Alberta Soccer Dispute Continues ON

oc64

Also, who's left to prepare the financial statements and buget for the AGM?

The judge rules an AGM to be held by April 30.. maybe someone should suggest to Chen & Calvin to have the AGM called as quickly as possible under the bylaws.

Or are we getting ahead of ourselves? Maybe the next step is to seek out a statement from CSA to acknowledge they recognize this meeting and that the results won't be challenged.. but they probably have more backroom dealings to go through, first...

The financial staff prepare the financial statement and budget, the financial director's job is to check and approve. Colin never seemed to have a clue what was even in the statement and budget - at least he never seemed to be able to answer anyone's questions at the AGM's.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To deal about the claims that there were expense abuses there should be detailed focused audit on the expense claim files for 2009 and 2010. This way the air can be cleared about the expense abuse claims. Was there abuse or not? The only way to find out for sure is for a qualified Financial auditor to audit the appropriate records.

The normal financial records audit would not uncover this because my understanding from what happens at my employers is that random samples are taken from different categories and they are looked into in great detail.

I hope that today marks that magical tipping point where the landscape of soccer changes in Canada. Where reform is realized, where blazers are replaced with track suits, where knowledgeable people champion technical development and coaching education instead of a culture where self-important, know-little megalomaniacs belly up to the trough of freebies and expense accounts.

My hat goes off to Tyler Durden and his Reform Alberta Soccer website...Fight Club was the beginning, now it's moved out of the basement, it's called Project Mayhem.

Unless of course there is a real coincidence, Tyler Durden is a pseudonym. That was the name of Brad Pitt's balls to the wall alter-ego to Edward Norton's less flamboyant office worker in 'Fight Club'.

Unless of course there is a real coincidence, Tyler Durden is a pseudonym. That was the name of Brad Pitt's balls to the wall alter-ego to Edward Norton's less flamboyant office worker in 'Fight Club'.

Yeah...I like the pseudonym. Hence my ol' quote from the movie.

Yeah...I like the pseudonym. Hence my ol' quote from the movie.

Right. Seen thanks to 'Tyler' in a few posts so just wanted to EXPLICITLY point out that is a pseudonym. Anyway, this forum section and the reformalbertasoccer website have contributed enormously in getting the evidence out there. The results were spectacular today!

Hey All

I was at the SGM today and a few things happened that I hope are remembered. First and foremost is that almost all of the districts came together in an act of cooperation to oust the current executive. I would hope that they can continue to work together to progress soccer in Alberta. Two - I was sat at the back just a few empty seats over from the CSA reps. It was too funny when Mike (EDSA) stood up following Marios' last speech (defending the appointment of Chen, etc) and Mike as a point of order stated that "Mario is now a member of the general public and shouldn't be permitted to speak". The youngest of the CSA guys (sorry didn't recognize him) turned to his co-horts and said yup the board should now be seated at the back of the room and that they don't have a voice. Finally I chatted with a couple of zone reps and they said that the associations/districts in trouble in the upcoming March 16 CSA meeting must be 'named' individuals and that CSA can NOT suspend an association/district as a whole, as that is the role of the ASA.

Absolutely, 100% true... putting it out there for all to see and be able to access is huge. The members of ASA owe him a debt of gratitude. Many, many thanks to Tyler Durden for being passionate enough about the cause to do this; all on his own nickel and time!

[Applause], [standing O]

Great job,

The work however is far from over. I hope the goal now is to get qualified quality people on the board. ie What skill set do they bring: management Parliamentary, leadership or other professional skill set. We really need these things to move forward.

Thanks to oc64 for starting this thread and to 1867 for providing humour when it was badly needed. The fight is not yet over so don't party too much tonight. I think this is only step one. There will be much to deal with in the coming days and weeks, but if you stand together like you did today, you can overcome anything. Let this be the model for grassroots movements across the country to stand tall against repressive regimes and do what is right for the kids that play this wonderful game. Next on the agenda is CSA.

Excellent new article from Barnes: see http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Soccer+board+members+booted/4146400/story.html

Nice to see the Edmonton media out and all interested in the issue-coverage on Global at 5pm and 6pm this evening--glad their cameras were in the room. Well done, districts! I too must commend "Tyler" and all of you on this forum for providing players, parents and other non-official types with the kind of information and insight needed to really get to the heart of these issues and be able to form an educated opinion. You all have played your parts in this--know that.

A big thank you to everyone. First big kudos to A_Coach_In_Alberta with a prototype web site for getting info out in a cost effective manner. Collecting, organizing and posting all that was a ton of work but probably one of the most effective parts of this. Use that as a template for other reform movements. A site with just the facts and docs.

To all who emailed, mailed, talked to other parents, asked your clubs about who they support, posted, linked, twitted and used their platforms to call out the corrupt liars and point out their gross misrepresentations of the truth thank you very much. Without the constant pressure they would have slimed their way past.

The deposed ones relied on exhausting people to win. They knew they were wrong but they never dreamed that so many would stay focused for so long and outlast them.

So tonight we celebrate and tomorrow we roll up our sleeves and get focused again to make sure the job gets finished.

Cheers to all.

To deal about the claims that there were expense abuses there should be detailed focused audit on the expense claim files for 2009 and 2010. This way the air can be cleared about the expense abuse claims. Was there abuse or not? The only way to find out for sure is for a qualified Financial auditor to audit the appropriate records.

The normal financial records audit would not uncover this because my understanding from what happens at my employers is that random samples are taken from different categories and they are looked into in great detail.

A proper forensic audit may be required.

:(Not out the woods yet.

From the Edmonton Sun.

Quote from DEREK VAN DIEST

________

.....t’s expected the dismissed board members will challenge the validity of the procedure next week by appealing to the Canadian Soccer Association.

There are disputes as to whether some suspended districts or those in bad standing should have been allowed to vote.....

________

http://www.edmontonsun.com/sports/columnists/derek_vandiest/2011/01/22/16990141.html

From the Edmonton Sun.

________

.....t’s expected the dismissed board members will challenge the validity of the procedure next week by appealing to the Canadian Soccer Association.

There are disputes as to whether some suspended districts or those in bad standing should have been allowed to vote.....

________

http://www.edmontonsun.com/sports/columnists/derek_vandiest/2011/01/22/16990141.html

Wow, the CSA has the authority to overturn the decision of an Alberta Judge?

From the Edmonton Sun.

________

________

Quite obvious this guy has been visiting BC most of his life to smoke BC Bud ;-)

Churchill's words about it not being the beginning of the end but the end of the beginning come to mind. You have the other side very much on the back foot now but odds on they are not going to just meekly leave the field until they have exhausted every possible trick in the book.

You are 100% correct BBTB, those of us who have been this man's (Charpentier) victims for the past decade or so know all too well that he doesn't care how many are against him or how wrong he is. He believes that he has an inherent right to make his living off soccer and there are no means fair or foul that he won't use. Just like a cockroach he'll scurry under a cupboard for a while, then begin his next attempt to take over the sport in Alberta. Whether the CSA executive will choose to continue soiling themselves with their relationship with this psycho remains to be seen.

Archived