FC Edmonton - Edmonton Supporters Group Discussion

For the kiddie issue... would there be any chance of having a "FCE Youth Supporters" section? Maybe get some of the parents involved and sit them at a different end of the field so that they can cheer "appropriately" and still let us have our fun?

Because you guys dont exist in a vaccum, the point of singing is being heard.

You'll end up being heard no matter where they are, ideally.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see what you guys are saying. And I’ll admit I wasn’t in the supporters section on Wednesday night, so I’m not sure what the exact complaints there were. When I was there, the chants and songs seemed appropriate, so I’m guessing it was language that was used between people around the group.

The fact is that FCE needs supporters right now. Families provide at the minimum two tickets, plus any concession and merch revenue, so the club can’t really afford not to cater to them. This is one possible solution. Just throwing in my two cents, wasn’t saying this was the only solution.

With Carl_Valentine and his crew not being able to make it on Sunday, a few of us are planning on meeting up in the Parking lot at 1300 for a little tailgating. If you drive to Foote, follow the FCE parking signs to the easternmost lot. If you take the LRT, just walk on over to the lot north of the field.

I'm guessing some people will be meeting up at Elephant & Castle and some other pubs, but I encourage everyone to come down and join us by 1330 so we can buy the tickets together (hopefully at a discount) and then go set up the section.

The section itself is the North end of the East bleacher. Everyone in General Admission has to walk by us and the good thing is that we're right beside the beer sales. It's not designated as our section yet, as we didn't know if it would work out with the acoustics. But it's looking good.

Look for me in the Red cowboy hat and big drum. I'll be sober as Little River City will be in his Black cowboy hat, little drum and Batman flag/cape. Strobe will be in blue, E-dizzle will be in his bike. Foreverthursday will be drunk and passed out before 1315.

I'm looking forward to meeting all too... Probably not going to be able to make the game on Sunday (I have to work 11am-11pm, and I haven't heard of any tickets being donated to my work...). Have already discussed it with my wife though, and we'll be season ticket holders for next year, so count on me all next year.

What are the plans for winter for the group? Any assigned tasks (flag making, song writing, etc) that should be dolled out?

I was with my father in law, and by the sixtieth minute we were kind of rooting for Dylen their goalkeeper. We would clap for him when he made a save. At one point he punched the goalpost so hard that even with the padding I thought it could have broken his hand as the entire net shook. I think Spokane had two shots on net all game. I am glad we won't play a PDL team again. But their season ended about a month ago and all those guys couldn't have been their starting line-up. For them it was a friendly, but for us it was the second to last chance to fight for a roster spot next season. And ultimately I think that is where a lopsided score comes into play.

So glad I'm done with them... 'Til I go for my masters I guess...

That's exactly what I'm working on...

Anyway, the attendance doesn't surprise me... especially given the mid-week fixture, the fact that this was probably the least interesting opponent, and the competing Eskimos game. Oh well, I'll be there for the next (last?!) game. Next season sounds like so far away already...

So what are the plans for the ESG in the off season?

I don't know, but here is what I would like to see.

The exact same players and coaches training at the sports facility that some NHL players own. Very nice place, and no one on these boards could even afford to train there. Athletes Nation I think it is called.

While hopefully the club and the FATH group will advertise the team properly, and make a ton of corporate sponsers in the city and across Alberta.

The odds of any of that happening I don't want you to tell me. LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

I don't know, but here is what I would like to see.

The exact same players and coaches training at the sports facility that some NHL players own. Very nice place, and no one on these boards could even afford to train there. Athletes Nation I think it is called.

While hopefully the club and the FATH group advertise the team properly, and make a ton of corporate sponsers in the city and across Alberta.

The odds of any of that happening I don't want you to tell me. LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

Bahahaha....

Actually it would be nice to see the players training together at a sports facility... like foote field?!?!? (never gonna happen with the University in full swing though).

Hopefully the club will promote properly. If I were them, I wouldn't waste much money until Feb or so though... Then hit the universities hard for March and April.

I actually meant the supporters group though. Who's gonna organize things and keep this going through the cold? And what are we gonna do for the season opener next year? It'd be awesome to start things out right, and do something big.

Bahahaha....

Actually it would be nice to see the players training together at a sports facility... like foote field?!?!? (never gonna happen with the University in full swing though).

Hopefully the club will promote properly. If I were them, I wouldn't waste much money until Feb or so though... Then hit the universities hard for March and April.

I actually meant the supporters group though. Who's gonna organize things and keep this going through the cold? And what are we gonna do for the season opener next year? It'd be awesome to start things out right, and do something big.

Yeah the place is in St. Albert and it is called Athletes Nation. http://www.athletes-nation.com/

I think it would be worth it for the FATH group to allow the Alberta players (most of the team) to train there and board together as well for that time period. Not the whole winter of course. All those guys have homes and gyms that they trained in before they were scouted and signed by FC Edmonton.

Archived