The Jamaican fans...

strobe_z

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what a cocky bunch haha.

I don't think they realize how good our team is and how average there's is.

Let me give them a wake up call....

We have been opening eyes throughout CONCACAF for the past year taking on Costa Rica, the States and Brazil and Jamaica has well... what did they do in the Gold Cup? Oh that's right, they didn't qualify.

WE JUST DOMINATED ST. VINCENT, YOU LOST TO THEM AT HOME AND COULDN'T EVEN QUALIFY FOR THE GOLD CUP!! THEN YOU LOST TO GRENADA A FEW WEEKS AGO get real Jamaica, welcome to the real world.

I love the one post "They are a bit better than Grenada on paper" a durrr.. ya think? Tyrone Marshall is a starting defender for them LOL and they think he can mark De Rosario, Marshall is garbage.

dem reggae boy rwude boyz ned ta gid ta lernin sum bazik knowledge.

We have arguably the best player in CONCACAF in Julian De Guzman. A top level striker in Rob Friend. De Rosario, Nsaliwa, Stalteri, Klukowski, Hutchinson, Imhof, Hume. If I were them Tomasz Radzinski would be the least of my worries, maybe two years ago but come on now, check out all of our new boys.

Looking at their roster they are made up of mostly Championship/League One and pub league (Jamaican League) players and a couple average MLS players in Marshall and Richards. Can't wait till our team brings these boys down to earth.

Jamaica will be a tough physical test, and we cannot take them lightly at all. But I think their fans have not been watching us closely enough, which is just fine with me.

Mind you, our back four is a bit slow, and I wonder if slotting Kluka or Brennan at CB might not be a bad idea.

Jamaica is going to be very tough. Don't kid yourself. Rene Simoes is a very good coach. Looking at the group, there's no doubt in my mind that if I'm Jamaica I'm thinking that Canada away is our best chance at a result on the road.

Let's not match their ignorance/arrogance. Jamaica will be a very stiff test.

cheers,

matthew

yes, that's true, it just makes you feel sort of funny to have people making retarded comments, like were just a bit better then grenada. On paper, if you can't see were better then jamaica (and should win) then your in some serious denial.

It just rubs me the wrong way to hear them spewing nonsense like there illiterate deaf and blind. Like look at there team on wikipedia, you'd have to be pretty much illiterate to not concede that were the favorites. That said, it's not even like the difference between us and jamaica is like us and brazil, Jamaica are very close to us in terms of ability but clearly we are the favorite. Honestly if there gonna talk a bunch **** then their gonna get a hell of a surprise when they see us play cause their analsis of our team is just them saying what they want to hear. I hope we really whoop their ass just for having a bad attitude.

but you are right that were probably going to face their best attack because they need the points against us (just like we need against them) to get the qualifiers off the right way.

They are fans of their country....big deal. So what if we don't get respect. They're the ones beating other Carribbean teams that don't have professional players and thinking that's the same competition they will face against us. From what I seen they have speed but I wouldn't get freightened about anything else.

If Stalteri can handle Nani, then he sure as hell can handle any Jamaican player. If de Guzman can handle the best CM in La Liga we can handle a Jamaican. If Friend can score 18 goals in Germany and against Brazil, then he can score against the Jamaicans. If De Rosario can be the best player in the MLS, I'm sure he can do some damage against the Jamaicans. Anybody see where I'm going with this. It doesn't matter what the assesment of our team is. We have a squad that can rival any CONCACAF team. It comes down to execution.

I'm assuming the Jamaicans are saying this due to that friendly we played in Mtl 2 years ago where in their minds we barely escaped with a win. Then what really set them off was when we lost 2-1 in kingston. Jamaica are fast yes and I hope to god that Dale preps the team because I want to get off to a good start because against the Mexicans we will have to play pretty conservative especially in the AZTEC stadium! And lets not forget how many times Honduras has #### us over!

There is not going to be an easy game in this round for anyone. The Jamaican fans can say whatever they want but as far as Canada goes, just because Jamaica did not make it to Gold CUp or lost to some minnow in some friendly, means nothing. There are 6 90 minute matches that Canada needs to perform in and that's all that matters. All the past results or current results mean little.

I also like how they suggest that the atmosphere of The Office is going to overwhelm our lads, many of whom are used to playing in places like the Santiago Bernebeu, Camp Nou, Old Trafford, Anfield, St. James Park, Celtic Park, Ibrox, the San Siro, Mestalla, Westfalenstadion, Amsterdam ArenA, Estadio da Luz, De Kuip, Luzhniki, Allianz Arena and Veltins-Arena but somehow are supposed to fold up like a chair at Independence Park.

I just wanted to say hi to all the Boyz floating over here from the Reggae Boyz forum... seems we've already started a bit of inter-forum trash talking.

[}:)]

I have to say, my personal favourite was the guy who used our 2-0 and 4-0 losses to Trinidad in 2001 as an example of our quality...

To be fair, these are fans talking so we shouldnt look too much into it (other than to say these particular fans are clueless!). I wish all of Jamaica thought that way, but Simoes will know about us, and the players wont be so over-confident, so really these comments are just silly talk from people who will have no influence on anything. The people who can actually influence the matches will know they have to watch out for us.

Well, that's the great part of all this - we can have all the pissing contests we want but the matches will be decided on the pitch.

There's a reason we've got the group of death... there are no bad teams here. Each and every game will be tough for all concerned.

Yes, the Gae Boyz are one whacky gun totin', ganja smokin' group of cats. You need a translator just to try and read the illiterate musings. :)

However, that doesn't mean we don't respect their team because anybody who has been a Canadian supporter for over five minutes knows the heartbreak, and trash talking victories ain't our style.

They'll be tough opponents as will Honduras and Mexico.

A while back I made a post about our team lacking a player(s) who would give the rest of the guys some collective heart. That player hasn't emerged but the team itself seems to be playing with a renewed confidence.

I noticed against Brazil and the Boys of St Vincent (courtesy JDV) that after scoring the guys don't seem particularly happy. I think they're seeing themselves on a mission and it's now all business. It's good to see.

There were plenty of things to work on after SVG so I doubt they are overconfident along with the knowledge of recent opponent Panama getting knocked out. They are quietly confident without being overconfident.

Interesting to see how they fare in Chiapas. If they don't get killed (like most other Canadians crazy enough to go to Mexico :) ) how will they make out. If the elevation and the smog are tolerable, I think they are mature enough to handle the fans (providing there is police protection). I've always found the Mexicans to be decidedly average outside of the Cauldron.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

I especially appreciated the message on the RBZ board which stated LARS was a target man!!!! Can't believe you guys missed out on that! "Klukowski and Lars are they target men up front"

What I am interested in will be our lineup changes (if any). Is this where DM will be crucified if he makes any changes a la FY and post Belize.

Does McKenna step back into the lineup? What happens to Gerba, who delivers everytime he's on the field. What about Simpson? Peters, Edgar, Hainault, Jazic, Johnson, Hirsch (Edit: forgot Hume, Imhof, Nsaliwa). Is the lineup set in stone, for now? Why was Cann given the start?

It's likely that we've seen our starters in the last three games as it now seems to be about stabilizing the lineup but what about Kevin Mac. Can't see any of the young guys seeing any action this WCQ.

quote:Originally posted by Joe MacCarthy

What I am interested in will be our lineup changes (if any). Is this where DM will be crucified if he makes any changes a la FY and post Belize.

Does McKenna step back into the lineup? What happens to Gerba, who delivers everytime he's on the field. What about Simpson? Peters, Edgar, Hainault, Jazic, Johnson, Hirsch. Is the lineup set in stone, for now? Why was Cann given the start?

It's likely that we've seen our starters in the last three games as it now seems to be about stabilizing the lineup but what about Kevin Mac. Can't see any of the young guys seeing any action this WCQ.

I think Gerba goes back to the bench with Friend starting, Mckenna steps in alongside Serioux. I dont expect any dramatic changes, but there is no way Cann will be in teh line-up, and I think Friend deserves the starting spot ahead of Gerba.

quote:Originally posted by Joe MacCarthy

Yes, the Gae Boyz are one whacky gun totin', ganja smokin' group of cats. You need a translator just to try and read the illiterate musings.

thats not nice, and it's weird to see a canadian make fun of a jamaican for smokin too many trees

quote:Originally posted by maccaliam

I think Gerba goes back to the bench with Friend starting, Mckenna steps in alongside Serioux. I dont expect any dramatic changes, but there is no way Cann will be in teh line-up, and I think Friend deserves the starting spot ahead of Gerba.

first off guys, its likely Reggae Boyz fans will be reading so lets translate for them, McKenna will be playing the bundesliga but should Serioux continue to start he is pretty dirty.

translation:

McKenna b playin in dat bundesliga in jormany ya. shuld serioux keep in dem startin role even doe 'e is a rwude boy?

You know, I was posting about being concerned about the Jamaicans, mostly because they will put pressure on the ball which is not sometihng we're dealing with very well at present. But as I read that opening thread, I can't help but think that they don't understand much about football outside the UK. Their captain is a decent EPL player on a lower table side -much like Stalteri. But whereas Gardner is clearly the best player on their side, Stalteri is actually starting to look out of place with DeGuzman, Hutch, and Klukowski. The Jamaicans are impressed with their own line-up cause some of these guys have had success in England. Very telling that (injury aside) Humey is not even in our first 18, while the three guys mentioned above would easily slide into a prominent role with most upper table EPL side -save the big four.

You know, I was posting about being concerned about the Jamaicans, mostly because they will put pressure on the ball which is not sometihng we're dealing with very well at present. But as I read that opening thread, I can't help but think that they don't understand much about football outside the UK. Their captain is a decent EPL player on a lower table side -much like Stalteri. But whereas Gardner is clearly the best player on their side, Stalteri is actually starting to look out of place with DeGuzman, Hutch, and Klukowski. The Jamaicans are impressed with their own line-up cause some of these guys have had success in England. Very telling that (injury aside) Humey is not even in our first 18, while the three guys mentioned above would easily slide into a prominent role with most upper table EPL side -save the big four.

Jamaica worries me. Not so much in that I'm worried they're going to be too strong for us in this group but that I think they're going to be wildly inconsistent.

They need more time but they're not going to get it.

And they're at the mercy of the ref'ing. Same as us.

And, if this WCQ goes badly for them, which it might, if Jamaica ****s the bed they throw everything out of whack. Will 9 or 10 points be enough to get us into The Hex if Jamaica's WCQ goes south?

I think we can beat them home and away. I also think we can get a result vs. honduras on the road. I mean what does a road match mean to our boys? Nothing, our guys aren't afraid of anything heck we even drew Honduras on the road last WCQ with a much weaker squad

Archived