chance we have is what has happen to ASA reformers that should up and paid the price for all of us, what has happen in the Appeal Courts and might still be going on. Its a hug embarrassment for Sports Canada as they have overlooked the CSA internal process of appeal and discipline being contrary to Canadian law and the CCFR. Further the lack of the CSA transparency in dealing with the WNT is another nail that could be driven into the CSA's coffin as well.

What do the Harper conservatives care really?

Yes, because the Prime minister should focus on the Alberta soccer dispute...

I am sure that your champion of the unemployed, and his party out there would have handled things so much differently. A bit of a stretch Rico

070331layton-jack-quebec2_n.jpg

What would a prospective conservative candidate care about the ASA?

If It don't concern Hockey, it ain't worth worrying about.

For, as we all know, in the Harper Camp If its a european sport that aint Hockey its, probably elitist, Liberal and therefore Un-Canadian!

PS, I'm still an immigrant so my voice don't count.

[ATTACH]333[/ATTACH]

I think the EIYSA amendments speak for themselves and they are well known to all ASA members. I have attached what was circulated to ASA members here. It looks to me like the EIYSA amendments propose to address some of the other key bylaw provisions that contributed to the mess we found ourselves in in the last 15 months.

Norma Rae - Thanks for posting the amendments. (Only now getting a chance to review them). Most of the proposed amendments are logical. I do worry about the proposed amendment to Article 16. This will be a point that EMSA and CMSA will dig their heels in about and, quite frankly, it would also disadvantage EDSA, CUSA and CWSA. Plus, I think there will be a fairly strong argument against this amendment given that fees paid to ASA are based on size. I believe at one point a nation was born based on the concept of no taxation without representation. i.e. If the bigger members (no adolescent humour on that please... no cross references to Presidents of big members either...) paying more of the fees then they should be having a greater say. If you were a shareholder of a publicly traded company you would want your number of shares to represent your input to the board... same thing here. Personally, I don't like the amendment. It disadvantages the larger member units and gives too much power to the members with very low numbers. It is unfortunate it is listed first because the battle over Article 16 could taint the mood and discussion regarding the rest of the proposed amendments which are, hopefully, far less contentious. Perhaps when the meeting starts and the agenda is put forward for approval someone could suggest that the proposed amendment to Article 16 be raised last amongst the EIYSA proposals? I would hate for the other, more sensible, proposals be lost in the ensuing emotion.

What would a prospective conservative candidate care about the ASA?

If It don't concern Hockey, it ain't worth worrying about.

For, as we all know, in the Harper Camp If its a european sport that aint Hockey its, probably elitist, Liberal and therefore Un-Canadian!

PS, I'm still an immigrant so my voice don't count.

Your opinion is as valid as anybody else's, don't let the fact that you are an immigrant hold you back. Almost everybody in Canada is an immigrant or descended from immigrants.

Richard,

You are a true gent and I thank you for your support. However, They still wont let me vote yet.

Crazily enough all the English Born and Educated migrants, who carry UK national passports have to now complete the IELTS test which has completley P#$%#D of the wife, so whether we stay here long term or go back to Oz is open to debate.

Archived