Toronto Argos and BMO Field

Luis_Rancagua

I'm a bit curious -- has anything substantial actually happened recently to suggest that the Argos may try moving to BMO Field? The idea is obvious getting play (protests at MLS All-Star Game, Toth bringing it up) but has anyone associated with the Argos, the CFL, the MLS or MLSE actually said that this is getting closer to being reality? Or are soccer fans just howling at the moon over a perceived threat?

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm an Argos fan and season ticket holder, but I also believe BMO Field is better off remaining a SSS.

Toth is also the guy who ripped the Blue Jays radio host (Mike Wilner) on the air and encouraged people to call in ripping on him until Wilner called in and destroyed him for 10 minutes. He's a dumbass.

McCown's anti-soccer thing is hilarious IMO.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Agreed. They had their chance. The paperwork was drawn up and just waiting for the final signatures. They were THAT close. Guess they didn't see MLS coming down the pipe.

I honestly believe round ball football in Canada is the greatest threat to pointy ball football in Canada. Over the long term I believe that to be absolutely true and I'm sure the Argos brain trust is regretting ever having left the door open for MLS to come to Toronto.

They're powerless. They don't have the power to stop MLSE bringing in a soccer club to Toronto.

quote:Originally posted by squizz

I'm a bit curious -- has anything substantial actually happened recently to suggest that the Argos may try moving to BMO Field? The idea is obvious getting play (protests at MLS All-Star Game, Toth bringing it up) but has anyone associated with the Argos, the CFL, the MLS or MLSE actually said that this is getting closer to being reality? Or are soccer fans just howling at the moon over a perceived threat?

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm an Argos fan and season ticket holder, but I also believe BMO Field is better off remaining a SSS.

I don't think there's been any news more recent than Mayor Miller's comments back in March that the city would consider letting the Argos into BMO Field : http://www.thestar.com/article/350819

As far as I know, the only reason this issue has been bubbling up lately is the recent protest at the All-Star Game, which started being organized several months ago.

Just a thought and maybe one of you guys can review this. But it seemed to me that the goal scored by Cooper took a crazy bounce and in a split second I thought that it hit the white line and took an ackward bounce.Having been a goallie among many other positions I also thought that our guy did everything right and that bounce was one that was very hard to read properly and even more so if that white line may have been part of that skip.Anybody?

You see it reminded me of the Robbie days that particular shot and goal

Rudi I am still not convinced and I would love to speak to Sutton about this. I also wonder if this material will not harden the surface and that this shot hit that hardened surface and took that bounce that seemed to go over Sutton,even though a goallie of his class did read it right and acted accordingly and appeared to me to be in the correct position for this low shot.

Again, the material is exactly the same all over the field. I've played on the BMO Field turf and it is incredibly consistent.

You may be thinking that there is paint on the lines, but the lines themselves are made up of white "blades" of FieldTurf, rather than green blades painted white. So there would be nothing to harden, as there is no paint at all.

Why CSA is not doing anything about this issue,at the and of the day it is National Soccer Stadium FFS?

CSA should be doing something,unless they don give a f*^k as usual.

Can someone contact those wankers and see what they have to say in regards of Argos moving to BMO Field?

Those hooligans,that's the message and this card has been played for years.We are really living in two different worlds and ours, a copy of the other one just seems to have a very difficult time of being accepted.Going to any other game the atmosphere is not the same at all and the hockey,basket,baseball and football are just not sports that could be surviving with the fans as we have them in soccer.The commercials,the stadium announcers and q back instructions will be drawned out.As i said two different worlds,but I like ours a lot better,just a lot more fun and certainly a lot less control by management. Good job Rudi and i guess these boys will give this cat another kick and they will keep this up.

One of the revealing stories is that Rosie Dimano has never ever given the TFC team any coverage and no soccer coverage period. I did speak to her about that umpteen years ago and she made it very clear that she detested soccer.

I guess she is one of them that is waiting for things to happen.

Archived