Alberta Soccer Dispute Continues ON

oc64

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abstained: med. Hat, lethbridge, and CUSA. Votes being tallied. Motion carried. Hayne gone

Chater too scared to come. Motion made to remove her. Seconded.

She had to work. I bet everyone else here had to work, too.

Motion carried to remove Chater.

at the meeting theyre all falling fast and furious i was disappointed at the public showing but it looks like the districts got their crud together that being said lets get some people in that are going to progress soccer in alberta best part of the whole thing was when a long term member spoke details to folllow

17thumper,

NP usually have a Ideminty clause in their By-laws but it doesn't cover them if they have acted in a willful way of neglect or wrong doing. In the ASA by-laws it Article 22 - Indemnity. A good audit and review of the NP documents will usually find out what has gone on and if someone can be held responsible.

17thumper,

NP usually have a Ideminty clause in their By-laws but it doesn't cover them if they have acted in a willful way of neglect or wrong doing. In the ASA by-laws it Article 22 - Indemnity. A good audit and review of the NP documents will usually find out what has gone on and if someone can be held responsible.

Thank you for clearing that up, your insight was helpful.

Anybody got a link to the content of the bylaw amendment?

http://www.reformalbertasoccer.com/library/2010.12.07-DOCASASGMDEC10.pdf?attredirects=0&d=1

A Director of the Association is not permitted to be a Director or Officer of any Active member or Associate member of the ASA. Within 30 days of a person being elected or appointed to the ASA Board, the person must resign from any director or officer position of any Active or Associate member failing which the Director will be terminated from the ASA Board.

Impressive! As we move forward from the darkness of these middle ages of Alberta soccer let's not repeat the mistakes of the past. When the new board is elected at the AGM they will be tasked with the challenge of progressing beyond today's status. I hope all out there who are given the honor of guiding the game forward do so honorably. There can be no retribution towards the districts and associations that naively or unwillingly participated in the Charpentier debacle. The players, coaches and volunteers of those associations should not be held accountable for the actions of the dictators that seized control.

It does, however, behoove everyone to ensure that this does not happen again. Let's keep the momentum up and pressure the EMSA and CMSA membership, from the grass roots, to remove their boards and start anew. Moms, dads, players... get involved and ask your representatives what they plan to do now. I see a similar series of motions at an EMSA SGM, perhaps next week at their planning meeting (ouch... that is going to be one tense place to be). Someone with inside goods, please find the financial statements of EMSA that would pry open the ugliness of MC, IM and co. as surely EMSA monies must have been spent on this debacle. To the EMSA membership, ask the questions... did MC's dual duties ever overlap and at what expense to EMSA? Was EMSA money diverted away from its programs and operating costs to facilitate this atrocity? Will MC now step down, for the good of EMSA, so that EMSA might move forward within the new ASA with a clean sheet and a fresh start?

I believe a famous spider's uncle once said, "With great power comes great responsibility". If the reform movement fails to truly reform (i.e. backlash and retribution creep into the mix) then reform will die here in Alberta. The rest of Canada needs this to succeed... for the love of the game.

Archived