Canadians abroad: October 24-30, 2008

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

[*]In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for October 24-30, 2008.

[*]If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

[*]If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

[*]Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England

Championship

Barnsley (Hume)0 v 0 Bristol City

Hume starts and plays 90 mins

League one

MK Dons 3 v 1 Cheltenham

Gerba starts and plays 90 mins. Scores on 9 mins and 80 mins

MK Dons Keeper has been sent off.

Yeovil (Begovic, Bircham, Wagenaar) 0-0 Leyton Orient

Begovic starts and plays 90 mins

Wagenaar stays on the bench

No Bircham

League Two

Gillingham (Jackson)2 v 0 Chester

No Jackson

Macclesfield (Dunfield) 1-2 Rotherham

Dunfield starts and plays 90 mins. Picks up a YC on 89 mins

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

Maidstone United 0 v 1 AFC Wimbledon (Godfrey)

Godfrey stays on the bench

Crawley (Rayner)0 v 3 Havant & Waterlooville

Rayner plays 90 mins

Scotland

Premier

Inverness CT (Hastings) 1-2 Motherwell

Hastings starts and plays 90 mins

1st Division

Morton 2-0 Dundee (Pozniak)

Pozniak starts and plays 90 mins

Guest ccopela
quote:Originally posted by canucklefan

what happened to David Edgar? today he wasn't even on Newcastle's bench, this must be very disappointing for him

Kinnear must not rate him as highly as Keegan did. They've also had a couple players come back that were on injury. Most notably Habib Beye.

I'll comment on it again because I think it is really good news: I'm glad to see Gerba scoring for his club side again today (2 goals, 4 goals overall in 6 matches) because his last few club stints have not been successful. I don't really have a positive impression on how England has been for most of our players, but maybe Ali G fits there.

^ Thanks for the reminder about this game, i'm watching it on ESPN Deportes (i picked up an FTA Satellite with Dish Network).

0-2 for Roda! De Jong just coughed up the ball in his own end that led to a PSV free kick, but nothing came from it.

edit: It's now 1-3 Roda. On the Roda goal PSV cleared a free kick and De Jong was one of the last men back and he trapped the clearance and passed it back up the middle to a teammate, the guy he passed to turned and played a great long ball to the streaking left winger who broke in and scored on the break away.

Now 2-3 Roda, De Jong passes to a teammate and his poor touch leads to a turnover that Lasovic pounces on and blows by the Roda D as De Jong cannot catch up before Lasovic finishes the breakaway.

quote:Originally posted by canucklefan

Isn't De Jong's natural position midfield? If I'm not mistaken, since the beginning of the season, he is playing left wing winger for Roda.

He's playing Left back today. This is the first time i've seen him play this season, but the previous 2 years i've seen him about 6-8 times and every time he was at LB.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

saw the game. dejong is the real deal. a team like Roda is probably the most he'll achieve, but thats good enough for us.

Finally some others have seen the light as well...[8D]

I didnt think he played too well today but the team got their first win. Next thing for Roda is finding a new manager after sacking Raymond Atteveld 2 weeks ago.

Rob Friends manager (Jos Luhukay) at Gladbach last year is a very possible candidate.

I dont think Roda JC will be the end station for De Jong. There arent many good left backs in Football generally so the most important thing for him is that he doesnt get dropped from the team again like at the end of last season.

He is still pretty young and improving so another 2 years and he'll be at a top 4 team in Holland certainly.

De Jong tonight :

pu_psvroda_big.jpg

Archived