New Canada Scarf?

So I was looking around the CONCACAF store and decided to check out the Canada gear. Still no kit available (why am I not surprised?), but it looks like their is a new Canada scarf.

http://www.concacafshop.com/can0063310810.html

yhst-33714730604718_2059_25188281

Can it be? Finally a new scarf?

Anyways here a link to the other Canada gear. Not that theirs really a whole lot...

http://www.concacafshop.com/categories-canada.html

Good start to the Gold Cup! Whoo! :D

Speaking of new scarves, the CONCACAF booth in Los Angeles was selling knockoff Canada shirts and scarves. I got a picture, but suffice to say that if you wear one of those you should just give up and go cheer for Botswana.

I spent 20 minutes looking for somewhere to get the new jersey online today. Nothing. Squizz on It's called Soccer had one, so maybe he can help out. Kinda pathetic really. I checked out the CSA store, Concacaf store, and just about every big Toronto sports store that has a webpage, and absolutely nothing. For 50 bucks I'll get the 2007 home shirt from the CSA site next time I'm home. No real difference anyways, as Squizz's top wasn't sporting the Gold Cup logo anyhow.

On a side note I agree with you Port Sensation, the logo is outdated to say the least. The majority of Voyageurs like it though, so we're stuck with it for now.

What's wrong with you people? The Voyageurs' scarf is the ONLY one that matters! ;)

If anyone needs a scarf, then they should join the Voyageurs and be a real SUPPORTER of our country.

(Then you buy a Vs scarf, practically at cost!)

If you really need a Canada scarf for fashion sense, well I'd suggest you ask Ed for his opinion. ;)

I remember when a local company in Vancouver had a company in Britain make some (1000, I think) Canada scarves because the CSA would have nothing to do with it. They of course could not even put the CSA crest on them.

How times have changed when there's a new scarf and it's not good enough.

Whoa, didnt' mean to cause such a scandal.

I agree that the V's scarf is much better, but I figured I'd toss out another option in the event anyone was interested.

I do agree that the CSA logo needs a massive update, and I don't mean just updating their font... it's a start at least though...

If anyone is near Toronto, the adidas (megastore?) store at Dundas Sq. was having a 50% off sale on almost everything in the store. Go figure TFC stuff was not on sale, but they had a rack of Canada kits at half off. It looked like most of it was Kids stuff, but I did see another rack with more Canada stuff.

Maybe this will make it easier for someone, but we all know its next to impossible to find Canada stuff.

Also the Soccer Fanatic in DT Guelph carries Canada soccer stuff (mens and womens) as the owner is Canada supporter and doesn't push it to the back wall.

Now that the Adidas / CSA relationship is officially kaput (not sure when that becomes official but that marriage is officially over and we'll probably be all wearing Nike soon enough) i have a feeling that any and all leftover Adidas gear will be sold off at big discounts, which is probably why the Adidas superstore is doing a blowout.

That scarf is a joke IMO. Nothing fancy at all. Wouldn't pay more than $10 for it and only because I am a passsionate Canadian and must have left my old scarf at home.

Ok...I was supposed o have Lord Bob fly a V's scarf back from LA to COlumbus, but somehow it got mishandled. Does anyone know how I can get a V's scarf please??? I though Brennanfan had the last of them

quote:Originally posted by Razcle

That scarf is a joke IMO. Nothing fancy at all. Wouldn't pay more than $10 for it and only because I am a passsionate Canadian and must have left my old scarf at home.

Ok...I was supposed o have Lord Bob fly a V's scarf back from LA to COlumbus, but somehow it got mishandled. Does anyone know how I can get a V's scarf please??? I though Brennanfan had the last of them

lord bob was bringing me a scarf back too. u sure it got mishandled?

quote:Originally posted by I_AM_CANADIAN

TBH I like the old logo, but that scarf is nothing to write home about. The V's scarf blows it well out of the water.

I prefer the "old logo" because it shows a bit more effort than a regular font.

THe logo itself is still terrible.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Now that the Adidas / CSA relationship is officially kaput (not sure when that becomes official but that marriage is officially over and we'll probably be all wearing Nike soon enough) i have a feeling that any and all leftover Adidas gear will be sold off at big discounts, which is probably why the Adidas superstore is doing a blowout.

It was a storewide sale, not just the soccer or Canada stuff. But is Nike going to be the new supplier?

Link!

True true. I agree. Other than Nike, no one has the distribution power of Adidas. Puma would be the next biggest, but even they can't match the number of kits that Adidas could have put on the shelves. Unfortunately, as Soju has stated, they didn't do dick all. It's easier to buy a LA Galaxy shirt in our own country. The kits were always boring and as plain as you could imagine. They didn't even have them available for major tournaments or WC qualifications. Good riddance jerks.

Archived