FC Edmonton - Edmonton Supporters Group Discussion

For what it's worth...TFC does the same. Is there a facepalm emoticon...

Does the same as England or Does the same as Dwight's Boys? ...he asks knowingly ;)

(Hey Strobe_z! Dwight's Boys, Dwights Boys!- might make a chant that?)

To be honest I liked the concept of Defensive planting. Great one for kids to learn, as opposed to the concept of 'wander aimless as a cloud routine' usually employed by the young 'uns...and the English Back Four!

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TICKETS

Please purchase a general admission ticket (I believe the cost is $25 for adults). The club has reserved the first few rows of Section A for the supporters section(South side of the West Stand). No word on where the Pompey supporters will be, as a number of fans are expected. Kick off is at 7:35.

ATMOSPHERE

I have the drums and flags which I will be bringing to the stadium. I'm sure we can come up with something funny for the blank banner. Feel free to bring more flags etc.

PRE MATCH

I have been told that the Pompey fans will be congregating at Endzone Pub (immediately North of the Stadium). I would like to go there pre match to have a drink but that depends what time I can get out of the office. Feel free to join them.

Any questions, let me know.

Lord Bob, I asked the club about the camera. My contact wasn't sure about the camera and said he would get back to me.

I think that's a good idea actually... especially after I got the business card of the "Away Travel Officer" for the.... Portsmouth FC Supporters Club... The FC Edmonton Supporters Group is starting to sound just fine. As I wanted originally, this will allow a nickname to grow organically.

BTW, thanks for taking care of some of our guys, Trident. I heard you showed them around town a bit as well...

^^Sounds like an English pub not a supporters group.

We could be sh!tfaced drunk. Chances are we would be braver, more obnoxious, and much louder if we were.

I like the name more now.

Also I don't what supporter group names would sound like. I am learning soccer as I go. I have learned quite a bit from the time FC Edmonton popped up, and I had reason to become interested.

Don't spit in my pint.

Well, the lion and the antelope is definitely not a possible name for a supporters group.

We could be sh!tfaced drunk. Chances are we would be braver, more obnoxious, and much louder if we were.

I like the name more now.

Also I don't what supporter group names would sound like. I am learning soccer as I go. I have learned quite a bit from the time FC Edmonton popped up, and I had reason to become interested.

Don't spit in my pint.

UM02: Ultras Montreal 2002. We're Ultras. In Montreal, group was founded in 2002. Very common template for ultras across the world

Vak 410, Section 8, Gate 13, Usector: Section 410 of Ajax, Section 8 of Soldier field of the Chicago Fire, Gate 13 of Panathinaikos, U sector of TFC. All those names are simply the section/entrances the fans could be found in.

Delije, Grobari, Winners, Green Apes: Heroes of Crvena Zvezda, Gravediggers of Partizan, Winners of Wydad, Green Apes of Maccabi Haifa. More creative, less generic names than locations or other common ideas. But creativity isn't always better!

Well, the lion and the antelope is definitely not a possible name for a supporters group.

UM02: Ultras Montreal 2002. We're Ultras. In Montreal, group was founded in 2002. Very common template for ultras across the world

Vak 410, Section 8, Gate 13, Usector: Section 410 of Ajax, Section 8 of Soldier field of the Chicago Fire, Gate 13 of Panathinaikos, U sector of TFC. All those names are simply the section/entrances the fans could be found in.

Delije, Grobari, Winners, Green Apes: Heroes of Crvena Zvezda, Gravediggers of Partizan, Winners of Wydad, Green Apes of Maccabi Haifa. More creative, less generic names than locations or other common ideas. But creativity isn't always better!

Wow so for us in Edmonton our name option is general seating. I am so excited about that name, I just wanted something for Alberta considering Edmonton is the capital.

Wow so for us in Edmonton our name option is general seating.
Section GS ? The Bleacher Crew ?

I just wanted something for Alberta considering Edmonton is the capital.

• The Golddiggers / Gold Kings / Gold Nation ?
  • Oil Army ?
  • Pumpjack Legion ?
  • Rocky Section ?
  • The Landscapers ?
  • The Combine Boys / Combine Riders ?
  • Sons of Harvest ?
  • Wheat Brigade ?
  • Grain Ultras ?
  • Buffalo Riders ?
  • Gas Corner (I know you ain't Sask...) ?
  • WEM Squad ?
  • Hey, why not Grizzly Sector ;) ?

So ? :rolleyes:

• Oil Army ?
  • Pumpjack Legion ?
  • Rocky Section ?
  • The Landscapers ?
  • Sons of Harvest ?
  • Wheat Brigade ?
  • Grain Ultras ?
  • Buffalo Riders ?
  • WEM Squad ?

River_City and I (over more than a few pints) though West Edmonton Maulers would be hilarious.

^ Ha Ha ! Good one ! :cool:

There's also Allzukalt Nation... (as a tribute to the German community)

Not sure of that...'e sayz in eez britisher accent!;)

I'm for ESG-BFF!:eek:

Okay i'll be serious and leave the name calling to you guys.

But what of Mascots? I know the soldier thing wont fly but what about having someone running around the touchline dressed in buckskins and waving a Pop gun? (ergo that guy on the city coat of arms) Or would he be copyright too? rolleyes:

• Oil Army ?
  • Pumpjack Legion ?
  • Rocky Section ?
  • The Landscapers ?
  • Sons of Harvest ?
  • Wheat Brigade ?
  • Grain Ultras ?
  • Buffalo Riders ?
  • WEM Squad ?

But it is Edmonton, so it would have to be the stabbers or the meth-heads.

Ever since we met the Portsmouth FC Supporters Club... I've been thinking we should just be the the Edmonton Soccer Supporters Group... If we get a nickname it'll happen when it happens and stick if it's good.

Also, I just wanted to mention to foreverthursday (great nickname btw) that this soccer discovery you're on is one we almost all took. Speaking for myself, I found a love for the "beautiful game" about 10 years ago. So don't feel shy about not knowing the intricate details... we've all been there (and some of us still are!).

Archived