Mexico vs Canada

Javier

quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

Is Chiapas much hotter than Mexico City?

I can't say for certain since i've never been to Mexico City, but it's at a much higher elevation so i assume it is cooler than the low-lying southern regions.

Here is the current weather and forecast for the weekend in Tuxtla Gutierrez:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/MXXX0146

Calling for DT High's in the low 30's and NT Lows in the low 20's. Seeing as we're playing a night game it'll hopefully dip below 30C by kick-off (fingers crossed!)...

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

We're going to teach Mexico a lesson in Mexico. I think them moving the game away from Azteca was a big mistake on their part and we're going to make them pay. 2-1 Canada.

I agree, i don't think it's going to be anywhere near the same HFA as Azteca. If we can even steal a point i'd be happy.

I don't know if the whole heat and humidity issue is as much of a benefit to Mexico as it once was. With a number of their players and a larger percentage of their starters working in Europe they would be used to the same conditions as our guys. Sure in their youth they played in the hotter conditions but their match fitness is geared to the same environment as most of our guys so not so much of an advantage.

quote:Originally posted by ken

Any word on the tv coverage of this game, will Rodgers be broadcasting this live somewhere on their network or will it be the usual web search for a spanish match tracker from some obscure site.

It'll definitely be on Sportsnet but if there's a conflict for that date

S.

EDIT: Jays are on TSN that night so that's a good sign.

I don't know if the whole heat and humidity issue is as much of a benefit to Mexico as it once was. With a number of their players and a larger percentage of their starters working in Europe they would be used to the same conditions as our guys. Sure in their youth they played in the hotter conditions but their match fitness is geared to the same environment as most of our guys so not so much of an advantage.

Same. Houston and Toronto in August can be VERY hot not to mention other MLS cities. Spain and Greece I'd imagine are pretty hot right about now.

Same. Houston and Toronto in August can be VERY hot not to mention other MLS cities. Spain and Greece I'd imagine are pretty hot right about now.

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

We're going to teach Mexico a lesson in Mexico. I think them moving the game away from Azteca was a big mistake on their part and we're going to make them pay. 2-1 Canada.

Azteca does seem like a much more intimidating place to play. But sometimes a small intimate ground makes for a better atmosphere. For example regardless of the home team Fratton Park (20,000) will almost always have a better atmosphere than Wembley (90,000).

Well Tuxtla Gutierrez is basically in Central America, and it's quite humid.

Actually the conditions will be pretty much identical to what we'll face in Honduras. We've had good results playing in hot humid climates. I agree the altitude and polution of Mexico City has been a much bigger factor.

Right now the temperature is about 26 degrees celsius, but feels like 36 because of the humidity.

Altitude at Tuxtla Gutierrez is 570 meters, compared to 990 meters in Tegucigalpa Honduras.

Mexico is underestimating us. They think they're the clear favorite, but they've given us a great chance to get a result on their soil.

Mexican 23 man roster that will face us (and Jamaica prior to that) has been released:

Oswaldo Sánchez Portero Santos

Guillermo Ochoa Portero América

Jesús Corona Portero Tecos

Ricardo Osorio Defensa Sttutgart

Rafael Márquez Defensa Barcelona

Aarón Galindo Defensa Eintracht Frankfurt

Fausto Pinto Defensa Pachuca

Jonny Magallón Defensa Chivas

Carlos Salcido Defensa PSV

Francisco Javier Rodríguez Defensa PSV

Giovani dos Santos Medio Tottenham Hotspur

Pavel Pardo Medio Sttutgart

Gerardo Torrado Medio Cruz Azul

Andrés Guardado Medio Depor La Coruña

Fernando Arce Medio Santos

Leandro Augusto Medio Pumas

Francisco Torres Medio Santos

Luis Pérez Medio Monterrey

Omar Bravo Delantero Depor La Coruña

Carlos Vela Delantero Arsenal

Cuauhtémoc Blanco Delantero Chicago Fire

Matías Vuoso Delantero Santos

Carlos Ochoa Delantero Monterrey

ouch - that's a great lineup - and considering the fact that there's a good mix of domestic and internationals, they'll be tough to beat, let alone take a point from. But why not?

Where did Honduras lose to Mexico? Was that game in Azteca?

It is a good team (Mexico) but Canada-Mexico is A LOT closer than say Romania-Italy or Russia-Netherlands. Not like we have a team of MLS players and Mexico has a team of European league superstars.

We shouldn't go into ANY game in this region writing it off because no teams are far ahead of others. I mean Guatemala beat Mexico and we crushed them 3-0.

quote:Originally posted by snake

im guessing it will be maoist rebels that do it

LMFAO!!!!!! Could you imagine the ransom call they would place to the Voyageurs if that happened:

"Listen good! We have kidnapped your Canadian international goalkeeper and want money for his safe return... yes, the one with the grey hair!!! ... Hello? ... Hello? Is any one there?"

Archived