FC Edmonton - Edmonton Supporters Group Discussion

hey folks, i look forward to joining you guys for the Portsmouth game... i'll be the loudest one there.

On a side note, I agree with everyone who says that the Football lines look horrible on the pitch but I want to throw out the suggestion of using it to name the group. Maaybe something like the grid iron boys or something like that. Just suggestion.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to have you on board Zapacna.

I will post details for the Pompey match as the date approaches. Tentatively, we will be seated in the first 4 rows of Section A at Commonwealth.

Now that I have mentioned our potential section for the match, something dawned on me during the Colo Colo match. Seating was restricted to the West Side of Commonwealth Stadium. Unfortunately, the TV cameras are also located on the West Side and thus any highlights of the match show a completely empty East Side. I know the sun can get hot in the East Side during afternoon matches such as Colo Colo, but this shouldn't be an issue for the Pompey match as it is in the evening. I mentioned this to the club, and was think about increasing optics by being on the East side. However, the problem again is that we may seem exclusive if everyone is on the West Side.

I still think we should stay on the side with the most number of spectators, however, it is an interesting point. Any thoughts?

It's not possible to move the cameras... and it would be weird just to see the few of us alone on the east side. Since it's an evening match, perhaps the club could be persuaded to open only the east side.

Anyway, thanks for joining us Zapacna... the more the merrier.

"......or the fact that we had the ball boys singing "he's big, he's red... His feet stick out of bed... Rein Baart!" behind the nets (and apparently all the way home according to their mom who was sitting with us)."

That's funny.

I signed up on here after finding out about it on the fc edmonton forums. I would like to get involved with this somehow. I was speaking with someone on facebook about it too. guy named mann.

Welcome foreverthursday. I'm guessing you were talking to Shawn (aka Carl_Valentine here). Anyway, we're always glad to have a new member. We're still working on details for getting together for the Portsmouth game.

Sorry, I don't know who Soccer Steve is. Any one in this city you know of the club could get?

If I lived in Edmonton, I'd do it for free. No British accent, but I can't be as bad as half of these hockey and american football trained journalism students who get these jobs...

Sorry, I don't know who Soccer Steve is. Any one in this city you know of the club could get?

Local CBC man Gareth Hampshire called the Local Indoor World cup torney this year. He's a sheffield Lad, but I won't hold that against him.;) I'd even suggest he's might be sitting in the stands just waiting for the call.

If I lived in Edmonton, I'd do it for free. No British accent, but I can't be as bad as half of these hockey and american football trained journalism students who get these jobs...

Good Lord. You couldn't be half as bad as some of the match commentators that get dredged up for no other reason than they do have an accent, British or otherwise.

Learned long ago that having an accent, any European accent, doesn't qualify an individuals footballing knowledge. There are plenty of Portuguese or Italians or Scots who think some of their countrymen have no idea what the Hell they're talking about, and sometimes they're right!

Guest ricardinho

I will post details for the Pompey match as the date approaches. Tentatively, we will be seated in the first 4 rows of Section A at Commonwealth.

Hello Carl, I will be going north for this game and would like to watch the game with you guys and learn a couple of songs. Should I buy a general admission ticket?

Good Lord. You couldn't be half as bad as some of the match commentators that get dredged up for no other reason than they do have an accent, British or otherwise.

Learned long ago that having an accent, any European accent, doesn't qualify an individuals footballing knowledge. There are plenty of Portuguese or Italians or Scots who think some of their countrymen have no idea what the Hell they're talking about, and sometimes they're right!

Did you here Robbie Savage trying to commentate during the world cup ? Calling the Play, not adding his two pennys worth Mind. Its was an absolute scream. He was wonderfully useless! and capped it of by saying "i'm dead good at this commentating lark me! LMAO!

This is a rather odd question, gents, but here goes. When you guys went to Commonwealth for the Colo-Colo game, was security checking bags at the door? I'd like to bring my SLR camera in, and security tends to frown upon those when they see them. I've e-mailed FC Edmonton to ask about getting special permission, but they haven't gotten back to me (possibly because my blog talks so much **** about them, say I cockily).

They are looking at running a U8-U17 camp in August (at foote i think) Check out www.FCedmonton.com.

Im looking at taking two of my boys along, and hopfully dogging out to see if can learn a thing or two as well.:o

On the Passing video. I watched this then caught a Sky News peice on the England set up. They were still doing the drill in the 'old direct to feet way':eek:

They are looking at running a U8-U17 camp in August (at foote i think) Check out www.FCedmonton.com.

Im looking at taking two of my boys along, and hopfully dogging out to see if can learn a thing or two as well.:o

On the Passing video. I watched this then caught a Sky News peice on the England set up. They were still doing the drill in the 'old direct to feet way':eek:

For what it's worth...TFC does the same. Is there a facepalm emoticon...

Archived