Ultras Montreal Greet TFC From Mexico

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

But you're right, Grizz. Maybe you and the UM02 can educate us on how to get a banner ripped out from under you in the worldly city of Rochester without so much as a peep in response.

What you are intentionally forgetting to mention is in that incident which is several years old, a Rochester player unexpectedly ripped a UM banner off the fence in Rochester. First of all, there was a reaction, the cameras never showed UM at all. Second of all what were we supposed to do, jump on the field and beat up the player? Certainly your posts here and especially on the U-Sector forum seem to indicate that this is what you think we should have done. If that is the case, then please clarify that your position is indeed that fans should physically assault players. If that is not your position then I don't think you have much grounds to comment on this incident.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

What you are intentionally forgetting to mention is in that incident which is several years old, a Rochester player unexpectedly ripped a UM banner off the fence in Rochester. First of all, there was a reaction, the cameras never showed UM at all. Second of all what were we supposed to do, jump on the field and beat up the player? Certainly your posts here and especially on the U-Sector forum seem to indicate that this is what you think we should have done. If that is the case, then please clarify that your position is indeed that fans should physically assault players. If that is not your position then I don't think you have much grounds to comment on this incident.

Beat up the player?

I don't think I said that anywhere, but I guess we're both playing the "intentionally ignoring facts" game now, eh?

Well you tell us how fans are supposed to react when a player comes and rips off a banner, oh wise one!

I thought your world travels have educated you in the ways of soccer. Isn't that what you say to me at every possible opportunity?

You don't seem to be hesitant to dish out your pearls of wisdom when it amounts to belittling me or my fellow TFC supporters. You figure it out.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

I thought your world travels have educated you in the ways of soccer. Isn't that what you say to me at every possible opportunity?

You don't seem to be hesitant to dish out your pearls of wisdom when it amounts to belittling me or my fellow TFC supporters. You figure it out.

What a cop out! Too afraid to answer.

BTW: UM02 just went to a region where both the US and Canadian government put out a travel advisory telling its citizens not to go there. The Mexican military was driving around the cities in pickup trucks with masked soldiers standing on the back with machine guns ready to fire. By about 9 pm the streets in Torreon were deserted. The various police departments in this city even had a shootout amongst themselves a month ago. When driving to different cities we went through numerous checkpoints with armed soldiers in sandbagged duggouts. That is not even mentioning the danger of the game itself.

Given all this it is pretty funny to hear an internet tough guy bitching at us about not having the balls to throw beer at a player or jump on the field and run around doing nothing but run around on the field for fun. You have very little credibility.

What a cop out! Too afraid to answer.

BTW: UM02 just went to a region where both the US and Canadian government put out a travel advisory telling its citizens not to go there. The Mexican military was driving around the cities in pickup trucks with masked soldiers standing on the back with machine guns ready to fire. By about 9 pm the streets in Torreon were deserted. The various police departments in this city even had a shootout amongst themselves a month ago. When driving to different cities we went through numerous checkpoints with armed soldiers in sandbagged duggouts. That is not even mentioning the danger of the game itself.

Given all this it is pretty funny to hear an internet tough guy bitching at us about not having the balls to throw beer at a player or jump on the field and run around doing nothing but run around on the field for fun. You have very little credibility.

Grizzly, you've met me on numerous occasions. When have I ever pretended to be a tough guy, internet or otherwise?

My answer is not a cop out, it's a turning of the tables on your constant need to talk down to me specifically (for some inexplicable reason), and my fellow TFC supporters in general. Knowing the group I stand with on a weekly basis, I can honestly say that they would have not allowed an opposing player to even get that close to one of our banners, let alone rip it down.

It's funny, you start a thread entirely devoted to talking trash about us, and yet when it's dished back out at you, you get all up in arms.

Yes, three guys from UM02 went to Torreon, good for them (you). Seriously.

But please don't try to portray that as the entire group having headed down there. I'm sure if either Vancouver or Toronto was playing in that stadium, there would be similar numbers (or better) from either group.

quote: Knowing the group I stand with on a weekly basis, I can honestly say that they would have not allowed an opposing player to even get that close to one of our banners, let alone rip it down.

The fact is that it was totally unexpected, uncalled for and we had no way what so ever to predict he would touch that banner. The guy who scored came to taunt us, which is part of the game and this guy comes out of the bench running towards the players celebrating but heads right past his teammates and tears down the banner. Nobody could see it coming. And we weren't 60 there, we were like 15 including 9 ultras I think. By the time he grabbed that banner we came jumping down from first row (which was about 2 meters back from the fence) and security was out in full force by the time we got there, as they had started moving in when the guy who scored came close to us... It's kinda hard to throw a chair on the field when you have a security guard trying to take it away from you.

What you don't see in the video is the following events, where a guy from the Stampede tore down a second banner as we were pushed back to our seats by security. I dashed past security and tried jumping on the field to get the banner back but got tackled and beat up by two security guys (arm lock, head lock, chokehold). Meanwhile, the Stampede ***** dropped the banner when security got close to him and he tried running away but was ejected from the stadium.

But hey, I supposed if it were 15 TFC guys instead of 15 Montreal guys, we would have had a full-scale riot because you are so hardcore... (that is if you hadn't been busy playing soccer with the Stampede guys in the park next door beforehand I guess).

But anyway... let the TFC guys make a feast of something stupid that happened two years ago. If it makes them feel better, it's all good. :D

Hey... that 2009 Canadian Championship already is well underway, isn't it? [:P]

Guest speedmonk42

I can't imagine what would happen if any supporters went directly after players of the opposing team.

Good thing they didn't.

TFC, Montreal or anybody. To do so would be fcking retarded and not worth the consequences by orders of magnitude.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

I'm still shocked that a pro player would vandalize fan banners in such a way.

I don't remember such a thing happenning enywhere else in the world. Anyway, I've never heard/read about something like that before.

We're unique. :D

• 3 years later...
Not really. It just kind of jumps out at you.

Can I bump these threads in 3-years when your fun night in Mexico is a memory and you are stuck in a dying league?

For the 1,895,865th time, I have nothing against Montreal. I'm just frustrated that Montreal fans have completely bought JS' bull**** and have been blinded by a nice little run of upsets.

I want the Impact in MLS. That’s what is best for Canadian soccer.

And I will enjoy Columbus--with 1,500 fans willing to travel 7-hours to watch the team. I'll also enjoy the 17 homes dates with 20,000 paying customers at BMO and 500X more media attention than you can dream of getting in the minor leagues.

Whatever. Like I said, can I bump the thread in 3-years?

Geez Duane what do you want to say three year later about one night in Torreon...oh wait did you bother to go to Torreon ?

Geez Duane what do you want to say three year later about one night in Torreon...oh wait did you bother to go to Torreon ?

Despite the sad state of TFC, they did make it further in the CCL than Montreal ever did.

And I think this a really petty thread bump.

Actually I think it's a hilarious thread bump. I'm disappointed it's not 3 years to the day though.

I held off bumping to the day .. kinda thought Duane being a skilled journo would have had it in his Outlook Calendar as a reminder.

Scottie so you are saying .. you think Duane was petty to plan to bump this thread three years ago ? I thought you liked Duane but perhaps you think he was petty at that time.

I held off bumping to the day .. kinda thought Duane being a skilled journo would have had it in his Outlook Calendar as a reminder.

Scottie so you are saying .. you think Duane was petty to plan to bump this thread three years ago ? I thought you liked Duane but perhaps you think he was petty at that time.

It was petty then and it's petty now. I don't see what you're accomplishing by digging it up other than to say I told you so. Does Duane even post on here anymore?

It was petty then and it's petty now. I don't see what you're accomplishing by digging it up other than to say I told you so. Does Duane even post on here anymore?

So lets review...Duane petty three years ago, you do not see what is accomplished by the bump, and Duane does not even post here anymore ?

Accomplished by the bump.... "showing Duane was petty ( as you say )"

Giving a chuckle to those who read the TFC apologias by Duane in his CSN supports of TFC.

Remember Scottie.... Elephants may forgive but they never forget, his own words condemn him, Duane asked for the bump... it was given.

In any case... we will see what three more years brings to TFC, or should that be two years as Mariner is to remain in 2013.

Heck I will go out on a limb and make a prediction you can bump in three years Scottie..... TFC in 2016 will finish lower in standings then Montreal Impact, and Vancouver Whitecaps.

They will finish lower because Mariner regime is blown up in season 2013 and a new coach comes in for 2014 and has to evaluate players then dump them and find a new crew to build on a five year plan.

TFC games will not draw 20k to stadia.

Please bump in three years Scottie.

Archived