Julian's injury

Jimmy

Julian's Medical Report

Julian de Guzman just had an ultrasound scan in the USP Santa Teresa hospital in La Coruña this afternoon. RC Deportivo's Medical Services detected a microrupture on the left leg's femoral biceps. Julian will begin now medical and physiotherapy treatments.

The estimated recovering time is about three weeks, depending on the player's progress. Julian de Guzman got injured last Sunday, in the 8th minute of the Real Betis vs Betis league game.

Taken from

http://www.enblanquiazul.org/deguzman/news.php?item.83.4

quote:Originally posted by jahman

yeah, he could have had a family reunion in Kingston.

[?]

Only if they'd all flown down from Toronto....

I'd like to quote Ms. de Guzman (from Holland) at this point.

"Eh?"

Sorry. Didn't get that quite right.

"Eh, mon?"

Mu guess is that he stays at Depor where he is valued by the team and loved by the fans. In fact, if Sergio leaves, Jules could even potentially be made Depor Captain, or one of the Co-Captains. I think only a handful of players have been at the Club longer than him. Off the top of my head Sergio, Valeron, Manuel Pablo. I think the three of them share Captain and Co-Captain duties.

quote:Originally posted by villus

This highlights the difference between JDG1 and JDG2. JD! seems to have a good sense of loyatly and wants to give back to fans etc. Although JDG2 could have that but may just have that sense of loyalty to Holland.

I doubt there's much difference in those 2 sense of loyalty. The only difference is that we were lucky to cap him at the U-20 level. Give him the opportunity to suit for France (the country where he played his youth soccer) if eligible, I'm pretty sure he would've do so to the detriment of Canada. After hearing his dad comments in the past, I'm pretty convince that it's a familly issue and that JDG is no different.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

I doubt there's much difference in those 2 sense of loyalty. The only difference is that we were lucky to cap him at the U-20 level. Give him the opportunity to suit for France (the country where he played his youth soccer) if eligible, I'm pretty sure he would've do so to the detriment of Canada. After hearing his dad comments in the past, I'm pretty convince that it's a familly issue and that JDG is no different.

I prefer to give him some credit. In some interviews he expressed strong feelings not only for Canada but for his hometown and TFC.

quote:Originally posted by Derek Ramsay

Not sure if this has been posted but great interview

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNKqOFF_alM&feature=related

Fu'k me. That is solid. Where do you find this stuff?

You know, for the 1st time I thought the Vs Canadian International of the Year was wide open in '08, but I have to admit I absolutely love hearing JdG speak. He puts it all out there. He wears it on his sleeve.

Bravo.

To hear him, and others speak so passionately for Canada in spite of everything doesn't make me feel like some sort of nutter.

Or at least not a lonely nutter....

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Fu'k me. That is solid. Where do you find this stuff?

You know, for the 1st time I thought the Vs Canadian International of the Year was wide open in '08, but I have to admit I absolutely love hearing JdG speak. He puts it all out there. He wears it on his sleeve.

Bravo.

To hear him, and others speak so passionately for Canada in spite of everything doesn't make me feel like some sort of nutter.

Or at least not a lonely nutter....

Awesome clip. Thanks.

After this it makes me even more upset that JDG isn't the captain... :(

Unfortunately Julian hasn't recovered in time for the Depor-Feyenord match. The following players are in the line up. It seems that Jonathan won't be playing either as he also recovering from injury. A shame as it would have been great to witness 2 Canadian brothers play agaisnt each other in a European competition.

Porteros: Aranzubía y Fabricio.

Defensas: Laure, Filipe, Lopo, Manuel Pablo, Adrián López, Ze Castro y Colotto.

Centrocampistas: Antonio Tomás, Cristian, Guardado, Juan Rodríguez, Lafita, Sergio, Valerón y Verdú.

Delanteros: Mista y Omar Bravo.

He is most likely to be back in action during this weekend's Liga match away at Almeria.

Archived