CANADA v HONDURAS MATCH THREAD [R]

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, i really REALLY hate to say this but, at this point there is absolutely no way we're going to South Africa, it's the sad truth my friends =(

seriously, the way we're playing now, how do we expect to get passed the final group stage to actually make the world cup, if we can barely keep up in this group... arghhhhhh why does this always happen to us damn it!!!!

Guest Jeffery S.

Hume out and Brennan in? Mitchell is totally useless. Put Hume up higher, closer to Friend. De Ro stays wide right, Kluka tries to push forward up the left. We play with three defenders and a holding mid, probably Atiba since he does nothing up high.

Really sad.

It's becoming clear that a lot of what we saw as positive signs from the CSA over the last year or two was smoke and mirrors, papering over the cracks if you will. Significant turns for the better like the U-20 World Cup (despite the money lost), the Canadian Championship and general fostering of cooperation between the big clubs, all of it didn't help to improve the on-field product. We need to get to a World Cup and every single dollar available to the CSA for the men's team (if not more) should be spent towards that goal. Whether that means not balking at a foreign coach when he has the nerve to (gasp) actually want to bring in his own staff, or work for a grass pitch and total North American cooperation with the FIFA calendar to foster a better environment for our men's team, there needs to be serious changes (a root and branch review as the English would say) of the entire CSA set-up.

Everything about this is pathetic, from the feed to the field to the coach to the long balls to a lone forward to the no stoppage of play for Radzinski to the majority of away supporters to the etc etc. Reset the feed, wait 1 minute, see 17 seconds of play, reset the feed, see 12 seconds. My nerves are shot.

I took it too seriously, and now I'm going into a coma. Wake me up when we qualify for the world cup.

Archived