FC Edmonton - Edmonton Supporters Group Discussion

Are you guys still sitting in the bleachers set aside for the ESG @ Foote or have you made ur way into the GA seating? Im finally making my first trip up for the Victoria game and i need to make up for missed games by losing my voice and getting black out drunk!

Well before the game we can have pints at elephant & castle, then you could sit with us at the game (and drink) then afterwards you are on your own because "I'm too old for this sh!t."

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No mascots, no teeny boppy music, no cheerleaders, no gimmicks. All the team has to do is sell itself and the players.

As for us, all we need is less talk, and more rock. If stevieeatworld can make it from Saskatoon, all you lurkers and posters that haven't come down to join us, get off your butts and be counted.

No mascots, no teeny boppy music, no cheerleaders, no gimmicks. All the team has to do is sell itself and the players.

As for us, all we need is less talk, and more rock. If stevieeatworld can make it from Saskatoon, all you lurkers and posters that haven't come down to join us, get off your butts and be counted.

All the EPL teams have a mascot. Some are great. I refer you back to Cyril the Swan. Hard as nails he is. Constantly mixing it with the stewards. and not very KIDDIE freindly. Then again you don't treat mascots with the same kind of distain we do back in blighty!

Agree 100%. No mascots. Just come down and join us.

Stevie, we are now located in the gen. admission stand. Shouldn't be too hard to find us.

All the EPL teams have a mascot. Some are great. I refer you back to Cyril the Swan. Hard as nails he is. Constantly mixing it with the stewards. and not very KIDDIE freindly. Then again you don't treat mascots with the same kind of distain we do back in blighty!

As someone who doesn't follow the EPL, there are a lot more leagues in the world whose fans would personally go and beat up whatever sorry excuse for a marketing gimmick is prancing around in the sidelines. And the EPL isn't the be all and end all of the soccer world. FC Edmonton needs to be taken seriously. Period. Having a mascot won't help the credibility with potential die hards out there.

It'll only serve to attract more kids and soccer moms who will either yell 'Edmonton Sucks', throw quarters at us or give us dirty looks when a profanity is uttered. Just like the Pompey game. No thanks.

pre game pints are a must! look forward to seeing you guys again, I think the last time was the WCQ viewing party @ E&C for thew games vs the SV&G. Also look forward to meeting the newer V's.

Stevie, I'll facebook message you on the pregame stuff. Unfortunately there are no watering holes near Foote (unless I'm mistaken) and the LRT isn't near any decent pre-match pubs.

Stevie, I'll facebook message you on the pregame stuff. Unfortunately there are no watering holes near Foote (unless I'm mistaken) and the LRT isn't near any decent pre-match pubs.

I will drive your drunk, sorry ass from the elephant & castle then. I hope your tears don't water down your pint.

It'll only serve to attract more kids and soccer moms who will either yell 'Edmonton Sucks', throw quarters at us or give us dirty looks when a profanity is uttered. Just like the Pompey game. No thanks.

I felt like yelling something back at those girls when they yelled, Edmonton Sucks, but what's the point. I bet our players heard them, they yelled it loud enough. What do you expect from teenage girls, only there to check out guys.

I felt like yelling something back at those girls when they yelled, Edmonton Sucks, but what's the point. I bet our players heard them, they yelled it loud enough. What do you expect from teenage girls, only there to check out guys.

Let me shave my beard and leave a mustache, I then will sit near them and creep them out with comments about candy and windowless minivans. If one of them is brave enough to look at me, then they will get a Barney Stinson wink. If that doesn't help I will search for help with the grapist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqq051BU2MY

When i was in town for a show @ the starlite room in June, I discovered this nice little pub down the street from the starlite called The Jekyll And Hyde Pub. It was a nice cozy lil pub and the pints were pretty cheap compared to other pubs. Its also only a block or so away from the Bay/Enterprise Square LRT Station. Perfect candidate for a pre-Game Pub before Wednesdays match against Victoria!

oh, ho.... the trash talking begins.... ;)

Just outta curiosity (and because I haven't been paying attention) but are the Victoria Highlanders the same as Victoria United?

Nope, United plays in the PCSL which this year also includes our reserve team. Two completely seperate organizations.

There are however a lot of former United players on our roster. Last season especially the "alumni" formed the bulk of the team and still this year never less than 5 layers on the pitch for us at any given time were former United players I think.

The plan this time around is to sit in one of the corners of the general admission stands for exactly that same reason. No one knows they can join us when we sit in those small temp stands at the edge of the pitch at Foote. It was a nice idea by the club to put us there, but it doesn't really accomplish what we want.

hey guys, i just wanted to suggest you guys should sit in the middle of everything because then maybe more people would join along with the singing? just an idea me and a couple other players talked about.

Nice one! Looks like the player are reading the threads.

bdrown, Does Hammy know that someone on the FCE forms got 'the hots, for his flowing Locks?;)

Hey! Players from TFC, MI and WV.

Edmonton players are posting to Cansoc!

Theres a challange...

Come and have a post if you think your "Bard" Enough!

Oh okay... I'll get me quill and shove off then?:o:o

Took me like 30 seconds to figure out what MI and WV were.

Montreal= IMFC, MIFC

Caps:WFC, VW, VWFC(?)

Archived