FC Edmonton - Edmonton Supporters Group Discussion

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the best soccer music in a promo I have ever heard. It's brilliant! FCE should use it, it has drums. Take a listen.

Champion's League Soccer, CONCACAF Promo

http://www.in.com/videos/watchvideo-champions-league-soccer-concacaf-promo-2262493.html

http://www.in.com/videos/watchvideo-champions-league-soccer-concacaf-promo-2262493.html

That's actually quite good. No voiceover copy annoying eminating from the male groinal area either. Nice spot Maria. Welcome to the

Edmonton corner of the V's:D

Don't go all machismo.... encourage her to come out to see the games on her own .....with her soccer mom friends no-husbands and no kids...

Is this group only for guys, considering what was said by this person?

Actually,if you read between the lines, I think he's looking for a date

(no husbands no kids, bring yer freinds etc nudge-nudge, wink-wink):eek:

Sorry.. to be serious for a minute. what Trillium's talking about is the Soccer mon who got sat up in the ESG bleachers during the Impact Game and threatened Strobe with ejection by the police because he, and the other 12 were shouting a lot and banging a drum (Shameful beheviour:mad:).

No we want as many people as possible. Men Women, or Other. Young, Old, Inbetween. Long in the tooth, Young at heart. From Stato's * to Newbies. The North End Bleacher Gang- (Yes another name to play with) is open to all who want to cheer on the Prairie Boys as loud as they can without feeling the person sitting next to them is going to tell them to sit down and shut up. :(

Its not intended to be the YOUNG Kids Section, but saying that no-ones going to stop you coming in as a family group. Just make sure the familys up for a bit of singing.

Breast feeding at half time might be out however:)

Check out the next TFC game on the CBC or GolTV's MLS coverage. At the Chicargo fire the home fans have a Tower on the Front bleacher which someone climbs with a MC's megaphone to get the crowd behind the goal up and singing

The Rowdies Web adverts however are shamefully Blokey orientated.

New Post on the FCE forum has United Cycle on board as an outlet for tickets and Merchandise, I'd Really like to see that all white 'Retro kit' on the racks. looks very Real Mardid/ Leeds United.

Wonder if they fancy adding Number tags on the socks?:rolleyes:

To anyone not in the locale. UnitedCycle are Edmontons go to guys for sports gear. Almost all the city knows the name and they have a strong local profile, Unlike big boxes like sports check etc.

Seriously, might get a few of the comunity clubs thinking about paying out small fortunes on 'tinsel strips' and making grass roots more affordable with simple T's with numbers on the back.

PLAIN SHIRTS LOOK COOL!:cool:;)

Plans for Ottawa on 7-July:

SUPPORTERS SECTION

Supporters section will be located in the same spot as last match (Northwest Corner) of the Stadium. As you enter Foote Field, stay on the main level, go past the ramp that takes you upstairs, there should be a Sign saying "FC EDMONTON SUPPORTERS GROUP ENTRANCE", and take a left there. If security gives you a hard time, ask for Shawn (me), I will be in the section around 6:30 getting set up, and mention to me you are from the Voyageurs board, and your screen name.

TICKETS

If you can let me know tonight if you will be attending, I can have the club set aside some tickets for us tomorrow, and we can sort payment out at the match. If not, purchase gen. admission tickets and come join our section. You should be able to purchase tickets at the stadium.

ATMOSPHERE

I will be bringing my Dutch FC EDMONTON banner, River_City will bring his Canada Flags as well as the blank banner which we will make pre match. Based on information provided to me, the club should be selling kits and scarves at tomorrows match.

Hope to see some more bodies in the supporters section tomorrow. Message me if you have any other questions.

Sadly, im not gonna be able to make it tomorrow. Portsmouth is starting to look doubtful as well, but ill definitely make it to town for the Victoria game. So once again im stuck following the game via the facebook/twitter page.

Also ive been doing some advertising for FCE and the ESG, on some heavier populated forums http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=796354 I can always edit out the ESG invite if you guys think its an issue

Looks like a nice group there, would love to attend a game or two! You already got decent numbers.

A nice little group it is. Hopefully we keep growing, every match has seen our numbers grow considerably. I'm hoping for big things vs. Pompey in a week and a half.

I can't wait to see us play IMFC at Saputo.

that is some concrete wall behind your supporters section

Yeah... That's part of the overall building facility. FCE was really nice to set up a special spot for us, but it's a little too exclusive. We're right down on the pitch, but the sightlines are awful and no one knows that they're allowed to come join us. We look a little too "official" in that spot. Almost as if we're the cheerleaders except we don't do jumps (that, and the fact we'd look awful in mini-skirts!

Carl_Valentine and I checked out the general admission stands on the east side of the pitch and we're going to set up shop in one of the corners there for next match. Hopefully people will join us a bit more there.

I don't know what was the best part of the last match... The guy who showed up with a hand drum and gave us all more rhythm than we deserved (we were left to twirl scarves while he went to town... Which I think looked awesome), or the fact that we had the ball boys singing "he's big, he's red... His feet stick out of bed... Rein Baart!" behind the nets (and apparently all the way home according to their mom who was sitting with us).

Also, having kits and scarves really helped as well. It's easier to act the fool when you look the part.

rico... where are you?!

He's big... he's red... his feet stick out of bed... REIN BAAAART!

Strobe-z...I dont mean to be a Pedant but...

If RB's only 5'11" does he sleep in a Kiddie Cot?:confused:

Actually I was chatting with a mate on-line from England. He mistook our goalie for the Musical emprisario who created the Musical Wombels... Lionel BART!:eek:

Remember your a goalie, (Remember your a goalie)

Remember your a goalie, (Remember your a goalie)

Remember-member-member

that a goalie- goalie -goalie-you are!:cool:

Archived