The Jamaican fans...

strobe_z

quote:Originally posted by Joe MacCarthy

As for the first line, why should Jamaicans trash Canada. Half of them live in Toronto on welfare, commit most of the crime

that's bull**** and that's inappropriate, and that's just a terrible thing to say, let alone to a jamaican guest here, I sincerly doubt this is fact as you purport it to be, so really, Learn to speak like a grown up: you don't attack people based on nationality, race, gender etc, you just threw out a snotty bull**** comment at someone's people in a blanket statement, are you retarded...or inbred you white trash hick.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However, Montreal, Vancouver sparcely populated? Refresh my memory, how big is Kingston?

I'm getting confused, this has yet to be confirmed right?. They are now looking at changing to Saputo for this game.

He's talking about the Jamaican population, which is around 10x less in Montreal than in the GTA.

As for the games switching, all we have is a vague article and quote from Saputo.

quote:Originally posted by Juby

that's bull**** and that's inappropriate, and that's just a terrible thing to say, let alone to a jamaican guest here, I sincerly doubt this is fact as you purport it to be, so really, Learn to speak like a grown up: you don't attack people based on nationality, race, gender etc, you just threw out a snotty bull**** comment at someone's people in a blanket statement, are you retarded...or inbred you white trash hick.

Macarthy shows his true colours... xenophobic neo-con...

I respect Jamaica. They play football, they aren't cheaters. They're physical they have heart and I'm looking forward to seeing how we match up against them. A couple of their supporters don't rate us, so what? We don't rate them either do we. What have their supporters done to us to deserve being called gae boyz or criminals? That's just madness, did a Jamaican steal your wife Joe?

quote:Originally posted by Soju

I respect Jamaica. They play football, they aren't cheaters. They're physical they have heart and I'm looking forward to seeing how we match up against them.

Yes, they tend to play a strong and honourable physical game and so do we so hopefully we can have a good fair match without any defender being intimidated by the possibility of cheating (the like 2 times I've seen us do it over the last few years made my blood boil but thankfully I haven't really seen it in our starters)

quote:Originally posted by L.T.Macarthy shows his true colours... xenophobic neo-con...

Never tried to hide them, on these boards, for 10 years now. Neo-con? Is that what the politically correct, anti free speech people call it now. This coming from the guy who lets Trinis recruit Canadian players on his board. Sorry dude, no moral high ground for you.

As for the rest of the newbs, I could care less what you think. The old guard knows what I'm like, I calls em as I sees em and I can back up everything with fact. Sorry you PCers don't like it but too bad so sad.

I make one joking comment (and one true comment)(re crime) and get called neo con, retard, white trash etc. Pot, kettle, black, boys, time to look in the mirror.

People are accountable for their actions whether they be rich, poor, black or white. Unlike some of you I don't have a guilt complex about these things.

You guys don't have any issue calling members of the CSA everything but a child of God. So I guess it's ok to slander Italo-Canadians, soccer moms, etc, good to know.

As for the dude talking about inappropriate comments, perhaps I made a playful one in the trash talking with the Jamaicans but there have been quite a few in reply (see three paragraphs up)

[and one true comment)(re crime)

sorry to go off topic, but thats just not true, it just makes no demographic sense, In Toronto black people in general are 8.4% (source wikipedia: Demographics of Toronto) of the population (and you have to further break that down for Jamaicans who I would be surprised if they even made up half). To say that that little portion could be responsible for most of the crime (literally implying a majority) is absurd.

sorry to go off topic, but thats just not true, it just makes no demographic sense, In Toronto black people in general are 8.4% (source wikipedia: Demographics of Toronto) of the population (and you have to further break that down for Jamaicans who I would be surprised if they even made up half). To say that that little portion could be responsible for most of the crime (literally implying a majority) is absurd.

Ok I was willing to let it go but now you are doubting fact. Years ago IIRC a Toronto Police Commissioner got in trouble for having the temerity to suggest that statistics showed a majority of the crime was being committed by the "so called" black community. It made headlines across the country.

Do you want to let this die and get back to soccer or do I have to track down the story to prove the point? I'm sure some older than 18 remember this.

he probably got in trouble because he was wrong and full of ****, and earlier, you said jamaicans, now you see black people, your story keeps changing, I think you need to watch a few episodes of fat albert to learn whats appropriate behaivour

he probably got in trouble because he was wrong and full of ****,

You can bury your head in the sand all you want, it's an issue you guys don't want to face.

Here's part of it, I'm still looking for the whole story.

Fantino sparked a controversy in 1989 over his release of crime statistics related to race, criticism he has steadfastly maintained was totally unfair.

The crime data he gave to a Jane-Finch community group allegedly showed that North York's black population was responsible for more crimes in the area per capita.

But Fantino maintained he compiled those statistics after community activists asked him to do so. After that, the force stopped gathering statistics based on race.

Just glad I don't live there. You should tell some of those black dudes to come down east where they'll be held accountable (like the rest of us) for the good and the bad. They could get ahead and have a decent chance at life instead of manufacturing excuses and living in some urban ghetto.

I've made my reply and am done unless the PCers want to keep up the misinformation or attempts at free speech suppression.

As for the soccer, I not one of those you think this will be a cakewalk. I've seen too much heartache to be overconfident. I'll say it again and again, we've got to do everything possible to win that first game and part of that means getting it outta Toronto.

I do live there, and I know it's bull****, 60% of crime from 8.4% of the population is literally retarded and completely unplausible.

edit: I'm sorry for letting(helping) this thread get hijacked, I'm done with it, no point talking to someone who wants to come and tell me how it is where I live from somewhere way else in the country.

quote:Originally posted by JB_Tito

Get back to topic,please!

Well I think its very very important for the CSA and the officials resposable for crowd control at such a match to divide away and home fans be it by a line of armed police, use of a barrier fence plus police etc.

Use of hired private security will not be an effective deterrent if things get heated.

Recently in Brasil at a game I saw perhaps twenty five armed Military Police half of whom were the Choque Troop ..i.e. the flying squade with automatic rifles this was for a game with a reported five thousand paid ticket holders.

The game ended one to one.. but the Military Police certainly did help in crowd control taking the high ground in the stadia.. and on the field helping to expel one of the coaches when dismissed by the referee.

If the CSA wants to avoid a mess they need to be prepared in advance for all games and properly assess the risk factors and mitigate them.

- No away jerseys except in away zone.

- Proper body search for all entrants.

- All bags searched and prohibited items removed or person not allowed entry,

- aluminum combs with handles

- any object that could be used as knife.

etc.

The signs need to be posted 200 metres from game entrance then again and again till you are funneled for search.

If your an away supporter you get funneled to the away gate and searched there, I tend to be in favor of the idea you give your ticket and then are searched if you have contraband your expelled and cannot return...but both methods can work.

Jahman - we always have a contingent at matches (even in Estonia!) so you'll see some of us there. Some from Canada, some who are down that way on vacation.

I wish I could say I was one to go see a match down there - always wanted to go, and especially ever since reading the Johnny Cash autobiography, and Rule of the Bone by Russel Banks!

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

Well I think its very very important for the CSA and the officials resposable for crowd control at such a match to divide away and home fans be it by a line of armed police, use of a barrier fence plus police etc.

Use of hired private security will not be an effective deterrent if things get heated.

Recently in Brasil at a game I saw perhaps twenty five armed Military Police half of whom were the Choque Troop ..i.e. the flying squade with automatic rifles this was for a game with a reported five thousand paid ticket holders.

The game ended one to one.. but the Military Police certainly did help in crowd control taking the high ground in the stadia.. and on the field helping to expel one of the coaches when dismissed by the referee.

If the CSA wants to avoid a mess they need to be prepared in advance for all games and properly assess the risk factors and mitigate them.

- No away jerseys except in away zone.

- Proper body search for all entrants.

- All bags searched and prohibited items removed or person not allowed entry,

- aluminum combs with handles

- any object that could be used as knife.

etc.

The signs need to be posted 200 metres from game entrance then again and again till you are funneled for search.

If your an away supporter you get funneled to the away gate and searched there, I tend to be in favor of the idea you give your ticket and then are searched if you have contraband your expelled and cannot return...but both methods can work.

You're getting a little carried away here - this is Toronto, in Canada. I've lived here nigh on fifty years and we aren't anywhere near this stage yet.

Everyone needs to step back a bit, take a deep breath, and relax.

I don't like dignifiying these remarks, but if you leave falsehoods undebunked, they are taken for the truth if they are repeated enough.

First, Canadian government statistics and reports identify Toronto as the SAFEST urban area in all of Canada for 2007.

Second, even if the words of the Police Commissioner are accepted as true, they mean very little - and, furthermore, McCarthy turned them into a flat out lie. For some reason, whether or not it is true, the Commissioner thought it was worthwhile to state that blacks are responsible for "more crimes in the area per capita." So what does that mean? It means that if there is a population of 10,000 people, with 9,000 white and 1,000 black, and within that populations there are 90 crimes committed by whites and 11 crimes committed by blacks, it means that blacks commit "more crimes per capita" than whites (even though the whites have committed a total of 79 more crimes overall.

Does anyone see why that statistic is relatively meaningless, and why it makes you wonder why someone woul deven raise it? Of course, it reveals a lot about a person who takes that statistic and tells people it means blacks commit the majority of crimes. It means the person is either an idiot or a racist. I'm not sure which of those categories McCarthy fits in, but they likely overlap.

Need I mention that if my memory serves me from what I read, that commissioner made those statements in 1989? ...which is almost 20 years ago???

Anyway, as far as the football, it seems safe to say that most Jamaicans not living in Canada are not fully up to speed on what's been going on in Canadian football over the past year. I think the same is true for Canadians with respect to Jamaican football.

The fact that FIFA says Deon Burton is the player to watch for Jamaica shows they are about 10 years out of date. The players to watch for Jamaica are Marlon King, Ricardo Fuller, Ricardo Gardner, Luton Shelton, Demar Phillips and Claude Davis. Most of those guys are in Premiership in England. Watch out also for Rudolph Austin and Damion Stewart. Rudolph is about to be signed by a Premiership team and Stewart plays for Queens Park Rangers.

These guys are athletic, fast and strong. They have not played well together, though, because they only started playing for Jamaica again last month after years away from the team. There are a couple more players that are even stronger that may be called.

We do not know each other's teams because we don't watch them. I do know that our TD has been scouting your team.

The everyday Jamaica does not know your team, but as the game approaches, word will spread. :)

Play hard.

I've got 3 Jamaicans on my soccer team and this game sparked some off topic discussion during warmup. First off the Jamaicans couldn't see the sense in hosting the game in Toronto, I agree with him this game shoulda been held in Nunavet from a strategic stand point. But to have this game played in Toronto is a great place to showcase the Canadian squad to new Canadians that otherwise wouldn't give a great. The fact that there is a buzz surounding this game is startling. I don't think Southern Ontario has actually this much interest in a National team game in decades, a 60-40 crowd is to be expected and it will be a hard fought game but what fans and observers will take from this game and passion displayed in the stands can spawn into Soccer dreams and Legacy's of the future.

I laid a bet down for this one, If Jamaica wins the first rounds on me and if Canada wins I get smoked up with some Jamaica delight

quote:Originally posted by Lomonty

I've got 3 Jamaicans on my soccer team and this game sparked some off topic discussion during warmup. First off the Jamaicans couldn't see the sense in hosting the game in Toronto, I agree with him this game shoulda been held in Nunavet from a strategic stand point. But to have this game played in Toronto is a great place to showcase the Canadian squad to new Canadians that otherwise wouldn't give a great. The fact that there is a buzz surounding this game is startling. I don't think Southern Ontario has actually this much interest in a National team game in decades, a 60-40 crowd is to be expected and it will be a hard fought game but what fans and observers will take from this game and passion displayed in the stands can spawn into Soccer dreams and Legacy's of the future.

I laid a bet down for this one, If Jamaica wins the first rounds on me and if Canada wins I get smoked up with some Jamaica delight

Sounds about right. I don't live in Canada, but with the amount of Jamaicans I know that live in Toronto (all of whom follow ball) I would think CA would play it elsewhere. That's what I would do. I don't know much about other factors though.

Sounds like you have a good bet, I wish I was there, I could use a Molson Ice. heheheheh

Later.

quote:Originally posted by Lomonty

I don't think Southern Ontario has actually this much interest in a National team game in decades, a 60-40 crowd is to be expected and it will be a hard fought game but what fans and observers will take from this game and passion displayed in the stands can spawn into Soccer dreams and Legacy's of the future.

60-40 for whom? [B)]

quote:

I see the logic behind that, but I never bet against my team. Even if you win, that's tainted money.

Archived