CANADA v HONDURAS MATCH THREAD [R]

Miles better than against Jamaica. You can tell the players have had a week to practice together. There is more coherence and the touches are better. The field sucks and it seems that once it became torn up, it interrupted our flow. Great goal by Seroux. I couldn't believe Gerba's didn't go in. Hope Radz is back for Wednesday. Apart from a nice back-heel, Hume has been a liability.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canada is going to have to do better in the final third of th epitch. A lot of wasted high balls - crosses or whatever, we give up th eball too easily. Need to retain possession. That said, the cross where Radz got hurt and the final header from gerba were great stuff. Still, It's worrying th eamount of possession that Honduras has. This is not a Gold-Cup style performance that one might hope for.

That pitch is a world class embarassment.

When I first saw the starting eleven, I was pretty miffed, but then I remembered Gerba's strike rate for Canada, and he almost got one just before halftime. Come on Ali!

I've never seen a pitch self-destruct anywhere near as quickly as Saputo has over the past few weeks.

We have to keep the ball out of our end in the second half. The pitch combined with Honduran speed and Canadian "luck" in WCQ makes for nervous situations at the back.

When I was in Scotland a few years ago and attended some SPL matches, I noticed that the grounds crews at half time would only fix up the pitch in the end that the home team would be attacking. I hope the grounds crew at Saputo Stadium does the same and, if so, that the Canadians stop passing it around so much when they're deep in their own half...

Well I must admit I thought DM would be a good choice for taking us into this WC but I am not sure if that is a good choice after what I am seeing. I think I based this on some of the U20 stuff. In giving this more thought maybe giving him credit for player selection was premature in that we did not have as much depth as we have now. Now that we have the players we can see what the coach can really do...or not do.

f*** this. I give up. I don't know if I can put myself through this in another four years either. There is no excuse for losing (at the moment) to Honduras at home and only managing a draw against Jamaica. I've been doing this for too long, my nerves can't take it anymore.

Guest Can. in UK
quote:Originally posted by VI

Well I must admit I thought DM would be a good choice for taking us into this WC but I am not sure if that is a good choice after what I am seeing. I think I based this on some of the U20 stuff. In giving this more thought maybe giving him credit for player selection was premature in that we did not have as much depth as we have now. Now that we have the players we can see what the coach can really do...or not do.

I said it a couple months ago that we would find out how useless DM was about 2 games (after SV&G) into WCQ... when it was already too late.

Why do we even bother? Utterly bloody waste of all our time.

Archived