Alberta Soccer Dispute Continues ON

oc64

I agree with what you say Trillium-FIFA should step in to impose fairness and accountability- but in my opinion the CSA executive members-some are active and some are enablers and some may actively oppose them-take their cue from FIFA. They emulate these guys and would like nothing better then to get the bigger envelopes and the junkets and the sideline companies that you see the family members of the Blatters and Warners engaged in. We see this on a smaller scale in Alberta with the Skillstorms and Marios contracting company and son working for Emsa and I am certain that the same will be seen at CSA. The reality is FIFA will condone and encourage these actions. They like to do everything "in house" and the only real punishement would be for not giving them their cut. Does this sound cynical? Any time there is judicial scrutiny of these guys the words fraud and perjury are mentioned by the Judges. This is why they are so quick to shut down and stomp on people going to court.

Absolutely true and it all started the day Havelange took charge of FIFA. The sole purpose of the organization since that day has been to make as much money as possible, which is the purpose of all for-profit corporations. That's why, unlike other sports, FIFA World Cup is not the world championship of the best football nations but instead a championship of regional representatives. And why is that? Simple - generate more interest in the game to make even more money. That's what our sport is really all about at the highest levels, to make as much money as possible for a privileged few. It's got nothing to do with a love of football, it's about pure greed and corruption without rules or constraint. Why else would a doofus like Blatter be running it? Do our esteemed friends at CSA care about the sport - don't make me laugh, it's all about their perks and their own egos. All we can do as "little people" is try our best to do what we can in our own limited spheres to improve the game and it's governance in our own areas and support those who have the wherewithal to effect reform at higher levels.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the things that was talked about in the Andrew Jennings report was FIFA a business. A Swiss official stated they were going to have to look into that as FIFA does earn a lot of money for a NPO.

Personally, I hope the FIFA gets involved and makes this ugly as the Alberta court action will help reform FIFA just like it should with CSA.

btw The Alberta Courts have a judgement listing system and database -

Read ben knight-Mastracci loses his mind.

Maestracci is telling on ASA, and Ben Knight too for the court of appeal decision and it seems he wants to bring down a hoard of locusts and damnation on all CSA for his ill treatment by the Court ruling and those pesky Alberta litigants who keep beating him. This guy needs a laxative and a book on effective board management. He has effectlively painted himself in the corner and stepped on every rake in the yard on this one. Apparently making arbitrary decisions with the dubious advice of the extremely conflicted Mike Traficante and threatening people doesnt always work. Who would have thought? Try chapter two. Meet with people and hear both sides and try to build bridges whilst respecting the law and democracy.

• 2 weeks later...
The AGM has been officially called today for April 16. It's not posted on the ASA website yet but the members have received email notification.

Time to complete the job. No doubt the slate of minions has been chosen by the evil empire and they will be organized and diabolically arrayed for the AGM. Please be organized and steadfast and dont let the evil back in the door. Hopefully no rural presidents are swayed by tier 4 gold medals returned, spots on committees for them or their friends, promises of director at large positions or jobs for friends and families. Get these guys out once and for all and lets start doing some good things again.

I see the ASA has posted the agenda and date for the AGM on the ASA website now. Surprisingly the proposed changes to the amendments that are going to be presented to the membership are not posted, seems strange to me. Could be that they are waiting to see if any more amendments or white papers are forthcoming from the membership.

Well-you could petition your local board to send some money to CASA-EDSA or sunny south who have borne the brunt of the legal fees for the whole province. they got the justice to stop asa from suspending a bunch of districts prior to the sgm-they got this court of appeal ruling which basically says CSA are criminals and upholds the rule of law in canada over oppressive law, they stopped CSA from suspending whole districts prior to the agm-they made ASA hold an SGM and set a time limit on the AGM and they got provincials to go ahead despite mario-colin and kerns efforts to derail them. All of that was opposed tooth and nail by the former ASA with our money. These things cost money.

Very good source confims that the Kid's local board has written a $3,000.00 cheque to EDSA!

It is good to see the local boards stepping in and helping out. I hope everyone remains united at the AGM

i am certain there will be a strong slate of reform minded candidates and people wont soon forget the carnage unleashed on us by the cmsa and emsa clique of thugs.

There are a number of worthy bylaw amendments as well. I am hoping there is strong support for change and renewal at ASA. The fact that current district board members cant sit on the ASA board already ensures change for the better.

The CMSA and EMSA cheques are in the mail for 10 cents each.

I am sure they would love to assist, but are fresh out of $$$. CMSA is yet to release audited financial statements to its membership - it's only been six months since the AGM. Maybe they are unable to to pay the auditor? Being an intervener does not come cheap.

I am sure they would love to assist, but are fresh out of $$$. CMSA is yet to release audited financial statements to its membership - it's only been six months since the AGM. Maybe they are unable to to pay the auditor? Being an intervener does not come cheap.

One wonders if cmsa had the support of the membership when they jumped in bed with emsa? Hopefully future actions will be considered a lot more closely.

Mrs. Steen acted on his own and told people that Colin and Angus Smith motivated him to do so.

Are Colin and Angus still on the CUSA and CSF Board?????

Did anything ever come of the rumour that Colin was trying to get the CWSA kicked out of CSF?

Did anything ever come of the rumour that Colin was trying to get the CWSA kicked out of CSF?

His board forced him to withdraw the motion. Looks like the tabels are turning on Colin; reportedly he has not attended a board meeting since December!

Interesting that most of the senior men and women provincial matches are played at the Calgary West center instead of their regular one.

My team from out of town has a game on the same day at both centers. Sounds ridiculous to me.

Wonder if Colin and Jeff has anything to do with that.

One wonders if cmsa had the support of the membership when they jumped in bed with emsa? Hopefully future actions will be considered a lot more closely.

1867 - I appreciate where your question is coming from having followed this thread for quite some time, and my comment is not meant to be directed to you as I have noticed the same sort of statements in several posts. I would, however, caution everyone from describing CMSA and EMSA somehow as the culprits in all of this. The vast majority of the membership of CMSA and EMSA are also victims of the individuals who have seized control of these organizations and then tried to seize control of ASA. By suggesting that CMSA and EMSA per se are the villains in all of this suggests that there will be repercussions and consequences levied against these organizations. I truly hope that any reform that is moving forward (thankfully!) in this province is above this. Save the consequences for the individuals who, for their own gains, attempted to use their power of position. The children who play soccer through CMSA and EMSA should not become the next victims of the war... please. And I do worry about this given that there is a proposed amendment put forward by EIYSA (the nature of which remains publicly unknown). I truly hope in the spirit of reform the amendment does not intend to marginalize any group (say, for instance, their District rivals EMSA), but is purely for the reform to governance that we are all seeking.

1867 - I appreciate where your question is coming from having followed this thread for quite some time, and my comment is not meant to be directed to you as I have noticed the same sort of statements in several posts. I would, however, caution everyone from describing CMSA and EMSA somehow as the culprits in all of this. The vast majority of the membership of CMSA and EMSA are also victims of the individuals who have seized control of these organizations and then tried to seize control of ASA. By suggesting that CMSA and EMSA per se are the villains in all of this suggests that there will be repercussions and consequences levied against these organizations. I truly hope that any reform that is moving forward (thankfully!) in this province is above this. Save the consequences for the individuals who, for their own gains, attempted to use their power of position. The children who play soccer through CMSA and EMSA should not become the next victims of the war... please. And I do worry about this given that there is a proposed amendment put forward by EIYSA (the nature of which remains publicly unknown). I truly hope in the spirit of reform the amendment does not intend to marginalize any group (say, for instance, their District rivals EMSA), but is purely for the reform to governance that we are all seeking.

+1. Just like at ASA the issues are with a few individuals and not the association members as a whole

Interesting that most of the senior men and women provincial matches are played at the Calgary West center instead of their regular one.

My team from out of town has a game on the same day at both centers. Sounds ridiculous to me.

Wonder if Colin and Jeff has anything to do with that.

Which tier is this... I have not seen any that play at both centers.

http://www.albertasoccer.com/index.php?src=gendocs&ref=SeniorIndoorProvincials&category=Main

The problem is structure.. organisations that just cater to youth players.... end up being dominated by folks with little real soccer knowledge... moms and dads just go alone they want jane and johnny to play and they pay a fee and consume in this case a service of a league.

If you had a Edmonton District Association with all clubs as members with a mandate for the game from u6 to adult you would have a broader range of experience in the game to apply to the political issues that arise as well as the technical ones.... Alberta soccer needs to go to the next level of reform and that is to streamline and get rid of groups like EMSA that are not clubs.. only have clubs in membership with ASA and have Regional ASA offices to teach coaches and referees, and manage regional leagues.

Flatten the pryamid and make it transparent and responsible to clubs in membership.

Then you would not have Mario's taking control from unsuspecting parents.

Archived