FC Edmonton - Edmonton Supporters Group Discussion

I caught the Late night news Edmonton on Match night and I saw Paul 'Hammy' Hamiltons goal. Didn't get to see Cox's goals however.

Afraid Im going to be stuck on the sidelines through the first few games, as I HAVE to buy a house before the End of August, as thats when my tenacy runs out!:eek:

Still I hope to get myself and the Kids to the CFB on Canada Day. So If you see a harrased looking bloke in a Sly Stalone goalie shirt with too many ankle bitters ..etc

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No worries, the scarves are in town and just clearing customs. We'll have them available for the June 27'th game if not sooner.

Hope to see you all this Sunday!

Thanks for having contact with the folks around here. It's appreciated. Toronto FC does the same thing with their supporter groups. Not sure about Montreal and Vancouver but I imagine they do the same.

Thanks for having contact with the folks around here. It's appreciated. Toronto FC does the same thing with their supporter groups. Not sure about Montreal and Vancouver but I imagine they do the same.

Unfortunately I have never spoken (or seen, unless they are undercover) to a club official on the Impact message boards.

Details for Colo Colo on Sunday.

-Spoke with the club last night.

-No specific supporters section will be reserved for us.

-The club advised us to set up shop wherever we please, similar to what we do at CMNT games at Commonwealth. This way we can harass the Colo Colo keeper(s) for two halves : )

-We are planning to meet up at the Endzone Pub (immediately North of Commonwealth Stadium) pre match.

-For those who wish to sit in the supporters section, please have a look out for us, we should be in one of the corners of the lower bowl. We will have drums, and some Canada flags as banners

Does anyone know what is going on with the Vittoria match? As I live in Lloydminster, the weekday matches are hard to make it to, but I am kicking around heading up for the Vittoria match. Does Foote Field have lights? If I come up I'd like to try and do a double dip with the FC game in the afternoon and the Energy (basketball) game in the evening. I'd be up for joining the supporters section, but really I don't know all the intricacies of the game, so don't expect me to be freaking out over an offside, as I don't fully understand the law.

But I am looking forward to next year when they begin their NASL season. I am somewhat of a fairweather soccer fan, so I'd likely cheer for FC Edmonton in all their matches except when the Impact and TFC are in. Of all the teams I consider myself an Impact fan first and foremost, TFC and FC Edmonton second. I realize this is far in the future, but has FC Edmonton decided that Foote Field will be their permanent home? What I mean is will they be like TFC and the Impact who play in a smaller stadium for all non-international friendlies or will FC Edmonton move the TFC (and possibly the Impact) games to Commonwealth? I know I am leaving out the Whitecaps, but I'm not sure how much of a draw they would be since, TFC and the Impact dominate the television coverage for the fairweather fan.

Does anyone know what is going on with the Vittoria match? ... really I don't know all the intricacies of the game, so don't expect me to be freaking out over an offside, as I don't fully understand the law.

erm.... That would be you and most of the Footballing world (including the refs) then. ;)

Joking apart. The 'Internationals' wont sell out the Commonwealth but if The expected 20K+ turn up to both, Then it will add to what seems to be a groundswell opinion that Edmonton needs an intermediate size stadium. Peticulary as reading the Edmonton Sun's Post match article Hosting the other Three Canadian Pro sides in the Nutralite appears to be where the 'real' focus for competion lies for the club:)

Hey Shootmaster_44 You don't need to know any of the rules to join us in the supporters section. All you need to do is be prepared to scream your head off. :D

As for Foote Field, yes it has lights, and yes it will be the home of FC Edmonton for the foreseeable future. The club knows that a stadium is needed, but it's tough to build one before the team is established, and it's tough to get established without the stadium. FCE is using Commonwealth for the two biggest international matches in this exhibition "season" and Vittoria at Foote (mainly because of a scheduling conflict with the Eskimos I understand). I don't know what they will do next year during the V-Cup matches... possibly play them at Commonwealth. I'm surprised to hear you discount Vancouver though. They'd be more of a draw here than either Toronto or Montreal. The only reason that TOR and MTL enjoy a higher profile right now is that TOR is currently the only MLS team and MTL benefits from exposure on RDS. I expect that will change next year with VAN in the MLS as well.

btw, alberta white, there's only one name for the competition here... The Voyageurs Cup ;) Sponsors come and go, the Voyageurs are forever! ;)

^ Cheers Strobe. Thanks for the faux-par correction. Pehaps maybe 'Lord Bobisms' are contagious?:o

Oh god let's hope not.

Looks like I'll be in town for the Portsmouth game, so I'll doubtless be in your section getting my soccer bigamy on!

It's too bad you guys can't get some media attention with all the new focus on the team. It'd be good to have your name out in the paper.

That would imply we have a name...

I'm trying to work "12th man" into something that doesn't make it sound like there's only twleve of us... even though that would be double of what we've got so far.

I already did that in the lesser well read thread here, but I may as well just repost my reply in this thread as well...

I'm the one banging the small drum, River_City is in the red cowboy hat and Carl_Valentine is standing behind us. CV knows the rest of the crew sitting directly behind us up to the guy with the white hat, and the rest just sorta showed up (not sure if RC or CV know all of them or not). That's where Eddie Sidra showed up half way through the second half, and the lady and guy in the blue jacket were the soccer mom and the ball boys' team coach.

Nice find on the pic.

Do you guys have a name yet?

I am sure that if you are looking to grow in the short term, the V's will give you guys your own section on this forum to get you up and running. It would make things a heck of a lot easier then just having a few threads to chat in. I can't speak for the rest of the members here but I would approve making a section for you guys and you could get a lot of good information/support from the rest of us that belong to established supporters groups for a few years now.

If it makes sense for yah.

Some more pictures from Sunday vs Colo Colo. http://www.pbase.com/tracyk/2010_06_20_fc_edmonton_vs_colocolo

125791010.F1mICRKP.IMG_0470.JPG

River_City in the red hat, myself with the black hair and black glasses. Strobe is behind me to my left, you can see his hat. Too bad the photographer get in our banners, we had a few Canada flags, a large "CULO CULO" banner, as well as a big Dutch flag with FC EDMONTON written across the white space.

Do you guys have a name yet?

I am sure that if you are looking to grow in the short term, the V's will give you guys your own section on this forum to get you up and running. It would make things a heck of a lot easier then just having a few threads to chat in. I can't speak for the rest of the members here but I would approve making a section for you guys and you could get a lot of good information/support from the rest of us that belong to established supporters groups for a few years now.

If it makes sense for yah.

I think that's a good idea. It will probably be a relatively short term arrangement. I'm going to try and resurect "the hangar" website I had going during the Aviators fiasco, but I want to do it right. We need to come up with a name first I think.

Archived