Alberta Soccer Dispute Continues ON

oc64

I noticed that the ousted board are still listed on the ASA Web site, the staff should have removed them by now, didnt they remove the fired staff only a couple of hours after they were fired.

I think the ASA needs to hurry and get a message up on the website about the SGM. The fact that they did not put the SGM notice on the site and their current lack of acknowledgement of the results makes them look foolish.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How low can a person go. Colin tried through text messaging to the CUSA rep during the SGM to overrule the CUSA direction and go along with CMSA.

I hope he kept these text messages and charge Colin under the ASA Code of Ethics rule.

I am so glad CUSA abstained. That is huge, refusing to back your own president. Though it's too bad they haven't got rid of him, I think it's only a matter of time.

How low can a person go. Colin tried through text messaging to the CUSA rep during the SGM to overrule the CUSA direction and go along with CMSA.

I hope he kept these text messages and charge Colin under the ASA Code of Ethics rule.

Disreputable conduct? Grounds for a suspension?

Besides the court reporter the Chairman brought the ASA videotaped the SGM. Is that a usual practices of the ASA?

Chairman -

Okay. So there's a couple --

20 yes, sir. Could you -- and let me just make a point

21 for the court reporter. I should tell you

22 two things: This is being videotaped. I

23 didn't direct that. I just came here with you.

24 That's been directed, I presume, by the ASA. I

25 haven't --

Besides the court reporter the Chairman brought the ASA videotaped the SGM. Is that a usual practices of the ASA?

Chairman -

Okay. So there's a couple --

20 yes, sir. Could you -- and let me just make a point

21 for the court reporter. I should tell you

22 two things: This is being videotaped. I

23 didn't direct that. I just came here with you.

24 That's been directed, I presume, by the ASA. I

25 haven't --

first time ever to the best of my knowledge!

Colins comments:

MR. INNES: It's kind of obvious what's happening. I wanted to just say that one of the legacies I have left behind is a great accounting system, so you can count on that. The last set of financial statements by our auditors said it was the best they've ever seen, so you have that, and then you have some great accounting staff to look after you on an ongoing basis, some -- a great team there, as well as a great staff. So thank you for the opportunity to serve you. I will be back here at the next AGM for -- with CUSA, so thank you.

COLIN LEAVING A LEGACY. What an effing joke.

CUSA better get it right and dispose of these two clowns (Colin and Jeff)

Colins comments:

MR. INNES: It's kind of obvious what's happening. I wanted to just say that one of the legacies I have left behind is a great accounting system, so you can count on that. The last set of financial statements by our auditors said it was the best they've ever seen, so you have that, and then you have some great accounting staff to look after you on an ongoing basis, some -- a great team there, as well as a great staff. So thank you for the opportunity to serve you. I will be back here at the next AGM for -- with CUSA, so thank you.

Nice of him to fire the accountant that delivered the best financial statements the auditors had seen

Best summary of the gap between the ASA BOD and the members. -

ST. ALBERT: Thank you, Mr. Chair.

12 David Onderwater, St. Albert Soccer. I want to

13 comment specifically on the motion, and it ties to

14 the wording "sufficient cause." Like John, I don't

15 wish to get into the details of all of the various

16 topics that have been brought up. The simple fact

17 is there's a significant proportion of the

18 membership who have lost confidence in the

19 current board.

20 We don't see the accountable

21 we require; we don't see that they represent us;

22 they're not listening to us. The simple fact that

23 we had a rapid turn around on eliminating the

24 security guard at the door is an example of that.

25 And really the point is that they're behaving in

26 many ways that demonstrate lack of consideration for

Page 72

1 all of the members. It's simply that we don't feel

2 you represent us.

I'm just reading the minutes now. It looks like the chair did a great job.

Yes, the Chair of any meeting is very important as members speak to the members through the chair. In many soccer meetings I've been to, the Chair is rarely neutral. Heck, I've even been sworn at for just being Leagues messenger of league changes.....was too funny I couldn't even get upset. There are too many people interested in serfdoms rather than running a sports club and being fair to the members they are suppose to serve.

Big pluses to the Chair and the person for SUNNY SOUTH on how things were conducted and presented.

Colins comments:

I thought the finances were in such a mess that they couldn't get any type of budget or information together and the AGM needed to be postponed.

Last friday was a great success but the districts have to keep focus.....

Issues:

Naming of new appt board members, do not put it past Mr. Chen to re-appoint anti reform directors ... or even to add to the insult of him not resigning immediately to re-appoint Colin Innes and others back....

To send a letter from all your reform minded .... districts to the newspapers in Edmonton and Calgary calling on members of the Calgary and Edmonton anti reform groups under Innes and Mario... to seriously look at whether these two individuals should be allowed to run the associations ... as they apparently do.

I also think you in Alberta have a right to ask .. the CSA to come and explain to you are your AGM how they intend to ensure fairness.... in applying discipline ...especially in light of the appeal ctte report which on my reading clearly sends a message of correction to the CSA.... the doctor needs to read it and then get it translated and read it again ..to make sure he gets the serious points raised.

Alberta should be sending the minutes of its SGM to all other provincial districts in Canada ever provincial president ... letting them understand a wave has risen and its going to flow .... throughout the country and perhaps beyond just the family of soccer in terms of showing democratic and legal rights shall be primary in Canada...

Excellent point Trillium :-)

"Alberta should be sending the minutes of its SGM to all other provincial districts in Canada ever provincial president ... letting them understand a wave has risen and its going to flow .... throughout the country and perhaps beyond just the family of soccer in terms of showing democratic and legal rights shall be primary in Canada..."

Archived