Alberta Soccer Dispute Continues ON

oc64

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That and the audited financials will tell an interesting story.

They sure will

it will be interesting for the new board to suddenly have access to all the information. That will make interference by CSA more difficult. I'm hopeful even the good Dr. isn't stupid enough to try and set aside the results of an open and fair election of officers (with nominees announced in advance so people could give consideration as to their voting) in an attempt to reinstate Mario and gang. That would never stand up under even minimal scrutiny

They sure will

it will be interesting for the new board to suddenly have access to all the information. That will make interference by CSA more difficult. I'm hopeful even the good Dr. isn't stupid enough to try and set aside the results of an open and fair election of officers (with nominees announced in advance so people could give consideration as to their voting) in an attempt to reinstate Mario and gang. That would never stand up under even minimal scrutiny

Could the new board get the legal bill examined to see if they were excessive? $800000 seems like a lot for one year. Were they charging $2.00 a page for photocopying? Sending three articling students to court along with three lawyers? Seems like a lot-espescially considering they lost.

Could the new board get the legal bill examined to see if they were excessive? $800000 seems like a lot for one year. Were they charging $2.00 a page for photocopying? Sending three articling students to court along with three lawyers? Seems like a lot-espescially considering they lost.

Two bucks per page seems reasonable 1867; one for Gowlings, one for Colin :)

StillStorm is dead, Binders R'US have failed....one has to be creative in terms of his revenue sources, right?

Two bucks per page seems reasonable 1867; one for Gowlings, one for Colin :)

StillStorm is dead, Binders R'US have failed....one has to be creative in terms of his revenue sources, right?

Damn-bunders r us was a solid enterprise. Lots of people to prepare binders on. The securitate and kgb would be jealous. I am sure colin is sitting at home wondering what new enterprise he can start. Not sure he will be able to interest too many people in the soccer community to invest anymore...

Another tactic is to blow up ASA by continued interference and forcing further court cases. If they turf the new board or not recognise them then they force the ASA members to go back to court and EMSA and CMSA are lobbying the court to wind up ASA -most think that CSA has told them they will simply recognise this new entity-and then supposedly they can rid themselves of these nasty reform people and retain their friends. Sounds wacky but a few of the old boys out here have bragged that this is just what is going to happen. Seems extreme-espescially given recent events. What was stark was the absolute non-participation of the EMSa and CMSa people at the recent AGM. This can be read in many ways but most of them bode ill.

I would not say that EMSA and CMSA did not participate because they did participate in the election by casting their ballots. They did not object to the election taking place, despite Ray Calvin and Mike T's dire warning.

What was surprising is that EMSA and CMSA did not attempt to put forward any candidates except the one lady who may have made it if she had let her name stand earlier. They are not the types to accept defeat so it makes all the more sense that they have something going on behind the scenes that they believe with make them victors. What is disappointing is their unwillingness to participate openly and democratically.

Given the confirmation that Mario had appealed the SGM to CSA appeals committee and the CSA Board and to FIFA, it is likely he will continue to try to resolve things in his favour that way.

When will his association get tired of the legal bills? Has EMSA been paying their own legal bills? I wonder how much has been spent to date?

1st thing the ASA board should do is ask Traficante to resign from the CSA. Isn't his information mere rumor being that the CSA board and Appeals Committee have said they will not hear Mario's appeal? At the very least a copy of the ASA AGM minutes should be put in from of the CSA and questions asked about who authorized Traficante to speak on that subject and what is really going on......if the guy wants to put his head in the noose finish the job for him.

Further is the CSA is going turn around and hear Mario's appeal the ASA should drop Rule 32 as it seems the CSA could be BS'ing the ASA just like they have over appearance fees and fixed compensation with the WNT for 10 years.

I am surprised that the CSA allowed Traficante to attend the ASA meeting. They still don't get it.

Didn't see much in the way of hostility between the Calgary groups, quite the opposite in fact. Perhaps the absence of Mr. Innes had something to do with it. We'll all have to behave ourselves this year in Alberta with two senior referees on the Board or it's red cards for all!

I hope the new board goes to work and tries to get CMSA engaged. It could be the key to finally achieved peace within ASA. EMSA might be a lost cause until they have their own ground level reform movement.

I would not say that EMSA and CMSA did not participate because they did participate in the election by casting their ballots. They did not object to the election taking place, despite Ray Calvin and Mike T's dire warning.

Was Ray Calvin's warning the same as Mike's warning? Calvin was up for election no matter what. As an appointed board member his position was automatically up.

I do hope that Chris Billings requests his hearing right away. I also hope (for his sake) that the new ASA board appoints a truly independent committee to review the allegations and hold the hearing. Chris needs his name cleared and it won't help if the other side can claim the hearings were tilted in his favor. I think the weak nature of the charges will clear Chris in front of anyone.

Was Ray Calvin's warning the same as Mike's warning? Calvin was up for election no matter what. As an appointed board member his position was automatically up.

It was the same warning, he had obviously been delegated as the messenger but was unable to elaborate on it. It looked like he had not been prepared to answer any questions and had to step aside for Mike to stammer, hem and haw at the microphone.

It was the same warning, he had obviously been delegated as the messenger but was unable to elaborate on it. It looked like he had not been prepared to answer any questions and had to step aside for Mike to stammer, hem and haw at the microphone.

did Mike say if that message was an official message from the CSA? If not, I wonder what they think of his message? Maybe it was just inane ramblings of a delivery driver desperate to hang onto his CSA throne.

did Mike say if that message was an official message from the CSA? If not, I wonder what they think of his message? Maybe it was just inane ramblings of a delivery driver desperate to hang onto his CSA throne.

MT was asked that very question. Naturally had nothing official (in writing) to produce, but was insistent that the message came from Dr. Maestracci. Needless to say he was laughed away from the microphone.

Do you think Maestracci and his backers on the CSA Board have any idea how incredibly inept and stupid they look by supporting those guys or do they simply have no shame or dignity? Either way they have given more than adequate proof of their unsuitability for their positions and need to slip away into the night, never to be heard from again.

MT was asked that very question. Naturally had nothing official (in writing) to produce, but was insistent that the message came from Dr. Maestracci. Needless to say he was laughed away from the microphone.

It may have come from the Dr. but that still wouldn't make it official.

Do you think Maestracci and his backers on the CSA Board have any idea how incredibly inept and stupid they look by supporting those guys or do they simply have no shame or dignity? Either way they have given more than adequate proof of their unsuitability for their positions and need to slip away into the night, never to be heard from again.

Maestracci and the gang realizing their own stupidity??? Highly doubtful!

According to a very reliable source, the CSA board is getting pretty fed up with the whole display; CSA Appeals committee refuses to hear the appeal of the CSA board regarding the ASA's April 24, 2010 "renegade board", ...another crushing blow to Maestracci, Traff, and the gang.

A piece of advice to the CSA board; time to grow some balls boys - get on board, or get the hell away!

So what still needs to be done in Alberta? What steps need to be taken to repair the damage of the past year? Does the ASA need to do anything for Margaret Dunlop or Joel Butler that were sort of sacrificed along the way? (hopefully they were offered decent settlements at least)

Here are my thoughts

1. Reach out to CMSA and try to establish a working relationship.

2. Make things right with Salvi. There were a lot of terrible things said about him along the way.

3. A 100% independant committee to review the allegations against Billings and allow him the opportunity to clear his name.

4. Some town hall meetings and/or other forums to allow the membership to have a real voice in the way the ASA is run.

5. Publish all minutes on the ASA website, including all 2010 minutes.

6. Get the kids from the rural provincials some real awards if they never got their medals and trophies.

7. Revisit CSA reform package.

8. Meet with all staff and build trust within the ASA office.

9. Review past Board expenses. Set up better policies for what will be accepted and what won't be. (and what documentation the board members are required to submit)

10. Establish Term limits for Board Members.

So what still needs to be done in Alberta? What steps need to be taken to repair the damage of the past year? Does the ASA need to do anything for Margaret Dunlop or Joel Butler that were sort of sacrificed along the way? (hopefully they were offered decent settlements at least)

Here are my thoughts

1. Reach out to CMSA and try to establish a working relationship.

2. Make things right with Salvi. There were a lot of terrible things said about him along the way.

3. A 100% independant committee to review the allegations against Billings and allow him the opportunity to clear his name.

4. Some town hall meetings and/or other forums to allow the membership to have a real voice in the way the ASA is run.

5. Publish all minutes on the ASA website, including all 2010 minutes.

6. Get the kids from the rural provincials some real awards if they never got their medals and trophies.

7. Revisit CSA reform package.

8. Meet with all staff and build trust within the ASA office.

9. Review past Board expenses. Set up better policies for what will be accepted and what won't be. (and what documentation the board members are required to submit)

10. Establish Term limits for Board Members.

What about getting the supposed Gowlings opinion letter that Mario kept quoting but never showing anyone regarding the supposed legality of the "suspension" of Billings?

What about finding out how much of the Gowlings $800000 bill was to defend the removed board members personally from the slander and wrongful dismissal lawsuit by Cammarata?

The town hall meetings should be the first priority. Lets find out what people would like to see done by "their" organization.

What about getting the supposed Gowlings opinion letter that Mario kept quoting but never showing anyone regarding the supposed legality of the "suspension" of Billings?

What about finding out how much of the Gowlings $800000 bill was to defend the removed board members personally from the slander and wrongful dismissal lawsuit by Cammarata?

The town hall meetings should be the first priority. Lets find out what people would like to see done by "their" organization.

Yes....those are other things I would really like to see. The letter from Gowlings should be available as they were supposedly "representing" the ASA. I would like to know exactly when Colin or Mario contacted Gowlings to get the legal opinion. When was the whole plan initiated?

Yes....those are other things I would really like to see. The letter from Gowlings should be available as they were supposedly "representing" the ASA. I would like to know exactly when Colin or Mario contacted Gowlings to get the legal opinion. When was the whole plan initiated?

Yes-that would be most interesting. My guess is the whole plan took place in the months leading up to the 2010 agm after Mario had lost to billings at the previous AGM. got their ducks in a row with innes and Steen and kept a low profile then moved on it. Funny-I just read Foul by Andrew Jennings and Blatter did exactly the same thing as these guys did with their resignation demands at FIFA with an executive named Kryss. We also see that these same guys have previously run off other Executives with a similar demand. They accuse a decent person of all kinds of vaguely scandalous things (most of which they have done in spades themselves) and then the good person walks away since they are only on the Board for the good of the game. Billings is truly to be commended for standing his ground. imagine where we would be today if Innes, Mario and Kern had got away with it?

Yes-that would be most interesting. My guess is the whole plan took place in the months leading up to the 2010 agm after Mario had lost to billings at the previous AGM. got their ducks in a row with innes and Steen and kept a low profile then moved on it. Funny-I just read Foul by Andrew Jennings and Blatter did exactly the same thing as these guys did with their resignation demands at FIFA with an executive named Kryss. We also see that these same guys have previously run off other Executives with a similar demand. They accuse a decent person of all kinds of vaguely scandalous things (most of which they have done in spades themselves) and then the good person walks away since they are only on the Board for the good of the game. Billings is truly to be commended for standing his ground. imagine where we would be today if Innes, Mario and Kern had got away with it?

I think the book Foul was actually toned down after FIFA tried to prevent it from being published. It's scary to think about what the original version may have said.

Although it has nothing to do with ASA this article is fascinating reading. No wonder it is so hard to get soccer officials to leave their positions. If they keep moving up the ranks they can transform themselves from middle class workers to multi-millionaires.

http://www.iss.co.za/uploads/M169Chap4.pdf

Plus it's much safer than the Mafia or other organized crime syndicates as a career choice. It's hard to resist the urge to shower after reading about this incredibly corrupt organization and the slime that lead it.

Archived